Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another example of the media desensitising our children to homosexuality...

Quote Originally Posted by IMSAVED View Post
    So now are they going to say that Superman is gay?
    Nah, he's too busy preparing kids for the coming One World Government

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ip-00th-issue/

Quote Originally Posted by shellie08 View Post
    I'm so sick of what the media and society are doing to our children. They are inudated with sexual matters as soon as they start school.

Now NY has passed a law stating it is ok to view child pronography as long as you do not store it in your computer. This makes me sick. We are losing our minds.

Of course they are keeping everyone healthy in NY. You can't have that large coke or soft drink you use to drink. Now I feel better.
    You know, I don't know how they can get around that since their temporary internet files folder, which pretty much all Windows-based operating systems have, or a form of it, keeps a copy of images and files they've picked up while browsing around the net. They'd have to clean that off continuously or set a setting to not keep files in the the hard drive in any folder.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
    Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
    Romans 8:31

Quote Originally Posted by UberMaben View Post
    My five year old has a tshirt i think from Old Navy that has some of the DC characters on it, including the now gay Green Lantern. I hope Jesus comes for us before i have to answer questions like Why is the Lantern gay, or why doesnt Superman like America?
    You don't have to let your kids read the new, corrupted comics. Aside from the gay issue, there are other problems with some of the recent comics.

What we do is buy or get from the library collections of the old comics in book form. My kids (now all teens) love these, and they've never asked for the latest issues. I think my oldest had read a couple of the current issues and told his siblings to stick with the old collections: better written, better storylines, better heroes.

What a shame. I do enjoy DC comics and it ticks me off a little that they need to bow down the the PC crowd and make a beloved superhero homosexual. I will not be reading that title.

Quote Originally Posted by vbf View Post
    Do you all remember the TV show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"? Talk about slick packaging and mass marketing of homosexuality!! This was the first, or one of the first, mass-appeal TV shows featuring homosexuals thereby continuing the normalization of the lifestyle in our culture. Most TV shows now explicitly or implicitly feature homosexuality. My daughter is graduating high school this year and I'm astounded by the number of boys that are gay. I've had several conversations with teens over the last few years reassuring them that they weren't gay despite a teacher or counselor telling them they were.
    I remember when this show came out. Its like the Parable of the Boiled Frog... Introducing such things slowly into society to where we are now. People, EVEN some Christians think there is no harm in watching this type of programming, laughing and joking, now with shows like Modern Family which also displays a homosexual family. The show is doing well because there are viewers. Making this type of show popular only opens others to follow. ie, JCPenney's Mother's Day and Father's day catalog covers displaying gay couples and their children. True Christians should take a serious stand in not participating in watching, buying or contributing to things that go against God. Otherwise, we shouldn't be surprised on where we are today.

Default Green Lantern Movie Mocks Crucifixion

I was shocked and offended by one particular scene in the "Green Lantern" movie. When Hal Jordan, played by Ryan Reynolds, was whisked away from Earth to be "trained" and initiated into some galactic police force (something like that), he was placed on a cross-shaped table in a classic crucifixion posture. He was wearing only a loin cloth and during the "procedure" he was injured by some sort of energy that caused him to scream in pain as first, his hands and then his feet and then the right side of his abdomen glowed red for a few seconds. Then he was wrapped up in his green uniform and given great powers.

I was quite offended and saddened by this blatant blasphemy. I didn't know at the time that the G.L. character was supposed to be homosexual too. There were also a lot of occult symbols prominently featured in some scenes. I guess a lot of atheists are threatened by the reality of Jesus and take Him very seriously - in a backwards kind of way.

Cross

Quote Originally Posted by waiting1 View Post
    I wonder if they will do that on TV as well. It would come as no surprise. But it won't set well with God because they are exposing little children to this abomination. I really cannot concieve how they have no fear of God??? When the AC comes along with his parlor tricks and endorses them they will think they are unbeatable at that time and will go after any who oppose them with furious rage. They will likely mainly be the ones who make up the army at Ameggeddon. And for all they're suredness they will be surprised when their whole army melts from God merely speaking a Word at them!
    Children watch the same on primetime... two women kissing on Grey's Anatomy... prime time ABC has several shows with gay themes... Dancing With the Stars where women have few clothes on, dancers do the bump and grind in their dance routine...... Do you think the little ones and especially the impressionable ones aren't watching with parents? No, fear of God is almost all gone. grandma
    Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world.