Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC Passes Gay Marriage Ban Amendment

Default NC Passes Gay Marriage Ban Amendment

Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

That's exactly what I said, Praise God!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by futurehope View Post
    Glad to hear that N C voted wisely which makes them biblically correct.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

My state of Washington did not pass it.

My state of Maryland did not allow the voters to have a say on this. The state legislature decided for us. They unfortunately decided to vote for gay marriage. I haven't heard too much about it since, though.

I specifically started this thread because my daughter Pastor, Sean Harris, from Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville, NC has been maligned lately on CNN and on Anderson Cooper for some things he said in a sermon concerning our role as parents in discouraging behaviors opposite to your child's gender. His sermon included Bible principles (as his sermons usually do) and his purpose was to encourage people to vote to approve the state amendment.

But the haters came out in full force against him and his church.......but the amendment passed anyway, praise God!
    Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

I was worried. The opposition to the amendment had all kinds of ads airing saying that if this amendment passed, unmarried people wouldn't be able to get protection from domestic violence or have their children insured simply because they weren't married.

Wow finally some good news, praise God

yeah! I darkened my circle completely for Amendment one!

Thank God! But to hear the msm tell it, 90% of the people are FOR gay marriage

"...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

Quote Originally Posted by HikerLady View Post
    Ain't that the truth! To hear it said by the MSM, the state was never going to allow this amendment to pass. So much so, that when I read the news, I couldn't believe it.

@Pixelpusher Thank you so much for voting.

You're exactly right, yet when the people are allowed to vote, it usually gets voted down. Even California has voted against gay marriage not just once, but a few times!

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by angelka71 View Post
    You're exactly right, yet when the people are allowed to vote, it usually gets voted down. Even California has voted against gay marriage not just once, but a few times!
    Not quite. I think the "pro-marriage" state count is now 30. We the people have overwhelmingly voted for pro-marriage in this country. Some state courts have ruled against the people - a simple act of judicial fiat and that's why California for example has voted a few times.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

So much for their Federal highway subsidies.

Obama will be addressing the NC public shortly, explaining why they are so dumb, bigoted, behind the times........
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

I was so relieved to see this pass. However, a majority of people on my Facebook are not. A lot of hate being expressed toward Christians for being "haters". So sad. They all seem to feel that you are not a true Christian if you do not support gay marriage. I believe a true Christian would argue that if you do support gay marriage, then you are not a true Christian. God says what He means, and means what He says, and well, He is pretty explicit on how He feels about homosexuality. I refuse to be bullied because I don't agree with liberal agendas. They can make this a civil rights issue if they want, but marriage is sanctioned by God and He doesn't sanction homosexuality. We are not telling people they can't be gay (although we are praying that they will repent and turn from their lusts). We are saying that they cannot be married under God. Tough times ahead folks. I think it is going to get harder to stand up for what is right.
    "Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

— Luke 9:23-24 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    So much for their Federal highway subsidies.

Obama will be addressing the NC public shortly, explaining why they are so dumb, bigoted, behind the times........
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if NC's roads and highways suddenly started needing far less repair and upkeep. He is able...
    Matt. 7:21
    2 Cor. 5:21

Quote Originally Posted by jjmundt View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if NC's roads and highways suddenly started needing far less repair and upkeep. He is able...
    Well, that can start with a miraculous widening of 485 here in Charlotte!
    "We have no defenses against space junk, people!" - Take me away!

*Ask me about my testimony!*

I live in Charlotte and there is alot of hate and naming calling going on right now. So sad.

Default What do you make of this?

I have a lifelong friend who has been to seminary and is an associate minister at a Methodist church in a rural, southern town. (I don't agree with her being a minister, as I feel females are not to be in that role, but she feels strongly that that is where her calling is.) This was her Facebook status today:

{Mod Snip}

When several others agreed with her, she posted this:

{Mod Snip}

I am so confused and want to respond with, "I'm confused. Are you saying Jesus would vote to approve and recognize marriage between two men or two women? That's not what my bible says." but, I don't want to start drama and don't want to cast pearls before all the swine on her page.

Anyway, can someone please help me understand this perspective? Am I wrong that her thoughts are unbiblical? Am I missing something? I am truly so confused at how many professing Christians are saying similar things on social media today. I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Steve53; May 9th, 2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Rule 14

Quote Originally Posted by 3forJesus View Post
    I have a lifelong friend who has been to seminary and is an associate minister at a Methodist church in a rural, southern town. (I don't agree with her being a minister, as I feel females are not to be in that role, but she feels strongly that that is where her calling is.) This was her Facebook status today:

{Mod Snip}

When several others agreed with her, she posted this:

{Mod Snip}

I am so confused and want to respond with, "I'm confused. Are you saying Jesus would vote to approve and recognize marriage between two men or two women? That's not what my bible says." but, I don't want to start drama and don't want to cast pearls before all the swine on her page.

Anyway, can someone please help me understand this perspective? Am I wrong that her thoughts are unbiblical? Am I missing something? I am truly so confused at how many professing Christians are saying similar things on social media today. I just don't get it.

IMHO First: I don't think she should be filling the Pulpit, and second she is NOT talking from the bible and God's word. Jesus would and does love the sinner but hates the sin. I would say call her out on this but since she went to seminary, In her mind she can't do no wrong and you would be wasting your words.
    Last edited by Steve53; May 9th, 2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Rule 14

Quote Originally Posted by 3forJesus View Post
    Seems like you understand it well enough. There's nothing more to it then that: she's wrong. On several fronts.

You can confront her with that and explain why be it that she's willing to hear you out.

You could explain how her position isn't a Biblical one.

You could come back to the point of how she's not supposed to be the head of a Christian church.

You could explain to folks on her Facebook page what it is the Bible says about homosexuality.

Of course doing any of the above, don't expect to be friends with your friend for much longer... or else have posting privileges to her Facebooks at any rate.