Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Laundry List of False Teachers Please

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Olympia, Washington
    Posts
    201

    Default

    An apostate is one who had the faith and departs from it. A person teaching heresy is one who is still in the faith and teaches a doctrine that doesn't coincide with the traditional norm. An apostate will deny the Trinity, the resurrection and virgin birth, the Bible as the Word of God, etc. A person teaching heresy may teach that we must worship on the traditional Sabbath or that we can't have music in our worship services.

    Heresy is generally a doctrine someone else holds in relation to what your specific church tradition teaches . Both parties will say they teach from the Bible and it is the standard but the interpretation is different. I think Christians are very quick to label someone as teaching heresy or an apostate teacher just because the person doesn't teach exactly what the other person thinks the Bible says it teaches. Discernment is a requirement and a thorough understanding of the Word of God is necessary before we start putting labels on folks. What you may consider heresy may in fact not be. We must rightly divide the word of truth. And just because something or some approach makes us uncomfortable and is outside of our traditional norm doesn't make it heresy or the person an apostate. Take it to the scriptures as the Bereans did.

    God bless.

    -Speedy
    I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace and called according to His purposes

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tcpix02 View Post
    I would encourage you to pray for discernment. To be prayerful and to read your bible for yourself. Because someone says a minister is an apostate does not mean they are. There are indeed many out there, but there are many in the christian community way to quick to pronounce this statement on a brother or sister in the lord. I do not know about the others, but I personally do not believe Creflo Dollar or John Hagee are apostates. They preach the true gospel. Some times people have tapes from sermons with part of what the minister said or taken out of context. Yes, anyone could fall away from the lord or miss the mark in a certain area so always look to the lord rather than to man. To clarify about John Hagee, it is my understanding he does not teach dual covenant. However I believe he does say jesus came as the savior the first time and will come as the messiah when he returns. You could research more to get his position on that. Coming from a charismatic background I am not uncomfortable with these types of preachers which some on the board seem to be. But above all be prayerful. The holy spirit and the word of god will reveal who belongs to the lord and who doesn't.
    Can't help noticing you properly capitalized Creflo Dollar and John Hagee (X2) but consistently left uncapitalized: Bible, Christian, Lord (X4), Jesus, Holy Spirit and God.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Can't help noticing you properly capitalized Creflo Dollar and John Hagee (X2) but consistently left uncapitalized: Bible, Christian, Lord (X4), Jesus, Holy Spirit and God.
    Not capitalizing Jesus was a typo on my part. As for the rest, I'm sorry my grammar (or lack thereof) offends you. I know who I serve and so does my Jesus.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California
    Posts
    13,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tcpix02 View Post
    I would encourage you to pray for discernment. To be prayerful and to read your bible for yourself. Because someone says a minister is an apostate does not mean they are. There are indeed many out there, but there are many in the christian community way to quick to pronounce this statement on a brother or sister in the lord. I do not know about the others, but I personally do not believe Creflo Dollar or John Hagee are apostates. They preach the true gospel. Some times people have tapes from sermons with part of what the minister said or taken out of context. Yes, anyone could fall away from the lord or miss the mark in a certain area so always look to the lord rather than to man. To clarify about John Hagee, it is my understanding he does not teach dual covenant. However I believe he does say jesus came as the savior the first time and will come as the messiah when he returns. You could research more to get his position on that. Coming from a charismatic background I am not uncomfortable with these types of preachers which some on the board seem to be. But above all be prayerful. The holy spirit and the word of god will reveal who belongs to the lord and who doesn't.
    Just to deal with Dollar, or any teacher who subscribe to prosperity teaching, does the fact that God's sovereignty is replaced with man's bother you? Said another way, if we can claim and get whatever we want, independent of God's will, that means we are god at that point. A point by the way which Kenneth Copeland has made repeatedly.

    RR does not believe in the prosperity doctrine and that is why he would be on that list as many others who espouse that are. It is a doctrine easily disproved by a well rounded study of Scripture as opposed to the pick and choose method prosperity teachers use.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Olympia, Washington
    Posts
    201

    Default

    The biggest problem I have had over the years with the prosperity gospel is it is centered on man-- what can I get. It is not God centered. I've considered the prosperity teachers to be not much more than spiritual Amway distributors. The philosophy is the same-- you deserve this and God wants to bless you.

    While it is true God does want to bless His children, He also wants us to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33). He gives us what we need, not what we necessarily want. Preaching a message on repentance and holiness doesn't draw in the crowds. Preaching about what you can get from God who is portrayed as a sugar-daddy does. When is the last time you heard a prosperity preacher focus on repentance and holiness?

    God bless.

    -Speedy
    I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace and called according to His purposes

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tcpix02 View Post
    Not capitalizing Jesus was a typo on my part. As for the rest, I'm sorry my grammar (or lack thereof) offends you. I know who I serve and so does my Jesus.
    It's a matter of respect. The word "lord" in the Bible could mean many things. Capitalizing the word connotes to the reader that you mean the Lord of all lords, not just any guy.

    Similarly, the Bible refers to many "gods"; capitalizing it lets the reader know you mean the God above all (false) gods.

    We capitalize "Holy Spirit" as it relates to the third Person of the Triune God and not some mere characteristic or impersonal force.

    Et cetera with the other omissions.

    We have had complaints, you have done this consistently in other threads. Respect the other members here also.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    It's a matter of respect. The word "lord" in the Bible could mean many things. Capitalizing the word connotes to the reader that you mean the Lord of all lords, not just any guy.

    Similarly, the Bible refers to many "gods"; capitalizing it lets the reader know you mean the God above all (false) gods.

    We capitalize "Holy Spirit" as it relates to the third Person of the Triune God and not some mere characteristic or impersonal force.

    Et cetera with the other omissions.

    We have had complaints, you have done this consistently in other threads. Respect the other members here also.

    Thank you for the heads up. I stand corrected on my capitalization's. I do need work in this area. When I post again I will be certain to be more respectful. Thanks again!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OnceWasLost View Post
    Just to deal with Dollar, or any teacher who subscribe to prosperity teaching, does the fact that God's sovereignty is replaced with man's bother you? Said another way, if we can claim and get whatever we want, independent of God's will, that means we are god at that point. A point by the way which Kenneth Copeland has made repeatedly.

    RR does not believe in the prosperity doctrine and that is why he would be on that list as many others who espouse that are. It is a doctrine easily disproved by a well rounded study of Scripture as opposed to the pick and choose method prosperity teachers use.
    I would have to answer your questions in several parts if okay. I am not big into the prosperity message. I do believe God wants to bless and prosper his people but I am concerned about some that speak the prosperity message. I cannot really speak much about Kenneth Copeland because I have only listened to him a very limited amount. As for Creflo Dollar, I would begin by saying I don't view him as simply a prosperity preacher. I realize he has preached about prosperity a lot in the past. My husband and I have listened to Creflo Dollar frequently for the past two years. He does preach some about prosperity, but I would say he has primarily preached about the church living holy, about righteousness, daily prayer and bible study and about the soon coming of the Lord. My husband has only been saved a few years. He has grown much under the teachings of our pastor. But his favorite "tv preacher" is Creflo Dollar. Not because of prosperity messages but because of holiness teaching which convicted him to seek a deep walk with the Lord. I truly believe that was the Holy Spirit.

    As for the whole prosperity movement, I believe the message the pastors began to preach in the 70's that God wanted to prosper his people and bless them was from the Lord. For many years many Christians believed you had to be poor to be a Christian. My father came from this mindset. However, God does not want to prosper his people to live unholy, filthy lives full of greed. The prosperity I believe was to be used to bring the message of the gospel to the world. To feed the hungry, to help the widow and care for the orphans. Christians seem to always want to go too far this way or that. In my grandma's day being very harsh about dress and such, to the point of showing no love for the sinner who came in the door not properly dressed. To the prosperity person who takes all God has provided and stores it up for themselves instead of using it as a tool for the Lord like it was meant to be. Some prosperity preacher's I believe have gotten too far off course and some seem to not know the Lord at all. God will always bless and provide for his people but we are to use all he gives us for his glory. I read a book recently called "Radical" by David Platt. I think it is the direction the bride of Christ is headed now.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tcpix02 View Post
    Thank you for the heads up. I stand corrected on my capitalization's. I do need work in this area. When I post again I will be certain to be more respectful. Thanks again!
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    1,874

    Default

    All I have to say about Creflo is that there is nothing Godly about this. .....

    Last edited by Steve53; July 21st, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California
    Posts
    13,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tcpix02 View Post
    I would have to answer your questions in several parts if okay. I am not big into the prosperity message. I do believe God wants to bless and prosper his people but I am concerned about some that speak the prosperity message. I cannot really speak much about Kenneth Copeland because I have only listened to him a very limited amount. As for Creflo Dollar, I would begin by saying I don't view him as simply a prosperity preacher. I realize he has preached about prosperity a lot in the past. My husband and I have listened to Creflo Dollar frequently for the past two years. He does preach some about prosperity, but I would say he has primarily preached about the church living holy, about righteousness, daily prayer and bible study and about the soon coming of the Lord. My husband has only been saved a few years. He has grown much under the teachings of our pastor. But his favorite "tv preacher" is Creflo Dollar. Not because of prosperity messages but because of holiness teaching which convicted him to seek a deep walk with the Lord. I truly believe that was the Holy Spirit.

    As for the whole prosperity movement, I believe the message the pastors began to preach in the 70's that God wanted to prosper his people and bless them was from the Lord. For many years many Christians believed you had to be poor to be a Christian. My father came from this mindset. However, God does not want to prosper his people to live unholy, filthy lives full of greed. The prosperity I believe was to be used to bring the message of the gospel to the world. To feed the hungry, to help the widow and care for the orphans. Christians seem to always want to go too far this way or that. In my grandma's day being very harsh about dress and such, to the point of showing no love for the sinner who came in the door not properly dressed. To the prosperity person who takes all God has provided and stores it up for themselves instead of using it as a tool for the Lord like it was meant to be. Some prosperity preacher's I believe have gotten too far off course and some seem to not know the Lord at all. God will always bless and provide for his people but we are to use all he gives us for his glory. I read a book recently called "Radical" by David Platt. I think it is the direction the bride of Christ is headed now.
    I must have terrible timing because just about every time I hear him it is about health or wealth and that we are to speak these things into existence. Again, per my original problem, where is God's sovereignty in that? It is his underlying theology.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    "Tomorrow's World" preaches a false gospel and works salvation. "The Key of David" denys the devinity of the Holy Spirit. You can add them to the false list.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The United State of Texas
    Posts
    27,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tcpix02 View Post
    I would have to answer your questions in several parts if okay. I am not big into the prosperity message. I do believe God wants to bless and prosper his people but I am concerned about some that speak the prosperity message. I cannot really speak much about Kenneth Copeland because I have only listened to him a very limited amount. As for Creflo Dollar, I would begin by saying I don't view him as simply a prosperity preacher. I realize he has preached about prosperity a lot in the past. My husband and I have listened to Creflo Dollar frequently for the past two years. He does preach some about prosperity, but I would say he has primarily preached about the church living holy, about righteousness, daily prayer and bible study and about the soon coming of the Lord. My husband has only been saved a few years. He has grown much under the teachings of our pastor. But his favorite "tv preacher" is Creflo Dollar. Not because of prosperity messages but because of holiness teaching which convicted him to seek a deep walk with the Lord. I truly believe that was the Holy Spirit.

    As for the whole prosperity movement, I believe the message the pastors began to preach in the 70's that God wanted to prosper his people and bless them was from the Lord. For many years many Christians believed you had to be poor to be a Christian. My father came from this mindset. However, God does not want to prosper his people to live unholy, filthy lives full of greed. The prosperity I believe was to be used to bring the message of the gospel to the world. To feed the hungry, to help the widow and care for the orphans. Christians seem to always want to go too far this way or that. In my grandma's day being very harsh about dress and such, to the point of showing no love for the sinner who came in the door not properly dressed. To the prosperity person who takes all God has provided and stores it up for themselves instead of using it as a tool for the Lord like it was meant to be. Some prosperity preacher's I believe have gotten too far off course and some seem to not know the Lord at all. God will always bless and provide for his people but we are to use all he gives us for his glory. I read a book recently called "Radical" by David Platt. I think it is the direction the bride of Christ is headed now.
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?177032-Creflo-Dollar



    Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OnceWasLost View Post
    I must have terrible timing because just about every time I hear him it is about health or wealth and that we are to speak these things into existence. Again, per my original problem, where is God's sovereignty in that? It is his underlying theology.

    I have never personally heard Creflo Dollar speak of prosperity outside of the will (sovereignty) of God. Speaking the promises in the Word of God for your life as a believer living for the Lord and seeking his will in all things. That said, I do think Creflo as well as other preachers went too far with the prosperity message. But God will direct the Church leaders to correct him or correct him himself. Creflo teaches a saved by grace message. He teaches that there is one way to God and that is through the blood of Jesus Christ. He teaches staying constantly in the word, living righteously and spreading the gospel. There is a book called The Midas Touch by Kenneth Hagin his predecessor. My mother has talked about how it tells of people going too far to the left or right with prosperity. I believe the church did go astray in this area but God is redirecting them. But there are no perfect Christians or perfect pastors. I do believe Creflo Dollar loves the Lord. Perfect, no, but many have come to salvation under his ministry. So I do not feel it is right to list him as an apostate. Paul and Barnabas disagreed but they were still both brothers in the {Lord}. If he departs from the faith, God will judge him. Let our prayers for one another be many and our words few.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont
    Posts
    19,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tcpix02 View Post
    I have never ...... words few.
    A little leaven spoils the whole loaf.

    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.



  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont
    Posts
    19,045

    Default

    Question: "What does the Bible say about the prosperity gospel?"

    Answer:
    In the prosperity gospel, also known as the “Word of Faith,” the believer is told to use God, whereas the truth of biblical Christianity is just the opposite—God uses the believer. Word of Faith or prosperity theology sees the Holy Spirit as a power to be put to use for whatever the believer wills. The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is a Person who enables the believer to do God's will. The prosperity gospel movement closely resembles some of the destructive greed sects that infiltrated the early church. Paul and the other apostles were not accommodating to or conciliatory with the false teachers who propagated such heresy. They identified them as dangerous false teachers and urged Christians to avoid them.

    Paul warned Timothy about such men in 1 Timothy 6:5, 9-11. These men of “corrupt mind” supposed godliness was a means of gain and their desire for riches was a trap that brought them “into ruin and destruction” (v. 9). The pursuit of wealth is a dangerous path for Christians and one which God warns about: “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs” (v. 10). If riches were a reasonable goal for the godly, Jesus would have pursued it. But He did not, preferring instead to have no place to lay His head (Matthew 8:20) and teaching His disciples to do the same. It should also be remembered that the only disciple concerned with wealth was Judas.

    Paul said covetousness is idolatry (Ephesians 5:5) and instructed the Ephesians to avoid anyone who brought a message of immorality or covetousness (Ephesians 5:6-7). Prosperity teaching prohibits God from working on His own, meaning that God is not Lord of all because He cannot work until we release Him to do so. Faith, according to the Word of Faith doctrine, is not submissive trust in God; faith is a formula by which we manipulate the spiritual laws that prosperity teachers believe govern the universe. As the name “Word of Faith” implies, this movement teaches that faith is a matter of what we say more than whom we trust or what truths we embrace and affirm in our hearts.

    A favorite term in the Word of Faith movement is “positive confession.” This refers to the teaching that words themselves have creative power. What you say, Word of Faith teachers claim, determines everything that happens to you. Your confessions, especially the favors you demand of God, must all be stated positively and without wavering. Then God is required to answer (as though man could require anything of God!). Thus, God's ability to bless us supposedly hangs on our faith. James 4:13-16 clearly contradicts this teaching: “Now listen, you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.’ Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” Far from speaking things into existence in the future, we do not even know what tomorrow will bring or even whether we will be alive.

    Instead of stressing the importance of wealth, the Bible warns against pursuing it. Believers, especially leaders in the church (1 Timothy 3:3), are to be free from the love of money (Hebrews 13:5). The love of money leads to all kinds of evil (1 Timothy 6:10). Jesus warned, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions” (Luke 12:15). In sharp contrast to the Word of Faith emphasis on gaining money and possessions in this life, Jesus said, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal” (Matthew 6:19). The irreconcilable contradictions between prosperity teaching and the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is best summed up in the words of Jesus in Matthew 6:24, “You cannot serve both God and money.” http://www.gotquestions.org/prosperity-gospel.html

    Question: "Is the Word of Faith movement biblical?"

    Answer:
    Word of Faith teaching is decidedly unbiblical. It is not a denomination and does not have a formal organization or hierarchy. Instead, it is a movement that is heavily influenced by a number of high-profile pastors and teachers such as Kenneth Hagin, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Paul and Jan Crouch, and Fred Price.

    The Word of Faith movement grew out of the Pentecostal movement in the late 20th century. Its founder was E. W. Kenyon, who studied the metaphysical New Thought teachings of Phineas Quimby. Mind science (where "name it and claim it" originated) was combined with Pentecostalism, resulting in a peculiar mix of orthodox Christianity and mysticism. Kenneth Hagin, in turn, studied under E. W. Kenyon and made the Word of Faith movement what it is today. Although individual teachings range from completely heretical to completely ridiculous, what follows is the basic theology most Word of Faith teachers align themselves with.

    At the heart of the Word of Faith movement is the belief in the "force of faith." It is believed words can be used to manipulate the faith-force, and thus actually create what they believe Scripture promises (health and wealth). Laws supposedly governing the faith-force are said to operate independently of God's sovereign will and that God Himself is subject to these laws. This is nothing short of idolatry, turning our faith—and by extension ourselves—into god.

    From here, its theology just strays further and further from Scripture: it claims that God created human beings in His literal, physical image as little gods. Before the fall, humans had the potential to call things into existence by using the faith-force. After the fall, humans took on Satan's nature and lost the ability to call things into existence. In order to correct this situation, Jesus Christ gave up His divinity and became a man, died spiritually, took Satan's nature upon Himself, went to hell, was born again, and rose from the dead with God's nature. After this, Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to replicate the Incarnation in believers so they could become little gods as God had originally intended.

    Following the natural progression of these teachings, as little gods we again have the ability to manipulate the faith-force and become prosperous in all areas of life. Illness, sin, and failure are the result of a lack of faith, and are remedied by confession—claiming God's promises for oneself into existence. Simply put, the Word of Faith movement exalts man to god-status and reduces God to man-status. Needless to say, this is a false representation of what Christianity is all about. Obviously, Word of Faith teaching does not take into account what is found in Scripture. Personal revelation, not Scripture, is highly relied upon in order to come up with such absurd beliefs, which is just one more proof of its heretical nature.

    Countering Word of Faith teaching is a simple matter of reading the Bible. God alone is the Sovereign Creator of the Universe (Genesis 1:3; 1 Timothy 6:15) and does not need faith—He is the object of faith (Mark 11:22; Hebrews 11:3). God is spirit and does not have a physical body (John 4:24). Man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26, 27; 9:6), but this does not make him a little god or divine. Only God has a divine nature (Galatians 4:8; Isaiah 1:6-11, 43:10, 44:6; Ezekiel 28:2; Psalm 8:6-8). Christ is Eternal, the Only Begotten Son, and the only incarnation of God (John 1:1, 2, 14, 15, 18; 3:16; 1 John 4:1). In Him dwelt the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9). By becoming a man, Jesus gave up the glory of heaven but not His divinity (Philippians 2:6-7), though He did choose to withhold His power while walking the earth as man.

    The Word of Faith movement is deceiving countless people, causing them to grasp after a way of life and faith that is not biblical. At its core is the same lie Satan has been telling since the Garden: “You shall be as God” (Genesis 3:5). Sadly, those who buy into the Word of Faith movement are still listening to him. Our hope is in the Lord, not in our own words, not even in our own faith (Psalm 33:20-22). Our faith comes from God in the first place (Ephesians 2:8; Hebrews 12:2) and is not something we create for ourselves. So, be wary of the Word of Faith movement and any church that aligns itself with Word of Faith teachings. http://www.gotquestions.org/Word-Faith.html

    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.



  17. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Mark 11:23

    King James Version (KJV)

    23 For verily I "say" unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

    This is the scripture I stood on when my mother was very ill. I was a wishy washy Christian at that time. I went into a church once while she was ill. I was running late and when I came in they were signing a song. It was the first and last time I ever heard that song. They were signing this verse when I opened the door. I stupidly fell away from the {Lord} a couple years later. But because of {His} grace and mercy {He} called me back. And one of the main things that convicted me was the healing of my mother. I knew and still know that {He} gave me this verse to speak and stand on for healing for my mom. The Word of God is powerful and {His} promises true.

    Hebrews 4:12

    King James Version (KJV)

    12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
    Last edited by Steve53; July 21st, 2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Capitalization - Please use the shift key respectfully

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont
    Posts
    19,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tcpix02 View Post
    ....This is the scripture I ....
    Name it and claim it is a false doctrine.



    2 Timothy 3:16
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:


    Please carefully review the articles I posted just above your last reply.

    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.



  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,346

    Default

    Posting rule #6 - no WOF teachers to be promoted here. Further, please see 1 Timothy 3:4.

    No more shilling for Dollar.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont
    Posts
    19,045

    Default

    Question: "Is 'name it claim it' teaching biblical?"

    Answer:
    The “name it and claim it” or “prosperity gospel” is not biblical and is in many ways antithetical to the true gospel message and the clear teaching of Scripture. While there are many different versions of the name it and claim it philosophy preached today, they all have similar characteristics. At its best, this teaching comes from the misinterpretation and misunderstanding of some Scriptures and, at its worst, it is a completely heretical teaching that has the characteristics of a cult.

    The roots of the Word of Faith movement and the name it and claim it message have more in common with new age metaphysics than with biblical Christianity. However, instead of us creating our reality with our thoughts, as new age proponents advise, name it and claim it teachers tell us that we can use the “power of faith” to create our own reality or get what we want. In essence faith is redefined from trusting in a holy and sovereign God despite our circumstances to a way of controlling God to give us what we want. Faith becomes a force whereby we can get what we want rather than an abiding trust in God even during times of trials and suffering.

    There are many areas where name it and claim it departs from biblical Christianity. The teaching really exalts man and his “faith” above God. In fact many of the more extreme Word of Faith teachers teach that man was created on terms of equality with God and that man is the same class of being that He is Himself. This dangerous and heretical teaching denies the very basic tenets of biblical Christianity which is why the extreme proponents of the name it and claim it teaching must be considered to be cultic and not truly Christian.

    Both the metaphysical cults and the name it and claim it teaching distort the truth and embrace the false teaching that our thoughts control reality. Whether it is the power of positive thinking or the prosperity gospel, the premise is the same—what you think or believe will happen is ultimately what controls what will happen. If you think negative thoughts or are lacking in faith, you will suffer or not get what you want. But on the other hand if you think positive thoughts or just have “enough faith,” then you can have health, wealth and happiness now. This false teaching appeals to one of man’s most base instincts, which is one reason why it is hugely popular.

    While the prosperity gospel and the idea of controlling one’s future with his thoughts or faith is appealing to sinful man, it is insulting to a sovereign God who has revealed Himself in Scripture. Instead of recognizing the absolute sovereign power of God as revealed in the Bible, the name it and claim it adherents embrace a false god who cannot operate apart from their faith. They present a false view of God by teaching that He wants to bless you with health, wealth and happiness but cannot do so unless YOU have enough faith. Thereby God is no longer in control but man is. Of course this is completely antithetical to what Scripture teaches. God does not depend upon man’s ‘faith” to act. Throughout Scripture we see God blessing who He chooses to bless and healing who He chooses to heal.

    Another problem with the name it and claim it teaching is that if fails to recognize that Jesus Himself is the ultimate treasure worth sacrificing everything for (Matthew 13:44) and instead sees Jesus as little more than a way of getting what we want right now. Jesus’ message is that a Christian is called to “…deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul” (Matthew 16:24-24). Contrast that to the message of the prosperity gospel. Rather than being a message of self-denial, the prosperity gospel is one of self-satisfaction. Its goal is not becoming more Christ-like through sacrifice but having what we want here and now, clearly contradicting the words of our Savior.

    The Bible teaches that “all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted” (2 Timothy 3:12), but the name and claim it message is that any suffering we undergo is simply the result of a lack of faith. The prosperity gospel is completely focused on us getting the things the world has to offer, but 1 John 2:15 tells us we should not “love the world or the things in the world” and, in fact, those with a fondness for the things of the world become enemies of God (James 4:4). The message of the prosperity gospel simply cannot be any more opposite of what the Bible really teaches.

    In his book Your Best Life Now, prosperity teacher Joel Osteen says that the key to a more rewarding life, a better home, a stronger marriage and a better job is found in a “simple yet profound process to change the way you think about your life and help you accomplish what is truly important.” How different that is from the biblical truth that this life now is nothing compared to the life to come. The message of the prosperity gospel is focused around the “treasures” or good things we want and can have now, while Jesus said, “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:19-21).

    Jesus did not come to give us health, wealth and happiness now. He came to save us from our sins so that we can have an eternity of bliss with Him. Following Christ is not a ticket to all the material things men desire in this life but a ticket to eternal life. Our desire should not be to have our best life now but should be that of the Apostle Paul who had learned to be content “in whatever state I am” (Philippians 4:11). http://www.gotquestions.org/name-it-claim-it.html

    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •