Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: not a prophet's slippery slope

Quote Originally Posted by Florian9 View Post
    Please! Did you really just sign up to stir the pot?
    yes

see post #2
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    not a prophet - You were directed to answer the questions asked of you here but you posted a poem instead and then logged off.

One more chance to answer the questions - you are on ever thinner ice here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    I haz artillery if necessary.
    You're trying to teach us what it says, why should we believe your interpretation?
    Seems to me you have an issue with not separating out verses for Israel and the ones for the Church. You seem to be presenting problems that we do not have on this board, as we do recognize Israel and the Church are different.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
    Not if one is familiar with the typically obstinate behavior and beliefs of a JW.

Scripture twisting is their #1 specialty.

#2 - when facing a question they won't or can't answer, they change the topic
    and pose more questions in return (refer to post #78).

#3 - JWs believe their 'religion' is actually a prophet of God, hence NAP's name, his
    introductory post and his need to "re-educate" people about a cult's version of biblical truth.

IMHO what stands out is not what NAP says, but rather, what he does not say
    in his provocative topics and the majority of his replies.
    Thank you for that explanation, AG!

nap -

We invite you to remain and read but your posting privileges are hereby suspended.
    We will not allow false doctrine or the sowing of confusion on this board.
    We're done here.
    Your slippery semantics paint an ugly picture and you err grievously.

Jesus wrote the whole Bible.

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?9-Do...iefs-Statement
    On behalf of those of us who've been following & posting in this one of nap's threads I would like to say a great big "Thank You" and "God Bless you!" to our mods for giving the OP a chance to redeem themselves, and then administering fair discipline when that was not forthcoming. Your job is often thankless & unappreciated.

Default I don't know what to say

Quote Originally Posted by not a prophet View Post
    I believe what scripture says. Not what someone teaches that it says.

- 'All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God'
    - But, not (ALL) scripture is given by The Commands 0f God.

God can breath without Commanding anything.

God breathed into Adam but it didn't make him infallible nor inerrant.

In the back of The New King James Bible is a "How To Study Guide"
    under "Principles 0f Bible Interpretation 111".

Number 1. "ALWAYS Remember That THE Bible Is God's Infallible Inerrantly Inspired Word."

This is the false doctrine we've been taught which is not scripture.
    It's an interpretation on a 'How To Study Guide". From Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Whoever has taught you this--dump them. I am praying for you, not a prophet. You don't think that RR members here haven't had a serious moment with God? We have. You need one as well. Humble yourself before the Lord your God and ask him through bitter tears to show you the Way. He is faithful and Just. He will help you...I actually blame those that taught you false doctrine and encouraged you to proceed with it. Jesus loves you...seek Him now and He will show you the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by mary rae View Post
    Thank you for that explanation, AG!

On behalf of those of us who've been following & posting in this one of nap's threads I would like to say a great big "Thank You" and "God Bless you!" to our mods for giving the OP a chance to redeem themselves, and then administering fair discipline when that was not forthcoming. Your job is often thankless & unappreciated.

I am in total agreement. I haven't posted, but I have followed, shaking my head. NaP was given every chance to redeem himself, but kept digging himself a deeper hole. Thank you Mods, for once again maintaining the integrity of these forums.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Originally Posted by not a prophet

I believe what scripture says. Not what someone teaches that it says.
    So why do you blindly believe teachers who tell you the Jews are no longer God's chosen people and have lost any future destiny with Him? The Scriptures clearly say the opposite.

Our Lord has big plans for the physical land of Israel and His beloved people. If He is finished with the Jews {as your religious cult teaches} then He's finished with you as well.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Back to the olives. What is an olive lover's favorite Bible passage? The "Olivet Discourse"! Did you get all-of-it?
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    So why do you blindly believe teachers who tell you the Jews are no longer God's chosen people and have lost any future destiny with Him? The Scriptures clearly say the opposite.

Our Lord has big plans for the physical land of Israel and His beloved people. If He is finished with the Jews {as your religious cult teaches} then He's finished with you as well.
    good point.

If He isnt faithful to keep his covenant with Israel then all of His promises to us are meaningless as well. Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness.
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness.
    Amen to that!

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    ...i've never had a fresh date...
    Back on to a lighter note......fresh dates are awesome! Got to try them in Israel last year!

Quote Originally Posted by metroames View Post
    Back on to a lighter note......fresh dates are awesome! Got to try them in Israel last year!
    What a blessing! Aren't the fruits in Israel amazingly delicious?!

Did you go on a tour or to study or were you on your own? I love hearing people's Israel stories.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

What a blessing! Aren't the fruits in Israel amazingly delicious?!

Did you go on a tour or to study or were you on your own? I love hearing people's Israel stories.
    Yes, the fresh fruit was awesome! Never expected to see banana trees! I went on the Zola Levitt tour. You can look at the pics from the trip on the homepage on my profile. It is the 2nd to the last link.

Green olive on bagles with cream cheese. Try it thier awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by dmpeterson View Post
    When you said "Olive bar" I pictured a candy bar made of olives
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlutz View Post
    i just threw up a little bit in my mouth
    You should try chocolate with chili peppers. I have also made chili with chocolate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by metroames View Post
    Yes, the fresh fruit was awesome! Never expected to see banana trees! I went on the Zola Levitt tour. You can look at the pics from the trip on the homepage on my profile. It is the 2nd to the last link.
    Will do - a Levitt tour sounds wonderful!
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything