Thread: One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven

Default One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven

I'm not sure if anyone here has mentioned the book, "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven" by Mark Cahill, but I read it some time ago, and God really used it in my life. It's a very practical book that reminds you that you can only share your faith here on Earth, and encourages you to do so. One of the chapters was on using tracts in evangelism, and he had a quote by Spurgeon that I had never heard before. Spurgeon said, "When preaching and private talk are not available, you need to have a tract ready....Get good striking tracts, or none at all. But a touching gospel tract may be the seed of eternal life. herefore, do not go out without your tracts." I was so encouraged to know that C. H. Spurgeon himself, the prince of preachers, used gospel tracts regularly. One last thing, you can actually listen to the audio version of the book free on his website (www.markcahill.org).

We've got that book. Mark Cahill is awesome. He spoke at our church and was selling his books afterwards - but he told everyone, "We have a listed price but we want everyone to be able to get a book, if you can only pay part of it, pay part of it, if you can't pay at all, just take one." My dad had been out of work for a while already back then but my sister really wanted a book. I was able to send her up with all the change I had and she got it.

I am not my own, I've surrendered to You, Lord.
    I am not of this world, Heaven is my home.
    - Chelsie Boyd (written by Jesse Shuster)

Please visit my friend Chelsie's site and listen to her beautiful Christian music: http://www.chelsieboyd.com/

It's an amazing book that changed my life! I've shared it with friends as well and they all loved it. I also love Mark Cahill's booklet called "One Second After You". It's designed to give to agnostic people and people searching for answers.