Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 89

Thread: The Days of Noah & Lot are upon us!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Maine
    Posts
    76

    Default The Days of Noah & Lot are upon us!

    Lu 17:24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

    26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

    What was it like in the days of Noe?

    Ge 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

    Today the earth is filled with violence again. Islam has spread violence to every corner of the earth. Their Allah is a god of hate and death wheras our Father and our Lord Jesus gives life and love.

    27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

    28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

    What was it like in the days of Lot?

    Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh (homosexuality), are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

    Homosexuality was not only tolorated, but as it is today, encouraged.

    29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
    30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

    At no other time in history has violence and homosexuality been so rampant throughout the earth and occurring at the same time.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmpeterson View Post
    Lu 17:24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

    26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

    What was it like in the days of Noe?

    Ge 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

    Today the earth is filled with violence again. Islam has spread violence to every corner of the earth. Their Allah is a god of hate and death wheras our Father and our Lord Jesus gives life and love.

    27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

    28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

    What was it like in the days of Lot?

    Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh (homosexuality), are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

    Homosexuality was not only tolorated, but as it is today, encouraged.

    29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
    30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

    At no other time in history has violence and homosexuality been so rampant throughout the earth and occurring at the same time.
    Oh have they ever, and I thought v29 was interesting. There is a day when God will remove His righteous from Sodom and sudden destruction comes on those who remain. Praise the Lord for that--that we who do not deserve His mercy have been given it and that evil will be allowed to run it's course but that the Lord limits it and brings it to an end with His purposes in mind.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    4,770

    Default

    The part often overlooked is that Noah spent
    120 years warning others, just like is being done now.
    http://rr-bb.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2301&dateline=1357777  734
    I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    Psalm 16:8 KJV

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Here. Sometimes there.
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logosone View Post
    The part often overlooked is that Noah spent
    120 years warning others, just like is being done now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    largo, FL
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    ....wow.... I didn't think about the warning part...


    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Noah knew for a 120 years before it happened. We've known for nearly 2,000 and spread the news of Jesus' love and mercy and his soon return all across the earth ever since.
    John 15:13
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

    1 John 4:16
    "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    410

    Default

    It always amazes me, perplexes really, that no one heeded his warning. No one else joined Noah (immediate family excluded of course).

    But I guess when it says the whole world was corupted... thats what it meant.
    I accept nothing from man as truth...
    only that, One is the truth. (John 14-6)

    Pre-Flood/Pre-Trib (Genesis 5-24)

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate928 View Post
    Noah knew for a 120 years before it happened. We've known for nearly 2,000 and spread the news of Jesus' love and mercy and his soon return all across the earth ever since.
    Very true. God graciously gave the warning through Noah. People disregarded God's Word (via Noah).

    And even during the future prophesied tribulation period (when the VERY LOUDEST of warnings will be sounded), as we know from the Scriptures, people will STILL disregard His Word (regarding the [final] judgment which will take place at His Second Coming), and reject Him and His gracious offer of salvation... His eternal LIFE. How tragic.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    410

    Default

    and thats with...

    144,000 preaching,
    2 witnesses preaching,
    countless converts preaching,

    and...

    actual, visiable, audible, Angels preaching...
    I accept nothing from man as truth...
    only that, One is the truth. (John 14-6)

    Pre-Flood/Pre-Trib (Genesis 5-24)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    649

    Default

    29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
    30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

    The SAME DAY that Lot went out, they were all destroyed. It makes me think of the day that His Church goes out of this sinful place. What does the Lord have planned for that day.

    I was thinking of the homosexual movement in this country. When I was 15, in 1971, I had no idea what homosexuality was. I understood the CONCEPT when I saw the movie Cabaret shortly after that. (Gee, thanks Hollywood) Then there was the lead singer in Queen, and Truman Capote when his In Cold Blood came out, then later Ellen Degeneres, etc. The magnitude of the changes since then, it's almost hard to believe how quickly it spread even after HIV and all. If you told me this in 1971, the extent of it all, I would not believe you.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pistos View Post
    and thats with...

    144,000 preaching,
    2 witnesses preaching,
    countless converts preaching,

    and...

    actual, visiable, audible, Angels preaching...
    Agreed.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rockdale, Texas
    Posts
    916

    Default I believe that Obama has signed sealed and delivered our destruction

    I can't hardly believe that Obama would be so bold as to claim to be a Christian, and then stand up and proudly boast that what he has done and says about the Gay lifestyle has evolved in his life.
    To me is is just more proof that he does not truely know JESUS CHRIST AS HIS LORD AND SAVIOR. I pray that he does, but more and more I don't believe that he is a true Christian. If he is, he picks and choses what he wants to believe, and the rest he rejects as false teaching. Only trouble is, if part of the HOLY BIBLE is wrong, then it all has to be wrong. GOD was very explict in his commands as to what was to be done to people caught in Israel living the Gay life style. They were to be stoned without any debate about it. It was GOD's law, and it will apply even if we don't like it. GOD had the HOLY BIBLE WRITTEN, and it is exactly how HE wanted it. It is very plain and easy to understand in this matter. Sodom and Gomara tell you that GOD ment what HE said, but they are a little late.

    Even Obama's muslem friends from what I understand will not allow the gay life style. I may be wrong but believe this is true.

    I don't like to have to say this, but I believe that it is too late for America to reclaim this nation. I don't have a clue as to how Obama will do it, but I do believe that if he clearly can see that he is not going to be elected in November, that some event, or so call event will be used to either not have our election, or to declaire marshal law and let Obama stay on as president. I hope and pray that this is not the case, but reading some of the Ececutive orders that he has signed, it looks like he has everything set up and ready, just in case he sees that he is going to loose. I believe that he has ever intention of staying in office, no matter what he has to do to stay there. If that means being a dictor, he will be ready and willing to be one.

    William Beason

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In the heart of the Father
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pistos View Post
    It always amazes me, perplexes really, that no one heeded his warning. No one else joined Noah (immediate family excluded of course).

    But I guess when it says the whole world was corupted... thats what it meant.

    As much as I am saddened to say this, I am actually not surprised at all that no one else joined Noah in spite of his warnings. They laughed, scoffed, and wrote him off as some kind of radical or lunatic for saying the flood was coming. It's really no different that what many of us here face when we try to tell people about Jesus, the soon coming tribulation, and the rapture. We experience scoffers, laughter, and others acting as though there is something wrong with us for looking forward to leaving this world behind. Some just avoid us, even our own family members, and some will engage in arguing, (those who have not seen the inside of God's house in years, and whose bibles are sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust). Some who attend church even will argue, many of whom attend a church that has never discussed end time prophecy.


    We are definitely living as in the days of Noah, and living in a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. People are getting worse by the day. I am ready to go home. I am sick of this world and I cannot wait to leave it all behind.
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

    "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

    I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Praying View Post
    As much as I am saddened to say this, I am actually not surprised at all that no one else joined Noah in spite of his warnings. They laughed, scoffed, and wrote him off as some kind of radical or lunatic for saying the flood was coming. It's really no different that what many of us here face when we try to tell people about Jesus, the soon coming tribulation, and the rapture. We experience scoffers, laughter, and others acting as though there is something wrong with us for looking forward to leaving this world behind. Some just avoid us, even our own family members, and some will engage in arguing, (those who have not seen the inside of God's house in years, and whose bibles are sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust). Some who attend church even will argue, many of whom attend a church that has never discussed end time prophecy.


    We are definitely living as in the days of Noah, and living in a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. People are getting worse by the day. I am ready to go home. I am sick of this world and I cannot wait to leave it all behind.

    Amen and
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,459

    Default

    I often feel like all of us feel like Noah on occasion; alone, mocked, etc.
    But we have each other first in Spirit and then, by this odd thing called the internet.
    In many ways, this is such a gift from the Father. We encourage one another, we love one
    another, we teach one another. My heart goes out to Noah.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

    4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
    Very true. God graciously gave the warning through Noah. People disregarded God's Word (via Noah).

    And even during the future prophesied tribulation period (when the VERY LOUDEST of warnings will be sounded), as we know from the Scriptures, people will STILL disregard His Word (regarding the [final] judgment which will take place at His Second Coming), and reject Him and His gracious offer of salvation... His eternal LIFE. How tragic.
    Yes,their hearts are hardened.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    As north as possible
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    I'm going to be honest. I feel like Lot who got lost in the world and fell away from His love for a time BUT He is faithful and just. Even though I don't deserve Him--He will lead me out of this hell. Thank you Jesus. Whosoever calls upon His name will be saved--there's still hope for the lost. We are strangers in a strange, sick, depraved world.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default Noah's warning?

    Where does it say Noah warned people? I see he obeyed GOD and was righteous in his generations but the warning people i missed.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by augiek View Post
    Noah's warning?

    Where does it say Noah warned people? I see he obeyed GOD and was righteous in his generations but the warning people i missed.
    "And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly." 2 Peter 2:5

    I discovered this excellent sermon recently on another message board. Part of it is about the preaching of Noah and other godly men of the time. I hope you find it helpful.
    Last edited by Steve53; May 25th, 2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Rule 14

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by augiek View Post
    Where does it say Noah warned people? I see he obeyed GOD and was righteous in his generations but the warning people i missed.
    Well, he was a preacher and warn is what preacher's do and also it says Noah was mocked. If not mocked for believing God (and sharing/warning others), what was he mocked for, merely building a big boat?
    Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ~ Matthew 6:19-21 ~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •