Thread: Dutch Oven

Default Dutch Oven

Hi everyone. I bought a dutch oven from Sam's Club auctions and I have never had one before. Does anyone know any good recipes that I can cook in my oven? Thanks!

P.S. I was thinking of main entree meals like roast, chicken, and soup.

Pot Roast.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Cabela's has some great cookbooks. There is a national competition for dutch oven cooking.

In Boy Scouts it is an essential piece of equipment from use as a deep fryer to baking pies and cakes.

Regular fare includes soups, roasts, stews, and one of my favorites: a cornbread cheddar bake - (Campbels cheddar soup) mix with sausages mixed in.

I use a nonstick foil to line the oven - makes cleanup so easy. You'll want a lid hook and get a horseshoe to use as a trivet when baking pies.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”