Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oprah Confesses Christ During NYC Lifeclass Tour

Default A secret follower?

How can someone be a secret follower of Jesus? There are no secret back doors into the kingdom of heaven. Only the front gate.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrian40 View Post
    How can someone be a secret follower of Jesus? There are no secret back doors into the kingdom of heaven. Only the front gate.
    I totally agree. The article tried to make comparison of secret followers in the Bible... me personally, not seeing it.

meshee
    "Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2 NKJV

The word for "sun" in HEBREW is שמש/she-MESH!

The one thing necessary for a true confession of Christ, is that there is nothing else to confess but Christ. Its not just a confession that Jesus is God, that He died and rose again.

His confession is 'I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me.'

To say there are other ways to God but Christ, is only 'confessing' you don't know Him at all. It must be the full truth of Christ, and we all realize where half-truths of Christ get us, we see it around us every day.

So when this woman or other people don't make this clear, I don't count what they say as meaning anything at all. Someone needs to explain that to her.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Even the demons can say there is one God it doesn't make them saved.

I remember that show as well. She has only restated now what she stated then, but has decided to assign the "Christian" label to it. No reason to do this unless you are purposefully attempting to deceive people and you are deceived yourself. That is not mean to say--it's truth. I LOVE your hearts here to pray for her salvation. That's what we do! Jesus loves her and died to pay for her sins. We need to pray for her to desire His payment and receive Him His way and Who He is in truth, not her version which is another Jesus and another Gospel.

And you are right: there are no secret followers of the True and Living God. Look at Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea, both Jewish leaders. Both possibly there in the upper room on the day of Pentacost. After burying the Lord, they would have been shoned by their brethren for their belief.

Look at Queen Esther. She didn't get to remain a secret believer but was put in a position by the Lord to help save His people.

Reminds me of Revelation 12:11.