Thread: Nancy Pelosi's move to "Amend the First Amendment"

Apostasy Nancy Pelosi's move to "Amend the First Amendment"

Pelosi: Amend the First Amendment
    by Terence P. Jeffrey
    April 19, 2012
    (CNSNews.com) - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday endorsed a movement announced by other congressional Democrats on Wednesday to ratify an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would allow Congress to regulate political speech when it is engaged in by corporations as opposed to individuals.

The First Amendment says in part: "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press..."
    read more here: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/pelo...irst-amendment

Liberal Group: Constitutional Amendment Needed to Restrict Independent Campaign Speech
    By Matt Cover
    April 19, 2012
    (CNSNews.com) – A constitutional amendment is needed to overturn a landmark 2010 Supreme Court campaign finance ruling and allow Congress to regulate political speech, according to Robert Weissman, president of liberal activist group Public Citizen.

"Congress would have the ability to regulate campaign spending and campaign-related spending," Weissman told CNSNews.com in an interview. "So all these independent expenditures would be subject to congressional regulation."
    read more here: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/libe...ampaign-speech

Keep the First Amendment
    By The Editors
    April 23, 2012 4:00 A.M.
    The phrase “stunning development” is used far too often in our politics, but here is an item that can be described in no other way: Nancy Pelosi and congressional Democrats, frustrated by the fact that the Bill of Rights interferes with their desire to muzzle their political opponents, have proposed to repeal the First Amendment.

That is precisely what the so-called People’s Rights Amendment would do. If this amendment were to be enacted, the cardinal rights protected by the First Amendment — free speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, freedom to petition the government for redress of grievances — would be redefined and reduced to the point of unrecognizability. The amendment would hold that the rights protected by the Constitution are enjoyed only by individuals acting individually; individuals acting in collaboration with others would be stripped of those rights
    http://www.nationalreview.com/blogs/print/296704
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

And our constitutional right to vote (or not vote) put these usurpers in office.

I hope and pray we never have to rely on the Second one to get them out.

Campaign reform = All money goes to a communal pot for ALL politicians to use. Allocation determined by office sought.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

This is actually good news. No better way to fight these people than to let them speak and act freely. Maybe the msm will finally get up in arms, I doubt it though. Romney needs to use this one wherever he goes.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

In order to amend the First Amendment would they need to hold a constitutional convention and have 3/4 of the states to ratify? I would think they would have to throw out the First Amendment altogether and try to ratify a new amendment, which neither will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon300 View Post
    In order to amend the First Amendment would they need to hold a constitutional convention and have 3/4 of the states to ratify? I would think they would have to throw out the First Amendment altogether and try to ratify a new amendment, which neither will happen.
    If I remember my Constitution class, it would need to go through the House and the Senate, then to the President, like any other bill. Perhaps even 3/4 majorities in Congress, but my memory is sketchy. Then it would need ratified by 3/4 of the states. Good luck with that. An amendment can obliterate a prior amendment, or tweak one already in place.

Its why its perfect, it will never happen, and they showed a little more of their radical hand. Of course who will actually listen to what Mrs. Pelosi says? Just like Biden, they are considered loony and ignored. The Rep's need more 'black ops' like this, spurring the crazies on to amend the Constitution even more.

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Pelosi is doing this strictly for political theatre. stuff she can use later against republicans.

But it is much more enjoyable to thrust the microphone in her face and question her over how she is moving the amendment through Congress, what chances she thinks it will be to pass it, how many colleagues are on board, whats the next strategy needed to make this happen. Stuff like that. If some news outlet was just relentless in asking her these things, I would just be tickled pink. We could probably mine some real gems from her statements along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty066 View Post
    Pelosi is doing this strictly for political theatre. stuff she can use later against republicans.
    Or better yet we can use against her.

Stop Pelosi and the Commies!

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    And our constitutional right to vote (or not vote) put these usurpers in office

Pssst Wally - While many state constitutions delineate a right to vote, there is no constitutional right to vote in a Federal election.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

The further we get down the road the more we will see these totalitarians reveal their true colors. I think the general public is going to start realizing just how evil these people really are. Before the election is over I think we will have seen the most brazen evil intentions in our government that have never been seen before.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

She is crazy. Maybe been sniffing too much hairspray????
    :fish

The botox has seeped into her brain.
    Christ my Saviour, my King, in YOU I trust.

The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him. Nahum 1:7

I wonder what the American Civil Liberties Union, Inc. has to say about this? Or -

The Boy Scouts of America, foundations for biomedical research and education, veterans medical research foundations, and other non-profit corporations?

Corporations that gave money for Pelosi's campaign?

The Democratic National Committee? Unions?

Something in this smells like the EPA guy who recently gave Roman Empire intimidation as an example of how to control a general population.

Or am I thinking of the guy who enacted similar restrictions for the Fatherland, and wrote "Mein Kampf"? Or was it "Nancy, Mein Dummkopf"?

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    I wonder what the American Civil Liberties Union, Inc. has to say about this? Or -

The Boy Scouts of America, foundations for biomedical research and education, veterans medical research foundations, and other non-profit corporations?

Corporations that gave money for Pelosi's campaign?

The Democratic National Committee? Unions?

Something in this smells like the EPA guy who recently gave Roman Empire intimidation as an example of how to control a general population.

Or am I thinking of the guy who enacted similar restrictions for the Fatherland, and wrote "Mein Kampf"? Or was it "Nancy, Mein Dummkopf"?

Remember that Nancy's attempt to limit the 1st Amendment to "individuals" and not "corporations" is all of a piece with the Left's and Occupy's obsession with the idea that "corporations are not people." They keep pushing this idea and it's really irritating. What the liberals don't like is the fact that some people can get together and pool their resources to make a video or make some posters, etc. that criticize liberal policies.
    Last edited by Steve53; April 30th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    Pssst Wally - While many state constitutions delineate a right to vote, there is no constitutional right to vote in a Federal election.

From Wiki;

In the United States the right to petition is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the federal constitution, which specifically prohibits Congress from abridging "the right of the people...to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Sorry, I went abstract here and considered voting as a from of redress.

I hope you do agree, many in office are there because we put them there by voting, (or by not voting).
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    ... many in office are there because we put them there by voting, (or by not voting).

Ignorant voters and apathy have often combined to disastrous result.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Default A change will do us good...

The Tea Party is growing. God willing, progressives like her will be voted out. No more. Liberty requires eternal vigilance. Pelosi's request will get shredded along the way.