Thread: Iran attack decision nears, Israeli elite locks down

Default Plans to strike Iran "ready", says U.S. Israel envoy

Plans to strike Iran "ready", says U.S. Israel envoy
    JERUSALEM | Thu May 17, 2012 3:00am EDT
    (Reuters)

U.S. plans for a possible military strike on Iran are ready and the option is "fully available", the U.S. ambassador to Israel said, days before Tehran resumes talks with world powers which suspect it of seeking to develop nuclear arms.

Like Israel, the United States has said it considers military force a last resort to prevent Iran using its uranium enrichment to make a bomb. Iran insists its nuclear program is for purely civilian purposes.

"It would be preferable to resolve this diplomatically and through the use of pressure than to use military force," Ambassador Dan Shapiro said in remarks about Iran aired by Israel's Army Radio on Thursday.

"But that doesn't mean that option is not fully available - not just available, but it's ready. The necessary planning has been done to ensure that it's ready," said Shapiro, who the radio station said had spoken on Tuesday.
    Israel, which is widely assumed to have the Middle East's only atomic arsenal, feels threatened by the prospect of its arch-foe Iran going nuclear and has hinted it could launch preemptive war.

But many analysts believe the United States alone has the military clout to do lasting damage to Iran's nuclear program.

In January, Shapiro told an Israeli newspaper the United States was "guaranteeing that the military option is ready and available to the president at the moment he decides to use it".
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...84G0AS20120517

Default Iran attack decision nears, Israeli elite locks down

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...84G0UC20120517

Time for that decision is fast running out and the mood in Jerusalem is hardening.

"I think they have made a decision to attack," said one senior Israeli figure with close ties to the leadership. "It is going to happen. The window of opportunity is before the U.S. presidential election in November. This way they will bounce the Americans into supporting them."

What a hard decisian to have to make... I wonder when?? I thought they would have by now.... c

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Could this be more mis-information? The threats of "attack" have been imminent for sometime now (years).
    I would have thought the window of opportunity ended some time ago.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I agree with the article it will be before the elections because President Obama will have no reason to be helpful after the election, also the fall and winter is the rainy season with a lot of cloud cover which makes it harder to assess bombing. The end of the months there is no moon so it is dark but ISRAEL is capable to go whenever they want.

I also read that the hotter the weather the longer the range Israel's jets have.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    I also read that the hotter the weather the longer the range Israel's jets have.
    Why is that?

-Lynn

Polls show Romney up. Even my son's fellow students at university don't like Obama anymore (caveat: most of the people he knows are physics or math majors).

If Romney wins, wouldn't it be better for Israel to wait until he's President, since he's a strong supporter of Israel?

I have an Amero-centric concern: if Israel attacks during our election season, then it could boost Obama at the polls, and I really don't want that. On the other hand, Obama might fizzle in his support and that would be one more reason to vote him out.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    I have never heard that but it seems backwards to me. Colder air would be thicker and more dense therefore providing lift easier.

Bibi is a true hero to the Israeli people. Too bad America doesn't have a LEADER like him.

{Mod Snip} Thread redirect - http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1761...tion-this-fall [Mod Snip}

Back to Israel: again, nothing's going to happen outside of God's will.

I believe the attack will happen soon, and I also, personally, believe that Iran has human targets. Probably small children, hospitals, and seniors. They will show suffering, maimed, children, screaming for their dead mommies, on TV, to win "public support". As a result, the world will turn against Israel.

Hypocrites. NO one wants a nuclear Iran.
    Last edited by Steve53; May 18th, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Created new thread because this one got derailed.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerdesign View Post
    I have never heard that but it seems backwards to me. Colder air would be thicker and more dense therefore providing lift easier.
    The thinner the air, the less drag on the plane (less air resistance means the jet can travel farther on the same amount of fuel).

Time is running out with Iran to have nuclear weapons to use on Israel/US. Bibi knows that it is inevitable that he has to stop them. I that we are gone very soon, and will not be here in November. Come Quickly, Lord Jesus!
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Quote Originally Posted by tbrian40 View Post
    Bibi is a true hero to the Israeli people. Too bad America doesn't have a LEADER like him.
    I'm with ya on this one...

Although I think the October Surprise stuff that's circulating
    is badly rehashed from Bush/Cheney days, yep same exact
    thing was said about them, IMO it's quite possible we will
    indeed directly engage Iran.

The exact purpose, not so sure about but you would have
    to suspend all belief to deny political advantages are usually
    carefully weighed when an action like this is considered.
    http://rr-bb.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2301&dateline=1357777  734
    I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    Psalm 16:8 KJV

Several points to consider here.

1 The military has "plans" for most any contingency - war w/China, war w/Argentina, war w/Ireland ------. This is simply being prepared as well as possible for any unknown future event - however improbable.

2 So, "HAVING PLANS FOR---", means squat in this context; doesn't mean there are plans to implement!!!

3 Making this kind of statement this close to an election 'pears to be nothing more than grasping at a straw to salvage a completely botched presidency.

4 This may be the "ZERO'S" attempt to stall any Israeli action for the time being.

5 Something the public is totally unaware of at this time.

IOW, don't trust this yo-yo any further than you can throw an elephant by his tail!!!!!

I think there's gonna be a strike.

Who, how, what
    http://rr-bb.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2301&dateline=1357777  734
    I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    Psalm 16:8 KJV

praying for Israel