Thread: Bibi Holds Out Olive Branch to Palis

Default Bibi Holds Out Olive Branch to Palis

Saw this on Breitbart at work today, but waited until I got home to post in case someone else saw it too. Problem is, my laptop is wigging out and has decided I don't need to see Breitbart right now. Could someone please provide the link from the Big Peace section of the website? The article had something to do with Bibi's unity government offering an olive branch of peace talks to the Palestinians. Kinda made me sit up and take notice.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    Saw this on Breitbart at work today, but waited until I got home to post in case someone else saw it too. Problem is, my laptop is wigging out and has decided I don't need to see Breitbart right now. Could someone please provide the link from the Big Peace section of the website? The article had something to do with Bibi's unity government offering an olive branch of peace talks to the Palestinians. Kinda made me sit up and take notice.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...o-Palestinians

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu invited Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to resume direct peace negotiations, as Netanyahu forged a new national unity government between his Likud Party and the Kadima party, led by former Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Shaul Mofaz.

"I hope that President Abbas will use this opportunity to resume the peace talks," Netanyahu said as he announced the unity government, according to the Jerusalem Post:
    “The Quartet suggested a few months ago a straightforward procedure: the resumption of direct negotiations without preconditions. That has always been our position and that is our position now,” Netanyahu said. “I do not know how you advance negotiations, let alone conclude them without engaging in them. We are prepared to engage in them at any time.”
    “The process is not stuck because of us, that is the truth,” he added. “It is stuck because until the Palestinians have not decided to sit and negotiate with us.”
    As Israel's former leading opposition party, Kadima took a more dovish line on the Palestinian issue than Netanyahu's Likud, leading to speculation that the new national unity government might be as aggressive in pursuing negotiations with the Palestinians as it will be in confronting the threat of a nuclear Iran.
    As for Abbas, he has seemed more optimistic about negotiations in recent days, but has not made any explicit commitments to return to the table.
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Thanks, InChrist!
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    Thanks, InChrist!
    Your so very welcome s
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

There's a progressive liberal party in the Israeli government that is placing pressure on Bibi to be more tolerant of the rejected arabs in so-called 'Palestine'. I can't remember the name of that party offhand. Yes, Israel has communists within as well. So disconcerting. Isaiah 66:10.