Thread: Vegan Recipes and Lots of Neat Desserts, Too

Default Vegan Recipes and Lots of Neat Desserts, Too

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com This food blog is written by a very talented young woman. She can come up with more great ideas for oatmeal than I would have thought of in a lifetime. One of our favorites is the cinnamon roll baked oatmeal. Other recipes we have liked are Chocoholic Cupcakes and Deep Dish Cookie Pie. Katie obviously 'loves' chocolate, and all of her recipes are very nutritious. Since we are not vegan at our house, I make the necessary substitutions and have just loved every one of her recipes that we've tried so far. Another link: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/cho...vered-recipes/

I'm a member of Weight Watchers and found out about this food blog on the WW forum where I visit each day. Katie generally has a hyperlink available for the nutrition information for each recipe as well. This makes it easier for those of us who are on special eating plans.

-Lynn

YUM! I added the site to my recipe folder.
    One Day He's Coming! Oh Glorious Day!

I love her site! Her chocolate bars are very good.

NR

NarrowRoad, were you already a fan of Katie's recipes? I had never heard of the blog until I saw it a couple weeks ago on Weight Watchers forum, as I mentioned in OP.
    My dh and I enjoy the banana 'ice cream' so much, and I plan to change it up a bit to create a little different flavor now and then. She even has one recipe on her site called, Spinach Ice Cream.
    How does she come up with these things? So far, everything I've tried making from her site has turned out well, and we have really liked them all.
    I wish she would publish a cookbook.

-Lynn

shared this with a vegan friend, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    NarrowRoad, were you already a fan of Katie's recipes? I had never heard of the blog until I saw it a couple weeks ago on Weight Watchers forum, as I mentioned in OP.
    My dh and I enjoy the banana 'ice cream' so much, and I plan to change it up a bit to create a little different flavor now and then. She even has one recipe on her site called, Spinach Ice Cream.
    How does she come up with these things? So far, everything I've tried making from her site has turned out well, and we have really liked them all.
    I wish she would publish a cookbook.
    Yep. I cook gluten-free low carb. My house is a rainbow of auto-immune dis-functionality. I found her, oh, 6-7 months ago through a random search for recipes. Our diet can get boring very quickly, so I try to throw a few new treats at the fam each week. Her chocolate bars really are good. And...melted, they make fabulous ganache for my sugar-free low carb chocolate cake and brownies. Yum. <----I know, it doesn't sound like either could possibly be good, but they are. Even my husbands non low-carbing non sugar-free eating coworkers like them!

She does need a cookbook. An e-book, or something?

NR

NarrowRoad, which chocolate bars are you saying are good? She has quite a few 'chocolate' granola type bars, such as Lara Bars, Fudge Babies, etc., and after I did a search on her site, I couldn't come up with something that I thought you might be talking about.
    Thanks in advance.

-Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    shared this with a vegan friend, thanks!
    You have friends from Vega?!? :alien
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Thank you, love this website, I love chocolate too!

Yay!

Thank you, Lynn--We sure could use some HEALTHY desserts around here--thank you so much--this sounds wonderful! We'll eat chocolate while waiting for the rapture--after all we are the bride--right? ha! Have a great day and God bless you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    You have friends from Vega?!? :alien

i have friends from all over the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    NarrowRoad, which chocolate bars are you saying are good? She has quite a few 'chocolate' granola type bars, such as Lara Bars, Fudge Babies, etc., and after I did a search on her site, I couldn't come up with something that I thought you might be talking about.
    Thanks in advance.
    you're very welcome! Here you go:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/201...colate-bars-1/

Her 3 Ingredient Chocolate Bars...coconut oil + cocoa + sweetener. Very good. Try adding some toasted almonds to them. Wow.
    Maybe my taste buds were so desperate for sweets, I just think they're good.

NR

Oooo, more recipes! I love it :-) Thank you!