Thread: One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven

Default One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven

I'm not sure if anyone here has mentioned the book, "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven" by Mark Cahill, but I read it some time ago, and God really used it in my life. It's a very practical book that reminds you that you can only share your faith here on Earth, and encourages you to do so. One of the chapters was on using tracts in evangelism, and he had a quote by Spurgeon that I had never heard before. Spurgeon said, "When preaching and private talk are not available, you need to have a tract ready....Get good striking tracts, or none at all. But a touching gospel tract may be the seed of eternal life. herefore, do not go out without your tracts." I was so encouraged to know that C. H. Spurgeon himself, the prince of preachers, used gospel tracts regularly. One last thing, you can actually listen to the audio version of the book free on his website (www.markcahill.org).

We've got that book. Mark Cahill is awesome. He spoke at our church and was selling his books afterwards - but he told everyone, "We have a listed price but we want everyone to be able to get a book, if you can only pay part of it, pay part of it, if you can't pay at all, just take one." My dad had been out of work for a while already back then but my sister really wanted a book. I was able to send her up with all the change I had and she got it.

I am not my own, I've surrendered to You, Lord.
    I am not of this world, Heaven is my home.
    - Chelsie Boyd (written by Jesse Shuster)

Please visit my friend Chelsie's site and listen to her beautiful Christian music: http://www.chelsieboyd.com/

It's an amazing book that changed my life! I've shared it with friends as well and they all loved it. I also love Mark Cahill's booklet called "One Second After You". It's designed to give to agnostic people and people searching for answers.

A friend of mine just loaned me this book by Mark Cahill. I'm excited to read it. Anyone else familiar with this book and author?

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    A friend of mine just loaned me this book by Mark Cahill. I'm excited to read it. Anyone else familiar with this book and author?

Let us know what you think about it

Well, after just reading the introduction and chapter one, it makes me want to be bolder in evangelizing. Because evangelism is the "One Thing You Can't do in Heaven."
    So far so good. I'll keep ya posted

A very long time ago "Outside" magazine used to be a really good magazine. I think a Mark Cahill wrote a monthly article for them... I've no idea if it is the same person but that guy could really weave a great story. The magazine went from really good to really bad overnight when they decided to go with the radical left environmentalists.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Charles Spurgen once said "If you do not wish to see others saved then you should question your own salvation." I totally agree. How selfish for one to say "I am saved, I don't need to do anything else to see others saved." That in itself is a quandary. Do you do it as a sense of duty or out of a sense of love? To me....doing it out of a sense of duty is a work. Doing it out of a sense of love is grace. But, how do you know which it is?

Well, in my case I get excited about it.

It's not a chore or a duty (maybe doing up the Bibles can be a pain, putting tracts in them and the bookmarks and all), but the actual distribution is fun.

People, when they hear what I do, are ALWAYS accusing me of being works-based. Uh. No.

I'm already going to Heaven. My sin is already covered. What else do I NEED to do? Nothing.

But I want to have a lot of people at my "table" so to speak, when I get up there, people I helped along the way. I want to hug them and feast with them and be happy with them. That is all.

I also know, on a very real level, just how much a person can hurt. The demons that can live in your head and torment you, keep you up at night, make you want to hurt yourself. The hopelessness of suicidal thoughts. The feeling no one would care, and maybe they'd be happy, if you did it. The desperation in wanting to know that Someone cares for you and some person, just one, gives a [censored] whether you live or die.

I know that. I have had a few responses while working that have indicated God helped me find these people, too. That gets me out there too, pulling people out of the burning house.

God brings them to me; I just go. I will continue to go.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

I finally finished this book, "One Thing You Can't do in Heaven" and I've got to say, it's the best book I've ever read! (Other than the Bible, of course.)

I highly recommend this book to all my brothers and sisters in Christ! The author's (Mark Cahill) zeal is contagious as he lists story after story of conversations that he's had with random people. He also has a chapter that I especially liked on how to answer people who ask questions regarding Christianity and their misplaced views on it.
    Questions like:
    -How can Jesus be the only way to God? Aren't there many paths to Heaven?
    -Doesn't evolution prove the Bible is false?
    -can you prove there's a God?
    -How can there be a God when there's so much evil and suffering in the world?
    -What about someone in Africa who has never heard the gospel?

I have really enjoyed his Biblically based answers!

A friend loaned me the book and I wanted to get my own copy for our kids to read, and hopefully my husband will as well. This book is obviously directed to believers to encourage them to share the best News ever, but he has another one that I just ordered called "One Heartbeat Away" and it's written in the same style but for unbelievers. I'm going to read it and give it to my dad.

I've had such a desire to share the gospel more and more and this book was only fuel to my flame!

I finally finished this book, "One Thing You Can't do in Heaven" and I've got to say, it's the best book I've ever read! (Other than the Bible, of course.)

I highly recommend this book to all my brothers and sisters in Christ! The author's (Mark Cahill) zeal is contagious as he lists story after story of conversations that he's had with random people. He also has a chapter that I especially liked on how to answer people who ask questions regarding Christianity and their misplaced views on it.
    Questions like:
    -How can Jesus be the only way to God? Aren't there many paths to Heaven?
    -Doesn't evolution prove the Bible is false?
    -can you prove there's a God?
    -How can there be a God when there's so much evil and suffering in the world?
    -What about someone in Africa who has never heard the gospel?

I have really enjoyed his Biblically based answers!

A friend loaned me the book and I wanted to get my own copy for our kids to read, and hopefully my husband will as well. This book is obviously directed to believers to encourage them to share the best News ever, but he has another one that I just ordered called "One Heartbeat Away" and it's written in the same style but for unbelievers. I'm going to read it and give it to my dad.

I've had such a desire to share the gospel more and more and this book was only fuel to my flame!
    Amen! Glad to hear that the Lord used this book to fan the flame!

Praying for you, Sister! May God's grace send you out into the fields! They are ready to harvest!

Remember, God said the harvest is plenteous but the LABORERS are few....pray for more laborers and you might find God sending you!

I have the book. Love Mark Cahill !! He will inspire you to evangelize. The man is an amazing witness. You can also sign up for his monthly newsletter via email and get tracts etc from his website. He's a solid preacher.

Quote Originally Posted by jonshaff View Post
    Amen! Glad to hear that the Lord used this book to fan the flame!

Praying for you, Sister! May God's grace send you out into the fields! They are ready to harvest!

Remember, God said the harvest is plenteous but the LABORERS are few....pray for more laborers and you might find God sending you!
    Thank you for the prayers, Jon. And as I'm saying that prayer I'm also praying for boldness! It's exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by HisBeloved View Post
    I have the book. Love Mark Cahill !! He will inspire you to evangelize. The man is an amazing witness. You can also sign up for his monthly newsletter via email and get tracts etc from his website. He's a solid preacher.
    Oh, thank you for the tip on signing up for the newsletter! I'll do it now! Getting some more tracts sounds great, too.

And I agree...Mr. Cahill is being used by the Lord in a big way. The exciting part is that we can all do it.

May the Lord give us all more boldness to share the Good News with others!

Oh, thank you for the tip on signing up for the newsletter! I'll do it now! Getting some more tracts sounds great, too.

And I agree...Mr. Cahill is being used by the Lord in a big way. The exciting part is that we can all do it.

May the Lord give us all more boldness to share the Good News with others!
    Amen!!

You won't see prices in his website, I believe it's donation only. He has a passion for the lost and wants to equip and teach others.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSophie View Post
    Charles Spurgen once said "If you do not wish to see others saved then you should question your own salvation." I totally agree. How selfish for one to say "I am saved, I don't need to do anything else to see others saved." That in itself is a quandary. Do you do it as a sense of duty or out of a sense of love? To me....doing it out of a sense of duty is a work. Doing it out of a sense of love is grace. But, how do you know which it is?
    I totally agree with that quote. I believe that are very few true believers out there, and if someone is making excuses of why they don't or won't share their faith there are really only a couple of logical deductions that we can make: They are spiritually babies, or they aren't saved at all.

I do believe there may be the zeal in the heart of the new believer that can easily be defeated since they haven't learned apologetics to defend their faith properly. If/when this happens, it causes people to clam up and stop sharing at times.