Thread: 3500 new reasons for people to abort babies

Default 3500 new reasons for people to abort babies

More at linky. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...ic-faults.html

Unborn babies could be tested for 3,500 genetic faults
    Scientists could soon be able to routinely screen unborn babies for thousands of genetic conditions, raising concerns the breakthrough could lead to more abortions.

A team has been able to predict the whole genetic code of a foetus by taking a blood sample from a woman who was 18 weeks pregnant, and a swab of saliva from the father.
    They believe that, in time, the test will become widely available, enabling doctors to screen unborn babies for some 3,500 genetic disorders.
    At the moment the only genetic disorder routinely tested for on the NHS is Down’s syndrome.

This is a large-scale genetic defect caused by having an extra copy of a bundle of DNA, called a chromosome.
    Other such faults are sometimes tested for, but usually only when there is a risk of inheriting them from a parent.

By contrast, the scientists say their new test would identify far more conditions, caused by genetic errors.
    However, they warned it raised “many ethical questions” because the results could be used as a basis for abortion.
    These concerns were last night amplified by pro-life campaigners, who said widespread use of such a test would “inevitably lead to more abortions”.
    Scientists march on in their quest for "knowledge", but really its a twisted tale of 'playing God' while denying playing.

They immediately see the issue with their first concern, but march on anyway. Truly, they don't know what they are doing. Science is neat, but often is also immoral and deadly. Somehow, I knew the Americans wouldn't be satisfied with mere sex selection in abortion. Take it to the next level and they'll see if they want to carry the baby to term....or not, its all good to them.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

This could go South quickly. When I see news of this nature it reminds me again of how close we are to the Rapture of the Church... Man is trying to play God, by being the gatekeeper of who gets to come to Earth and who is rejected. Its so sad, we must pray for the people in this world in this one. Christ will never forgive the nations as long as our babies are being put to rest, but maybe some individuals will repent...

Mat_18:6 "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
    Mar_9:42 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.
    Luk_17:2 It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Margaret Sanger would be proud.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Sorry, I don't quite understand.

Is there 3,500 new disabilities that will urge them to abort?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopynstorm View Post
    Nowadays, with science worship rising to new heights, it will just work towards normalizing abortion even more in peoples minds, among other things. We don't really need new reasons to abort children.

I just read how scientists backed off a little bit on this, saying it would be several years before its widely available. The ethical problems won't change though. Scientists are idiots when it comes to the moral dilemmas, their "hippocratic oath" and other ethical concerns don't mean squat anymore.

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Sorry, I don't quite understand.

It's not that there are new disabilities. Rather, they are quickly getting to the point where tests can identify if a fetus is predisposed to develop certain conditions/disabilities. They can already do this for Downs Syndrome, but now they'll be adding a whole range of disabilities they can identify in utero, which will only encourage more abortions.

Israel

I snagged this off of Jack Chicks website, it fits the situation and I wish the entire medical world could see it:

Would You Consider Abortion in These Four Situations?

1. There is a preacher and wife who are very, very poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she is pregnant with her 15th. They are living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending abortion?

2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. They have 4 children. The first is blind, the second is dead. The third is deaf and the fourth has TB. The mother finds she is pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you recommend abortion?

3. A man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She is not married. Her fiancee is not the father of the baby, and he is very upset. Would you recommend an abortion?

If you have answered “yes” to any of these situations:

In the first case you would have killed John Wesley, one of the great evangelists of the 19th century.

In the second case, you would have killed Beethoven.

In the third case you would have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

In the fourth case you would have recommended the murder of Jesus Christ.

With U. S. abortion deaths topping 30 million, only God knows what we have sacrificed in lost human talent and creativity.

Stephen Hawking. Even though he is almost totally paralyzed, he is a scientist of great reknown. Should he have been aborted? One has to wonder if the person who would have found the cure for cancer was aborted along with people who would have done great things that would have benefitted many.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

Sadly, Steven Hawking is one of the biggest atheists out there.

My husband and I are both different, but we seem to make a lot of our drivers laugh and brighten their days.

One man actually walked up to my husband and said "I thought I had it bad, until I saw you blind and in the wheelchair".

That said, I chose to marry a sterile man (he had an operation) because we would have had a very high probability of a very disabled child. But, there's a huge difference between not having them, and killing them.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Here's something interesting.

I have a book called "What Liberals Believe" It's basicly a book on liberal quotes. It was edited by William Martin

On page 21. Second to last quote on the page.

"Pro-choice people understand that there are two lives involved in an abortion-one born(the pregnant woman) and one not (the fetus)-but that the born person must be allowed to decide what is right."-Ann Lamott, "The Rights of the Born," Los Angeles Times (February 10,2006)

It says there's two lives. Obviously, one of those lives is the fetus. There, in one of their own books it has been declared the fetus is a life.

This is a 'good' news story to contrast with the OP.

Dear abortion proponents, what makes you any better then the people in this article?

Syrian Children Used As Human Shields

The answer is nothing.

You and these terrorists who use children as human shields, you're very much two peas in a pod.

You are one and the same in the eyes of God: Murders of His precious little children, desperately wicked.
    If you understand that and accept that, understand this also: It doesn't have to end that way.

God in His great and unfathomable mercy, is willing to forgive your sins if you would repent (change your mind about it, agree with God, turn away) from this evil and be reconciled to God by Jesus Christ who was sent for you, suffered and died for you, and rose again for you.

Your choice.
    As it stands, you stand to suffer much for your sin on the day of judgement.

Luke 17:1-4
    Then He said to the disciples, “It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come!

It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.”

It just makes me wonder if there were a newly discovered "gay gene", what the response to those wanting to abort the homosexual baby would be. I imagine the hypocrisy would be breathtaking. Maybe it would actually open some eyes, though most of the firmly entrenched in the pro-death camp would have selective outrage. As par for the course with liberals.

for the babies…and their mommies.

Before abortions were legal we had a pretty good world. We had people who invented different machines that made life easier and scientists who discovered many new vaccines and new antibiotics there were many great musicians and singers. There was crime too that has always been with us but it wasn't as in your face as it is today. People were nicer and had better manners and most went to church every Sunday. I know I really liked my life then. I remember being so shocked when abortions became legal no one thought it would it was considered so barbaric to kill babies in the womb. The best we could get from our politicians was don't worry your taxes will never go to murder babies so much for their promises today we do pay for them even though we don't want to. Our country really starting changing after that and really changed once those 60's hippies turned into politicians. There was also the new drug culture too. When I was growing up and in my teens I never knew anyone using drugs in fact even in college I didn't at first and then stayed away from anyone later if I found out they were. Things changed slowly at first but these past 15 yrs I have seen massive changes in life styles of the average person. Many no longer even believe there is sin or a moral way to live instead it is live and let live. The last 10 yrs has shoved the gay life styles down our throats and forces us to deal with them even if we don't want to. Now they want to pre select what kind of baby they have. They want to weed out what they consider to be defective or of the wrong sex. I am glad I'm getting older because if the end isn't soon I will be closer to going home by death because I really am having a hard time living in this crazy world we have today. We do still have the power of prayer and I guess I would rather have that than any other type of power.

3500 genetic problems is a lot. 3500 reasons to believe there is no such thing as normal. This ungodly desire for eugenics is pure evil. I know some people are truly suffering but scientists should only go there to better prepare to parents who may raise a disabled child. And these are the same liberals who claim the importance of diversity.

3500 is the approximate number killed daily here in the US.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Grace View Post

It just makes me wonder if there were a newly discovered "gay gene", what the response to those wanting to abort the homosexual baby would be. I imagine the hypocrisy would be breathtaking. Maybe it would actually open some eyes, though most of the firmly entrenched in the pro-death camp would have selective outrage. As par for the course with liberals.

for the babies…and their mommies.
    I asked on yahoo answers. Am I allowed to put the link? Most said to abort.

I just grieve all these babies....

Sorry, no per Rule #14 http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=2.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Most said to abort.
    Every life is precious to God, not wanting to lose even one. Even if men think or act otherwise. Till the day we die He welcomes each of us to Himself. There is no darkness in God.