Thread: Israeli PM Netanyahu's father dies at age 102 *merged*

Default Israeli PM Netanyahu's father dies at age 102 *merged*

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's father, often believed to have had a great influence on his son's right-wing politics, died on Monday at the age of 102, an official statement said.

Benzion Netanyahu was a renowned professor of medieval Jewish history, an expert on anti-Semitism and a supporter of the late hawkish Zionist ideologue Zeev Jabotinsky.

"Bibi learnt the pure Zionism from a man who was so close to Jabotinsky," parliament speaker Reuven Rivlin told Israel Radio, referring to the prime minister by his nickname.

"He was educated in a home where Zionism was a Zionism with no compromise ... though Bibi's realpolitik was much more developed."

At a party to celebrate his father's 100th birthday, the Jewish Chronicle quoted the prime minister as saying: "I learnt from you to look into the future."

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...83T04O20120430
    And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 1 Timothy 6:8

Sad news. May the Lord of Israel comfort the family and draw them ever closer.
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Default Benzion Netanyahu, father of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, dies at 102

Interesting article about his life.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national...t-102-1.427255
    Please ask The Lord to open my daughter's heart, Thank you!

2Co 10:4

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds

Apart from HIM, I can do nothing!

Default Article was interesting

I was wondering how they chose their new last name, what was Mandatory Palestine, and what were the angry prophesies.

Most eye opening for me was the news, "On Monday morning, Meretz withdrew the vote of no-confidence that it issued this morning, following the death of Benzion Netanyahu. Party chairperson Zahava Gal-On stated that the proposal for dissolution of the Knesset will be postponed until after the period of mourning. "

If I understand correctly, this means that want a new leader (bye bye Bibi) and will lead to new elections......... I am intrigued that this resolution is submitted and a man that many respected, dies, and then the resolution is withdrawn (temporarily). I am intrigued about the prophecies Benzion had.....I am 'wondering' in relationship to Hezekiah- 15 yrs given to his life and then judgement for showing the treasures- but only after he died......

Bibi loved his father immensely and our prayers go out to him and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by M4EVERHIS View Post
    I was wondering how they chose their new last name, what was Mandatory Palestine, and what were the angry prophesies.

Most eye opening for me was the news, "On Monday morning, Meretz withdrew the vote of no-confidence that it issued this morning, following the death of Benzion Netanyahu. Party chairperson Zahava Gal-On stated that the proposal for dissolution of the Knesset will be postponed until after the period of mourning. "

If I understand correctly, this means that want a new leader (bye bye Bibi) and will lead to new elections......... I am intrigued that this resolution is submitted and a man that many respected, dies, and then the resolution is withdrawn (temporarily). I am intrigued about the prophecies Benzion had.....I am 'wondering' in relationship to Hezekiah- 15 yrs given to his life and then judgement for showing the treasures- but only after he died......

Bibi loved his father immensely and our prayers go out to him and his family.
    Please ask The Lord to open my daughter's heart, Thank you!

2Co 10:4

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds

Apart from HIM, I can do nothing!

Question.... where their ancestors actual Jews or did they just convert to Judaism? --just curious...thanks!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Israel

There's nothing our LORD JESUS CHRIST can't do!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbressler1976 View Post
    Question.... where their ancestors actual Jews or did they just convert to Judaism? --just curious...thanks!
    I tried researching this and found out that Bibi's father was a revisionist-zionist while he is more of a "pragmatic" revisionist-zionist. I think they believe that Israel's land boundaries should include both sides of the Jordan River. Benzion was born in Warsaw in 1910. Russian Jews. I think Jesus knows EXACTLY where the boundaries of His Millennial Kingdom will be. And we are invited! What a day that will be...when we all see Jesus!

Israel Praying For PM Netanyahu & Family

I am so sorry to hear this, but he lived a long life at 102. For those of you who would like to sign his guest book go here. We can share with PM Netanyahu & family our condolences. http://www.legacy.com/NS/
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Quote Originally Posted by tbrian40 View Post
    I tried researching this and found out that Bibi's father was a revisionist-zionist while he is more of a "pragmatic" revisionist-zionist. I think they believe that Israel's land boundaries should include both sides of the Jordan River. Benzion was born in Warsaw in 1910. Russian Jews. I think Jesus knows EXACTLY where the boundaries of His Millennial Kingdom will be. And we are invited! What a day that will be...when we all see Jesus!
    Thank you for the info!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.