Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laundry List of False Teachers Please

Default Laundry List of False Teachers Please

Would someone be able to compile a brief but comprehensive list of any known 'false teachers/preachers' out there? I've watched Creflo Dollar in the past, and didn't recognize him as a false teacher -- now I'm doubting myself and feel very disheartened. It seems like whenever I see something that screams 'wrong, vile, evil' (like the mom breastfeeding her 4 year old toddler ), it's not, but whenever I actually feel OK about watching someone teach/preach, etc., and I don't notice anything odd or falsifying about it, it turns out to be evil.

I'm getting to the point where I'm only going to read my Bible and only watch Precepts for Life (w/ Kay Arthur), Hal Lindsey, David Regan, David Jeremiah, John & Matthew Hagee, Carlton Byrd, Dr. Frederick Price, Jonathan Bernis and Frank Turek, and use RR and Before Its News for my news sources. I hate all this filthy deception; I'm trying to keep my garments white but I keep staining them apparently!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

PS: Why is Creflo Dollar 'bad', ie, 'a false teacher/preacher'?
    Peace, love, life, and kindness to ALL of God's Creatures

XMaryX, I don't have all the other answers and fixing to head out the door to the little one's t-ball game, but I can tell you this with conviction: stick to your Bible and prayer or prayer and your Bible, and you'll be alright. Head over to 1 John 2 and see what that says...

Mary, Hagee believes and teaches Dual Covenant theology, a confusion of salvation that says Jews and Gentiles have different ways to be saved; Price is dangerous WOF like Dollar; Byrd is Seventh-Day Adventist, legalism like we must keep the Jewish Sabbath; Bernis tends to Hebrew Roots. I would urge you to avoid their teachings since just these things alone show their doctrine is bad.

Spend some time reading the Apostasy forum to acquaint yourself further with what bad teachings and teachers are and how to weigh these things. The best thing to do is to bathe your mind in the Bible and its doctrines once handed down.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

That list would read like War and Peace, only longer in content.

CD is one of many WOF preachers who try to make God into a vending machine, that if we get the formula down, we can get whatever our heart desires.

Problem with him, or any other prosperity teacher, they appeal to man's most base element. (Give me what I want and give me a lot of it.) God's sovereignty is nowhere to be found in that theological mess and people are destroyed, spiritually, when the hocus pocus doesn't work for them.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.

This is a great list of both the good and false teachers: http://www.soundchristian.com/prophecy/who/

Here's tweaked version of good teachers. It's a sticky above ^^ -

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=124906
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

arnold murray is a false prophet...

Quote Originally Posted by lovePsalm40 View Post
    He's a *bad apple* on the soundchristian list and not on our *good* list.

Where is Charles Stanley on the apple lis? Is he good? I've always liked him so...
    The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21) ESV

Dispatcher from the new teenage generation

Quote Originally Posted by clemson View Post
    Where is Charles Stanley on the apple lis? Is he good? I've always liked him so...
    Dr.Charles Stanley is an awesome teacher.One of my favorites.He would not belong on the list.But I would add Joyce Meyers to the list of teachers not to listen to.

Remember the list is a who's who of "Prophesy" teachers. Charles Stanley is not seen as a prophesy teacher, nor is Meyers.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by lovePsalm40 View Post
    he is for sure

(btw, side note, they sacked his show recently here in Omaha. 2 paid programs air on the fox station now in his time slot each morning

now if only the local CW could get rid of Kenneth Copeland and James Robison , Omaha would be better off
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Spend more time in the Word. Identify a good 'through the Bible' teacher and stay with the program once, twice, three times.... Topical studies are okay once you have a good foundation of the whole Word. Then, when you have difficulty understanding meditate on it and ask the Lord for help. This has always worked for me.
    After a while you will begin to recognize a teaching that either sounds strange or diffierent, or in some instances downright wrong. Go back to the Bible and check it out. Don't wait for someone/anyone (other than the Lord Himself) to tell you if it's right or not. We learn truth by immersing ourselves in the Word of God, then when counterfeit teachings come to our attention we can recognise them.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Buzz, on those three links to lists, I was super stoked until I read through the second one. There are many considered "good" teachers who are indeed problematic. Hal Lindsey is listed as a bad teacher on one of those lists, btw.

Being dedicated readers and students of our Bibles and in asking continuously for the Lord to provide wisdom and discernment is the only way to sort through doctrine.

Many of the problematic teachers are solid in most areas and fall off a cliff in one or more others. Just goes to prove that we are not to follow men and to listen to Jesus and His voice only.

So scary out there. Everyone seems to want to eat sheep rather than feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintTexas View Post
    So scary out there. Everyone seems to want to eat sheep rather than feed them.
    Ha! That is so true. Watch out for teachers who's breath smells of mint jelly!

I heard Hal Lindsey extolling the virtues of Hagee (double covenant theory) and Bill Bright.
    It's interesting to do an internet search on these teachers, and actually see who they are affiliated with.
    It's an eye opener! And can be discouraging, as one after the other collapses into the arms of the "emergent" church. Follow the money trail. Who subsidizes who!
    Can't roll with the flea afflicted, without catchin' fleas, IMHO.
    The scripture is the only true source for His Word.
    And we have the best teacher, in the Holy Spirit.
    Maranatha...Louise

Default Mint jelly

Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post
    Ha! That is so true. Watch out for teachers who's breath smells of mint jelly!
    Good one!

Where would Kay arthur fit? I didnt see her on either list?
    Matthew 11:28
    Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

"Formerly giest075".

Quote Originally Posted by XMaryX View Post
    Would someone be able to compile a brief but comprehensive list of any known 'false teachers/preachers' out there? I've watched Creflo Dollar in the past, and didn't recognize him as a false teacher -- now I'm doubting myself and feel very disheartened. It seems like whenever I see something that screams 'wrong, vile, evil' (like the mom breastfeeding her 4 year old toddler ), it's not, but whenever I actually feel OK about watching someone teach/preach, etc., and I don't notice anything odd or falsifying about it, it turns out to be evil.

I'm getting to the point where I'm only going to read my Bible and only watch Precepts for Life (w/ Kay Arthur), Hal Lindsey, David Regan, David Jeremiah, John & Matthew Hagee, Carlton Byrd, Dr. Frederick Price, Jonathan Bernis and Frank Turek, and use RR and Before Its News for my news sources. I hate all this filthy deception; I'm trying to keep my garments white but I keep staining them apparently!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

PS: Why is Creflo Dollar 'bad', ie, 'a false teacher/preacher'?
    I would encourage you to pray for discernment. To be prayerful and to read your bible for yourself. Because someone says a minister is an apostate does not mean they are. There are indeed many out there, but there are many in the christian community way to quick to pronounce this statement on a brother or sister in the lord. I do not know about the others, but I personally do not believe Creflo Dollar or John Hagee are apostates. They preach the true gospel. Some times people have tapes from sermons with part of what the minister said or taken out of context. Yes, anyone could fall away from the lord or miss the mark in a certain area so always look to the lord rather than to man. To clarify about John Hagee, it is my understanding he does not teach dual covenant. However I believe he does say jesus came as the savior the first time and will come as the messiah when he returns. You could research more to get his position on that. Coming from a charismatic background I am not uncomfortable with these types of preachers which some on the board seem to be. But above all be prayerful. The holy spirit and the word of god will reveal who belongs to the lord and who doesn't.