Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plans to create a more powerful EU

Quote Originally Posted by barryinaustralia View Post
    Check this map:
    Bravo sir! Thats what I'm looking for. Much more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post
    I would not use Jack Van Impe as a credible source, he's known to be wrong on many occasions. I also do not agree that Germany is Gomer, most scholars place Gomer as Turkey.
    Acually i got that map from here, Chris posted it years ago. I too, don't believe that Germany is Gomer, though Hal Lindsey does. But reread my post, it was about Britain, not Gomer. I believe that Britain is Tarshish. Britain belongs to the commonweath group. A group of former British colonies. They need the EU less than most of the European nations. They have resisted a lot of attempts at becoming a state in a super-Europe.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

Default gomer?

Here's a list I've compiled after reading books from the following:

Joel Rosenberg

Magog, Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal - Russia and former Soviet Republics
    Persia - Iran
    Cush - Sudan, Ethiopia, and possibly Eritrea
    Put - Libya, Algeria, Tunisia
    Gomer - Turkey and possibly Germany and Austria
    Bethtogarmah - Turkey, Armenia, and the Turkic-speaking peoples of Asia Minor and Central Asia
    Countries with mountanous borders with Israel - Syria, Lebanon, and northern Jordan
    Many Peoples with you - Possible additional Islamic Allies
    [Sbeba and Dedan] - [Saudia Arabia, Yemen, Oman, and the Gulf States]

Mark Hitchcock

Magog, Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal - Russia, Central Asia, and possibly Afghanistan, Turkey
    Persia - Iran
    Cush - Sudan
    Put - Libya
    Gomer - Turkey
    Bethtogarmah - Turkey

Arnold Fruchtenbaum

Magog, Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal - Russia
    Persia - Iran
    Cush - Ethiopia
    Put - Somalia (and definitely not Libya)
    Gomer - Germany
    Bethtogarmah - Armenia
    Many Peoples with you - May or may not mean additional countries

John Hagee

Persia - Iran
    Cush - Ethiopia
    Put - Libya

Tim LaHaye

Persia - Iran
    Cush - Ethiopia
    Gomer - Germany and possibly some Eastern European Countries
    Bethtogarmah - Armenia and possibly Turkey

Jimmy DeYoung

Magog, Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal - Russia, Turkey
    Persia - Iran, Pakistan, Afganistan
    Cush - Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan
    Put - Libya

John Walvoord

Persia - Iran
    Cush - East of Egypt and West of Red Sea (But Uncertain)
    Put - South of Cush in Africa (But Uncertain)
    Gomer - Asia Minor and others in Eastern Europe
    Bethtogarmah - Armenia
    [Sbeba and Dedan] - [Southwestern and Southern Arabia]

some of the above probably base their assumptions on original work, others probably accept the results of others' studies. maps may or may not be accurate. I figure we'll know for sure eventually, whether we're here or home.
    Tall Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Here's a list I've compiled after reading books from the following:

Joel Rosenberg

Magog, Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal - Russia and former Soviet Republics
    Persia - Iran
    Cush - Sudan, Ethiopia, and possibly Eritrea
    Put - Libya, Algeria, Tunisia
    Gomer - Turkey and possibly Germany and Austria
    Bethtogarmah - Turkey, Armenia, and the Turkic-speaking peoples of Asia Minor and Central Asia
    Countries with mountanous borders with Israel - Syria, Lebanon, and northern Jordan
    Many Peoples with you - Possible additional Islamic Allies
    [Sbeba and Dedan] - [Saudia Arabia, Yemen, Oman, and the Gulf States]
    I tend to agree with Joel mostly on this. These are the exceptions.:

Cush - I believe has more nations from non-Arab Africa.
    Put - May include all 5 Arab nations west of Eqypt. In the 90's the 5 had an economic trading block. I don't know if it still exists though?
    The seeds of my thoughts on Put and Cush come from Hal Lindsey.

Gomer - Turkey. I could be wrong on this, as several teachers consider Germany a possibility. But i just don't see Germany joining an islamic invasion of Israel. But then, i didn't see Berlin wall coming down either (before the ac arrives). I didn't see the fall of the Soviet Union coming before the tribulation. Along with other world changing events that have happened since i've been watching.

I discount much of the map i posted. I believe that Tarshish is Britain. And i find it an interesting theory that Magog may be Kazakstan.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Good find. Good find! I posted about this a couple of weeks ago here. But this is a new write up and a very interesting one too.

Folks, imo this could very possibly and plausibly, and very likely, be the actual office of the end-times anti-christ being discussed and created right here before our very eyes! This, at a time when new economic data coming out of Europe, in particular the Eurozone, showing accelerating deteriorating economic conditions in those countries. The Eurozone sovereign debt crisis - one of the key drivers behind the move toward a super EU President.

Let's examine the article a little more thoroughly, and I do acknowledge this is from the perspective of the UK...

Secretive, covert group of EU ministers. A European emperor that could only be aspired to by Napoleon Bonaparte. Holy Roman Empire of Charlemagne that dominated Europe in the Dark Ages.

The only question mark here that I can see is that this office would be bureaucratic, meaning an office not directly elected by the people. Not sure if the anti-christ will himself will assume the office via a vote among ministers and then consolidate power via popular elections? I think this was the route Hitler traveled to gain the power he did over Germany. His popularity and mandate only grew with his fierce nationalistic vision on the back of Germany's depressed economic conditions at the time, a lot like what we are beginning to see in parts of Europe now. Time will tell of course, but this is fascinating news and worth noting and watching.
    Isn't there still an unfilled seat #666 at the E.U. ?
    PLEASE PRAY FOR LINDSEY'S SALVATION

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    Isn't there still an unfilled seat #666 at the E.U. ?
    How do you know there is a unfilled seat #666?

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    I'm just going by memory, something mentioned on this board maybe?

It's been quite a few years.

I searched the U.N. Website but haven't found it yet.

I believe there was a chart with seat numbers and names.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    The Vacant Seat Number 666 in the European Parliament
    http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=666
    The prophetic significance of the European Union has been revealed as the saga unfolds. [See our two articles on "The Conspiracy behind the European Union".] First, the sign which it chose as its symbol was the Woman riding the Beast. This comes from a prophecy in Revelation 17. The depiction of the harlot woman was reproduced on the centenary stamp of the European Union, in a huge painting in the Parliament's new building in Brussels, and by a huge sculpture outside the new E.U. Council of Ministers Office in Brussels. The new European coinage, the Euro, bears the same insignia. The Tower of Babel has been used on the posters emanating from Europe – a truly suggestive prophetic sign.

Now, a massive Crystal Palace tower (officially called the Tower Building) houses the Fifth Parliament of Europe.

It is certainly a building of the Space Age. The seats of its massive hemicycle are designed like the crew seats in the Star Trek space machines. There are 679 of them – but wait for it! While these seats are allocated to Members, one seat remains unallocated and unoccupied. The number of that seat is 666. The relevant section of the seating-plan provided to each Member reads as follows:

I've been wondering if the three Kings who are "Subdued" will be the three positions that this "Super" EU President will take over??

We tend to think it's three leaders of three countries, which it could be, but what if it's a clue that the AC will come out of this new Super EU President they want, which will give him power over three divisions of the EU...
    hmmm

Default Link You Requested

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Please provide a link for this, we don't want to have to delete it.
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-scrap-Britain

I hope this helps; I thought that including the whole article with the source at the end was enough. Thank you for letting me know.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-scrap-Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Dani D View Post
    I've been wondering if the three Kings who are "Subdued" will be the three positions that this "Super" EU President will take over??

We tend to think it's three leaders of three countries, which it could be, but what if it's a clue that the AC will come out of this new Super EU President they want, which will give him power over three divisions of the EU...
    hmmm
    Lookin like it.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

It could go that way too. Discussions are already proposing the new EU President office combine two existing positions:

1. President of the European Council, and
    2. President of the European Commission.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal Son View Post

Gomer - Turkey. I could be wrong on this, as several teachers consider Germany a possibility. But i just don't see Germany joining an islamic invasion of Israel. But then, i didn't see Berlin wall coming down either (before the ac arrives). I didn't see the fall of the Soviet Union coming before the tribulation. Along with other world changing events that have happened since i've been watching.
    Interesting fact: Germany has the largest Turkish population outside of Turkey at 4 million and increasing.

Default Possible Explanation For the Vacant 666 Chair in 5th Parliment

I was discussing the vacant chair with a sister in Christ. Perhaps knowing the Biblical meaning of 666 is the reason the chair is vacant; akin to many buildings not having a 13 button on the elevator. Have you ever been in an elevator that has buttons for 12 then skips to 14? When the Anti-Christ does come to power, I doubt if he will be sitting in a seat. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by one4God View Post
    I was discussing the vacant chair with a sister in Christ. Perhaps knowing the Biblical meaning of 666 is the reason the chair is vacant; akin to many buildings not having a 13 button on the elevator. Have you ever been in an elevator that has buttons for 12 then skips to 14? When the Anti-Christ does come to power, I doubt if he will be sitting in a seat. Just a thought.

I believe that this leader will be given absolute power in times of crisis. Isaiah 17, maybe, after the rapture?

Quote Originally Posted by one4God View Post
    Unlike the missing floor 13, the seat is there...
    Tall Timbers

Amazing that this house of cards called "the economy" still hasn't crashed down as of yet. Or that Israel is still patiently biding her time.....

Either one of these could be the trigger.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon300 View Post
    Interesting fact: Germany has the largest Turkish population outside of Turkey at 4 million and increasing.

(in addition we have also a lot of people from other islamic countries and many asylum-seekers from there)

Today German pupils are often a minority in some schools. A young woman told me recently that she attended school in Frankfurt for some years. She and another pupil were the only Germans between Turks and Arabs in the class.

Most of the young male followers of the most peaceful religion here are unemployed, uneducated, brutal and aggressive. An explosive mixture. They are a high-risk group for us. *-O(:~{>

See also: Youth bulge:

The expansive case was described as youth bulge by Gary Fuller (1995). Gunnar Heinsohn (2003) argues that an excess in especially young adult male population predictably leads to social unrest, war and terrorism, as the "third and fourth sons" that find no prestigious positions in their existing societies rationalize their impetus to compete by religion or political ideology.

One problem with this line of reasoning is that under conditions prevailing before the introduction of modern medicine, death rates were much higher than they are now, and almost all societies had youth bulges even when their population growth rate was negligible. However, they certainly did not experience such youth bulge as prevails today in some parts of the world or as prevailed in twentieth century Germany or in Africa and the Middle East nowadays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populat...id#Youth_bulge

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon300 View Post
    Germany also financially supports and controls most of Europe. The fourth Reich is emerging with a Sharia flavor.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Unlike the missing floor 13, the seat is there...
    So Is the Floor; It is just numbered differently.
    Difference is the seat is numbered. Still believe that when he arrives, he will be at the head and not in the chair.