Thread: Bible for a 6 year old girl

Default Bible for a 6 year old girl

Hi All,

Sorry to post this question on the Homeschooling Forum but I figured you all would be the most likely to have an answer to this question.

My cousin is not saved. They do not attend a church nor do they plan to. However, we were talking today and her daughter is asking a lot of quesitons about death (they just lost a member of their extended family). I e-mailed her a handout on Heaven that was provided to us by our CBS (community Bible Study) leaders, but wanted to get her 6 year old a Bible that would be easy for her to understand, but one that she could grow with.

So, which Bible do your early elementary kids use? And, which would you give a child who does not have any religious background and parents who are not particularly interested in instilling one?

Thank you so much!
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

I just got my 6 year old son the ESV Seek and Find Bible (from Amazon). I love it, he loves it, even my almost 4 year old loves it. It has illustrations accompanied by the story and then where to find the story, the key verse, and three questions to think about. Each story points back to Jesus. The stories are easy to read. My 6 year old isn't quite to that reading level, but he tries. It also has the complete Bible text. I recommend it to everyone with kids 4-10.

They have a version that has a purple cover.

On Crossway's website you can see a sample from the Bible. (Crossway.org)
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the deadóJesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

This is what we got our youngest for Christmas. We got the NIV version because our local CBS uses it. I heard they are changing to ESV next year.

http://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Bibl...5621194&sr=8-1

Thank you so much!!!! i'll pop on to Amazon tonight and take a good gander at each of them and then order. I'm very hopeful that her current pre-occupation with death (the poor little girl is terrified of becoming a ghost) will lead her to open the Bible and read it if we mail it to her.

Thank you so much!!!
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

You might want to give her a copy of this as well -- it's a wonderful book that explains death and Heaven so incredibly beautifully (hard to beat Randy Alcorn) . . .

http://www.amazon.com/Tell-About-Hea...5736081&sr=8-1

Thank you so much! Ordering the book about Heaven and the Adventure Bible now.