Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on possible new obama law....

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiDad View Post
    Open question to anyone who knows regarding ByFaithIFly's post: Could the Supreme Court step in and nullify any Obama order to cancel elections? What about Congress?

For that matter, can the Supremes nullify ANY executive order of Obama's?
    Congress can nullify an EO by passing a law over turning it. If someone thinks an EO runs contrary to existing law or the Constitution, they can petition the courts.

Of course if the President was bold enough to "cancel elections" I can't imagine he'd care much about what the Supreme Court said.

I would add though, that in pretty much every Presidency I can remember someone suggests that the President might declare martial law, cancel elections, and make himself a dictator. That idea though hinges on the important premise that the overwhelming majority of military, and most of the Federal, State, and local Governments comply, and I think that is extremely unlikely.

-Ted

I have not read this thread, but I found this:
    Posting just for info.

I stand with Israel, now and forever.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

At the Holocaust Memorial parade, I will not forget the speech he gave. His voice was cold and empathetic; it chilled me to the core! How could he talk this way and undermine Israel at the same time? Who is this man? He's gone in November if we all do our job and vote. The next President (Romney) will snub many of the statutes that other presidents created in the past. It has always been this way.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrian40 View Post
    At the Holocaust Memorial parade, I will not forget the speech he gave. His voice was cold and empathetic; it chilled me to the core! How could he talk this way and undermine Israel at the same time? Who is this man? He's gone in November if we all do our job and vote. The next President (Romney) will snub many of the statutes that other presidents created in the past. It has always been this way.
    I believe he is a muslim. Muslims pretty much hate Jews so it's no surprise.
    The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21) ESV

Dispatcher from the new teenage generation