Thread: Growing in Grace Members Getting "666" Tattoos as a Positive Symbol Demonstrating Faith

Default Growing in Grace Members Getting "666" Tattoos as a Positive Symbol Demonstrating Faith

While one might dismiss this as just another local cult, Growing in Grace is reportedly active in 130 countries. It's possible that some of our members may live near one of these churches and could intervene in some way if they felt so directed.

If nothing else, this story is a good reminder of just how twisted a belief can become under the umbrella of religion. On an especially sad note, they have "set a date" and we know how cults normally respond to such date setting.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/05...ransformation/

when people can walk through walls, what keeps them from falling through the floor?

I wonder if any of the folks in this cult have ever cracked open a bible themselves and read from it. Down the road, post-rapture, I can see lines of people in a festive mood waiting in line, sometimes impatiently, to receive the coveted mark of the beast.
    Tall Timbers

Just checked out that mans website . I must say that it is very very disturbing.
    Teaching that there is no such things as the devil or sin.
    Teaching that there is something coming called Transformation. Here is some of it I pulled from his website.

Many have announced this event, confusing it with the second coming of the Lord. Nevertheless, the mystery lies in that it is necessary for this final trumpet to sound, it was essential that this message was preached. It was necessary for God to be present with the gospel of uncircumcision, clarifying, edifying the minds of the chosen ones. It was necessary for him to come as a thief in the night in order to sound the final trumpet for those who awaited him, those who love his arrival, taking by surprise that generation that cannot receive him, those who to this day cast out demons and speak of God, not walking according to the truth of the gospel because they do not see it nor know it.

I am sickened to my stomach when reading some of the blasphmous things. there are numerous of ppl following him. We should pray that they come to know the real Jesus of Nazareth the soon coming King.

They don't see how silly they are, they say that only they will be saved and all unbelievers will be destroyed, than go on and say how after the date, Gov's. will start to collapse and economies will go bad---well how could they if everybody is dead and gone? How silly.

False messiahs

Matthew 24:4-5
    4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

Unfortunately, and sadly, this man is not the first and he will not be the last... I feel sad for all the people who turn to these false messiahs. They are SO hungry for the truth but don't know how to open their hearts to Christ.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

I'm always astounded how people grab things out of thin air.

What I mean by that is: there is ONE Jesus Christ. He is the Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible. You read it and change nothing. You're grabbing things out of thin air if you are labeling something the messiah or the gospel that does not come out of the Book!!

"The King's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.
    She shall be brought unto the King in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.
    With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the King's palace."
    -Psalm 45:13-15

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21) ESV

Dispatcher from the new teenage generation