Thread: Iran Declares 'Impasse' in Nuclear Talks

Default Iran Declares 'Impasse' in Nuclear Talks

Iran Declares 'Impasse' in Nuclear Talks

An Iranian says 'the basis for another round of negotiations does not exist yet' after Tehran rejected demands from the world powers.

By Gabe Kahn 5/24/2012, 3:40 PM http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...5#.T75iLevOXSg

Baghdad Nuclear Talks -Reuters

Iran on Thursday rejected the proposal from the P5+1 in talks over its controversial nuclear program.

Tehran and the P5+1 – the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany – were in the second day of talks in Baghdad seeking to resolve international concerns over Iran's nuclear program.

The P5+1 plan reportedly called on Iran to halt enrichment past 3.5%, ship its stores of 20% enriched uranium out of the country, and shut down its heavily fortified Fordow enrichment facility.

They had also called on Iran to live up to its obligations under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and allow IAEA inspectors unrestricted access to its nuclear sites.

In exchange, the group offered benefits including medical isotopes, some nuclear safety cooperation, and spare parts for civilian airliners – much needed by Iran.

Iran criticized the proposal from the six-nation group, saying it makes too many demands of Iran while offering too little in return. Namely, Iran has said the only way forward in talks is the easing of sanctions on its vital oil industry.

Western powers rebuffed Tehran's call for an immediate easing of economic sanctions, saying they will not give up their key lever in negotiations with the Islamic Republic.

In turn, Iran accused world powers Thursday of creating a “difficult atmosphere” with its demands.

Talks were scheduled to continue into late afternoon, but AFP quoted an Iranian official as saying “the basis for another round of negotiations does not exist yet.”

Several hours later Iranian officials confirmed talks would resume in three weeks time in Switzerland.

Of key international concern is Iran's secretive uranium enrichment program, especially its enrichment of uranium to 20 percent purity – a key jumping off point for enrichment to 90% weapons grade material.

Iran says its enrichment work is meant for medical research and generating electricity.

...MORE
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Same old empty rhetoric, same old stalling technique. This has been
    going on literally for years now. Does the international body of those
    in power really expect anything positive? What is the definition of
    insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
    different results? Waste of time, waste of money, waste of breath.
    Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

Tsk tsk Obvious!!

Iran is getting what it wants ~ ~ time. They are hoping they have
    enough to spring a big surprise on these "negotiators"... Their ultimate
    goal has not changed since 1979 -- they want Israel obliterated and the
    U.S. so "wounded" that we can't function.

They're not taking into account the main obstacle to their plans ~ ~ GOD!!

I didn't think I'd live to be a side-line spectator of these times, but here I am.

Major events are on the horizon, fasten your seat belts and keep your eyes upward.

Maranatha,
    Dan
    1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed!

It is now time for Israel to weigh in on Iran's rejection of this proposal. No further warning required. Let the nations of the world practice their song and dance routine trying to get Israel to STOP the bombing. Oops, that would be Dan. 9:27, wouldn't it? .

NEW EVIDENCE SHOWS IRAN ENRICHING URANIUM TO 27% PURITY, UP FROM 20%:
    Nuclear talks in Baghdad go nowhere; next round in Moscow

Posted: May 25, 2012 Joel C. Rosenberg's Blog http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.co...und-in-moscow/

“The U.N. atomic agency has found evidence at an underground bunker in Iran that could mean the country has moved closer to producing the uranium threshold needed to arm nuclear missiles, diplomats said Friday,” according to the Associated Press. “The International Atomic Energy Agency has found traces of uranium enriched up to 27 percent at Iran’s Fordo enrichment plant, the diplomats told The Associated Press. That is still substantially below the 90-percent level needed to make the fissile core of nuclear arms. But it is above Iran’s highest-known enrichment grade, which is close to 20 percent, and which already can be turned into weapons-grade material much more quickly than the Islamic Republic’s main stockpile, which can only be used for fuel at around 3.5 percent.”

.....MORE
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    NEW EVIDENCE SHOWS IRAN ENRICHING URANIUM TO 27% PURITY, UP FROM 20%:
    Nuclear talks in Baghdad go nowhere; next round in Moscow

Posted: May 25, 2012 Joel C. Rosenberg's Blog http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.co...und-in-moscow/

“The U.N. atomic agency has found evidence at an underground bunker in Iran that could mean the country has moved closer to producing the uranium threshold needed to arm nuclear missiles, diplomats said Friday,” according to the Associated Press. “The International Atomic Energy Agency has found traces of uranium enriched up to 27 percent at Iran’s Fordo enrichment plant, the diplomats told The Associated Press. That is still substantially below the 90-percent level needed to make the fissile core of nuclear arms. But it is above Iran’s highest-known enrichment grade, which is close to 20 percent, and which already can be turned into weapons-grade material much more quickly than the Islamic Republic’s main stockpile, which can only be used for fuel at around 3.5 percent.”

.....MORE

I am ready to vacate this world in a bad way. Maybe I concentrate on it too much. But I am ready for the rapture and to spend eternity with the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by sahopper View Post
    I am ready to vacate this world in a bad way. Maybe I concentrate on it too much. But I am ready for the rapture and to spend eternity with the Lord.
    Me too, sahopper!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

I have a feeling that Bibi has a date written down and upon that date the world will completely turn against Israel.