Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NC Passes Gay Marriage Ban Amendment

I agree with you both, Alex and Timothy. I just visited her page again to post a reply, but someone beat me to it, and here is my friend's response to her:

{Mod Snip}
    How very, very sad. This is a woman in a leadership role in a church (granted, she shouldn't be there) who attended seminary and is pushing this feel good, do what's right in your own eyes agenda.
    Last edited by Steve53; May 9th, 2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Please do not post quoted text from another website such as Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by 3forJesus View Post
    How very, very sad. This is a woman in a leadership role in a church (granted, she shouldn't be there) who attended seminary and is pushing this feel good, do what's right in your own eyes agenda.
    The former says plenty about the first, nevermind her rant. Guess seminary ain't what it used to be.
    That's not surprising at all.

I have a lifelong friend who has been to seminary and is an associate minister at a Methodist church in a rural, southern town. (I don't agree with her being a minister, as I feel females are not to be in that role, but she feels strongly that that is where her calling is.) This was her Facebook status today:

{Mod Snip}

When several others agreed with her, she posted this:

{Mod Snip}

I am so confused and want to respond with, "I'm confused. Are you saying Jesus would vote to approve and recognize marriage between two men or two women? That's not what my bible says." but, I don't want to start drama and don't want to cast pearls before all the swine on her page.

Anyway, can someone please help me understand this perspective? Am I wrong that her thoughts are unbiblical? Am I missing something? I am truly so confused at how many professing Christians are saying similar things on social media today. I just don't get it.

This is sad, but unfortunately it's the way of the ecumenical church these days. It's not hard to believe a female pastor in the Methodist church would feel this way. There are lots of lost sheep out there and we find many of them in our churches... It's all coming to and end....and hopefully sooner than later!!
    Last edited by Steve53; May 9th, 2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Rule 14

Quote Originally Posted by angelka71 View Post
    You're exactly right, yet when the people are allowed to vote, it usually gets voted down. Even California has voted against gay marriage not just once, but a few times!
    That surprises me that California voted against it.The gay couples are moving to states where they can marry.I know a few.

I agree with you both, Alex and Timothy. I just visited her page again to post a reply, but someone beat me to it, and here is my friend's response to her:

{Mod Snip}

You should reply to her reply. Tell her it doesn't matter wether or not she thinks it is a sin. It only matters what God says on the matter. I would say He is more than clear on the matter.
    Last edited by Steve53; May 9th, 2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Rule 14

Quote Originally Posted by adamrach View Post
    I live in Charlotte and there is alot of hate and naming calling going on right now. So sad.
    Same here in Asheville. It is sad.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Folks a rule reminder -

[14] No posts or links from other message boards, forums, or political and religious blogs (including tweets, facebook, myspace, Youtube, etc.) on this site or posting messages here on other message boards, forums, or political and religious blogs.
    The mod team alone reserves the right to post links to responsible blogs when important to the discussion of particular topics. Due to the dynamic and uncensored nature of blogs, the mod team does not have the time to monitor, validate, and approve all blogs on the net. Please note that this rule also applies to signatures.
    No blogs are to be posted unless they are posted or approved by the mod team. Personal blogs should be confined to your homepage.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Michelle Malkin on Hannity tonight mentioned that 32 states were against gay marriage. Obama has lost NC, Virginia for sure. Halelujah!

Default Persecution in NC

My niece goes to a High School near Charlotte and she put a great arguement on her Facebook page as to why she supported the Marriage Amendment. She stated that marriage is only for a man and a woman and that a family is much better with both parents instead of one. She was totally beat down (via Facebook) with over 60 comments from her 'friends'. It was really hard to read. I did post a comment telling her how proud I was of her bravery for standing up for what she believes in. It's plain that so many teens consider it 'uncool' to stand up for our faith. The persecution while nothing like Christians in other countries may face, has begun and this issue will be the dividing line.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaD View Post
    My niece goes to a High School near Charlotte and she put a great arguement on her Facebook page as to why she supported the Marriage Amendment. She stated that marriage is only for a man and a woman and that a family is much better with both parents instead of one. She was totally beat down (via Facebook) with over 60 comments from her 'friends'. It was really hard to read. I did post a comment telling her how proud I was of her bravery for standing up for what she believes in. It's plain that so many teens consider it 'uncool' to stand up for our faith. The persecution while nothing like Christians in other countries may face, has begun and this issue will be the dividing line.
    I know first hand what you mean. I posted several replies on Facebook to peoples' opinions about us and about gay marriage. It gets tiresome. I feel like I am in a war, and I lost the battle because they were not even listening or responding logically. And these Facebook responders included my husband and my husband's relatives. Luckily, my daughter was supporting me in my efforts.

I finally said I would pray for them to see the Truth. And my daughter finally told them we would have to agree to disagree.

It's actually a waste of time in many instances to even present logic (leaving out God's principles on purpose because they mock Him and condemn themselves in their postings). I usually get mad at myself for even tyring to speak reason. They are blinded and full of hate. I can tell you firsthand we are at war with the enemy. But, praise God, I know Who wins!
    Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by futurehope View Post
    I know first hand what you mean. I posted several replies on Facebook to peoples' opinions about us and about gay marriage. It gets tiresome. I feel like I am in a war, and I lost the battle because they were not even listening or responding logically. And these Facebook responders included my husband and my husband's relatives. Luckily, my daughter was supporting me in my efforts.

I finally said I would pray for them to see the Truth. And my daughter finally told them we would have to agree to disagree.

It's actually a waste of time in many instances to even present logic (leaving out God's principles on purpose because they mock Him and condemn themselves in their postings). I usually get mad at myself for even tyring to speak reason. They are blinded and full of hate. I can tell you firsthand we are at war with the enemy. But, praise God, I know Who wins!

You have it exactly right... One day when the Christians are gone and all that is left is chaos... there will be tears falling everywhere and panic beyond belief, because they chose not to listen, and could not understand that their allegiance belongs to the God who created their very life...
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Folks, IMHO, you are wasting your time,effort and sanity to argue with the liberal mindset that is determined to tell God what He REALLY said in His word cause they know better than Him since the Word is so OLD!!
    This pitiful know-it-all crowd simply cannot accept that anyone (even God) is more intelligent and "with it" than they are.
    Methinks that to continue to try to discuss topics such as this after a couple of tries is literally "casting pearls before swine"