Thread: The Tehran Initiative

Hybrid View

Default The Tehran Initiative

The Tehran Initiative is a novel by Joel C. Rosenberg published in 2011. The plot of the novel revolves around an American CIA agent who goes undercover into modern day Iran after the Iranians have devloped a nuclear weapon. The novel parallels todays current events in that Israel is threatened by a Islamic Mahid who is trying to bring the world's governments under his reign. The Tehran Initiative is a fast paced and exciting read but a lenghty cast of characters is sometimes a burden to keep up. The individual has to remind themselves who exactly some of these reoccuring characters are such as the numerous scientists and technical people both on the Iranian side as well as the American side. The main characters however portray a battle of Christianity versus Radical Islam and the clock is ticking down on whether Israel will have to launch a first strike on Iran without the USA's blessing before it too late. Does the CIA Agent accomplish his mission to find the nuclear warheads before the Islamic Mahid can destroy the Middle East? Does Israel have no choice but to go it alone with a first strike lest be faced with nuclear annihilation? Can the world survive a nuclear confrontation? These questions and more can be answered but only if read The Tehran Initiative. The novel get's a solid 8.5 for this reader.

I read it and enjoyed it... guess I better not add any spoilers...
    Tall Timbers

Some more of Rosenberg's Novels are entitled "The Last Jihad, The Last Days, The Ezekiel Option, The Copper Scroll,
    and The Twelfth Iman". If anyone has read some of these, please feel free to comment.

The sequel to the Tehran Initiative (The Twelfth Iman being first in this series) is the The Damascus Countdown, it will probably be released later this year.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Loved these books and some events mirror what is happening today

I love his books, can't wait till the third one comes out. The damascus countdown.
    Last edited by adamrach; April 27th, 2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: added something

Quote Originally Posted by john boland View Post
    Some more of Rosenberg's Novels are entitled "The Last Jihad, The Last Days, The Ezekiel Option, The Copper Scroll,
    and The Twelfth Iman". If anyone has read some of these, please feel free to comment.
    I've read everything Rosenberg has out. Trust me, you will enjoy any book of his you purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by john boland View Post
    Dead Heat, which is the final book of his Last Jihad series. The first chapter had me put the book down for a while. I almost couldn't handle it! It was just too real.

I cannot wait for the next installment after The Tehran Initiative. There are a few of us from my circle of friends that are reading this series, and we meet to discuss it. It is amazing how things written in the book are happening right now. His writing is captivating, probably because the basis for his novels come from Biblical prophecy. I just love him!