Thread: The Great Heat Wave of 2012 by Todd Strandberg

Default The Great Heat Wave of 2012 by Todd Strandberg

The Great Heat Wave of 2012

In my Nearing Midnight update for April 16, I wrote about the incredibly warm March we had just experienced. Few people were complaining about a winter month that was 8.6 degrees above the average. Now that summer is here and we are experiencing the same pattern of record warmth, people are starting to press the panic button.

For the past few weeks, the central part of the U.S. has been under a massive dome of high pressure that has produced stunning records for heat. So far this month, over 4,500 record high temperatures have been matched or broken. Many all-time highs were set in late June, and the average temperature doesn't top out until the 21st of this month.

Here in Benton, Arkansas, we set the all-time record for June twice. On June 25, the high reached 105 degrees. Three days later, we set a new record of 107 degrees. Our temps were relatively mild compared to some areas in Kansas. Hill City, Kansas, hit 115 two days in a row, which was an all-time high. A few days later, Norton Dam, Kansas, hit 118, briefly making it the hottest location on planet earth.

The heat wave took on an apocalyptic nature when it helped produce a powerful straight-line wind storm called a "derecho" that swept over an area from Indiana to the Maryland coast. A derecho is the result of rain-chilled air rushing out ahead of thunderstorms. Since the areas impacted by the June 29 derecho were still in the upper 80s or 90s, the extreme temperature difference amplified the wind velocity. At one point, over 5 million people were without power. Hurricane Andrew only left 3 million people in the dark.

The Great Heat Wave of 2012 is having a profoundly negative impact on the nation's breadbasket. Corn is the most important grain because it goes into 75 percent of all food products. Over the past month, corn futures have shot up from $5.50 per bushel to over $7.50 per bushel on the spot market. Economists are already predicting a rise in food prices of 4 percent over the next year.

The Department of Agriculture says that 22 percent of all U.S. corn fields are in poor condition, and that number could rise significantly with corn currently undergoing its critical pollination phase. Some analysts have lowered their yield estimates to an average of about 140 bushels per acre. That compares with the Ag Department’s June estimate of 166 bushels per acre.

A relentless spate of bad luck has caused U.S. corn supplies to decline to levels not seen in nearly two decades. Bloomberg News reports that stockpiles were probably 3.168 billion bushels (80.47 million metric tons) on June 1, 47 percent less than on March 1. Last year, the problem was massive flooding on the Missouri, Ohio, and Mississippi River deltas, and this year it's too little rain.

I remember in the 1980s, in my home state of Iowa, there was such a bumper crop of corn that it was common to see the yellow kernels piled up on the ground in massive hills because of the lack of room in storage facilities. Those days of overabundance have been replaced by the possibility of future shortages.

I do believe God has slowly lifted His blessing from this nation. We are suffering from a deluge that cannot be explained by CO2-induced global warming. The year is only half over, but we are almost assured of having a record year for heat. The climate models call for a slow rise of 2.5 degrees over 100 years. At this rate, we would all be baked alive if the trend were to continue for just a couple of decades.

A more likely reason we are experiencing an unending chain of calamities is our potential proximity to the Tribulation hour. As we get closer to this seven-year period of judgment, the earth will look all the more like the pictures painted by prophecy. One of the images the Bible gives us is one of a day when a day's wage will equal a loaf of bread.

“And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny” (Revelation 6:5-6).

Todd

http://www.raptureready.com/rap16.html
    For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. (First Thessalonians 5:9-11)

Quote Originally Posted by dinaljc View Post
    The year is only half over, but we are almost assured of having a record year for heat.

Good article! And that's^ correct Todd, this is how CNN have reported it....

Past 12 months warmest ever recorded in United States

The mainland United States, which was largely recovering Monday from a near-nationwide heat wave, has experienced the warmest 12 months since record-keeping began in 1895, a top government science and weather agency announced Monday.

The report from the National Climatic Data Center, which is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, does not take into account blistering heat from this month, with 2,116 high temperature marks either broken or tied between July 2 and July 8 in communities nationwide.

But it does incorporate the warmest March recorded as well as extreme heat in June, which also helped make the first six months of 2012 the warmest recorded of any January-June stretch.

In the last half of June, 170 all-time temperature records were matched or smashed in cities across the lower 48 states. The U.S. State Climate Extremes Committee also is reviewing whether 113-degree temperatures in South Carolina and 112-degree recordings in Georgia qualify as all-time records in those two states.

"There are a lot of things going on that have been very unusual over the last several months," said Dev Niyogi, earth and atmospheric sciences professor at Purdue University.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/09/us...html?hpt=hp_t3

Default Very Good Article

But we all know the liberal left will look to anything other than God and say it was the reason for the unusualy high temps. Like: "Well this years record setting temps were due to all the volcanoes spuing debri into the air. God had nothing to do with it.
    Liberals are so nuts they will try to logically explain away the plagues of the Tribulation on something other than God, when it would really be almost impossible to do such. In which case their own followers may go after them for such stupid and irrational explanations in light of the Bible showing all of them as exactly like they happened.
    Ultra-Liberals are the ones Romans chapter 1 describes to a "T".
    John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

I am curious how many unbelievers begin thinking that maybe God has a hand in what they are seeing? IOW, these people conveniently left God out of their lives, but now that the environment is stressful, they start wondering and seeking the Lord?

Unfortunately, from what I remember in the Bible, people could see Jesus, and knew of His miracles, and, sadly that wasn't enough to persuade them of who He was.

Also, in Revelation, I got the impression that even though horrible events were happening, people still cursed God and refused to believe.

So, from my perspective as a believer, it is easy for me to see that the Lord is lifting His hand of blessing on this nation. But, I do wonder what unbelievers think? Have you heard from nonbelievers? What do they think?

Or, are these signs of His hand of blessing, or His removal of the same, mainly for the believer? Just curious. What do you think?
    Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

In Michigan we had a very warm spring that caused the fruit trees to bud too early, then a freeze
    that killed them. Now we are baking in extreme heat and haven't had rain for over a month.
    If any crops survive they are going to be very very expensive and I can't imagine what the dried
    up corn will do to the price of beef.
    Please ask The Lord to open my daughter's heart, Thank you!

Israel

Things I've heard said by atheists and roman catholics as well:

These things have always happened

We have to reduce our carbon footprint

It's the end of the world! December is times up!

The scientists were right

Al Gore is a genius (just kidding about this one)

These signs are for all of us. They confirm to the faithful that their faith is justified. In an odd way, they fill me with hope because I know time is short, and I'm looking forward to being with my Lord. They show the unfaithful that:

Isaiah 46:9-10 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Those who know the prophecies and deny the Lord are without excuse.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

Quote Originally Posted by futurehope View Post
    I am curious how many unbelievers begin thinking that maybe God has a hand in what they are seeing? IOW, these people conveniently left God out of their lives, but now that the environment is stressful, they start wondering and seeking the Lord?

Unfortunately, from what I remember in the Bible, people could see Jesus, and knew of His miracles, and, sadly that wasn't enough to persuade them of who He was.

Also, in Revelation, I got the impression that even though horrible events were happening, people still cursed God and refused to believe.

So, from my perspective as a believer, it is easy for me to see that the Lord is lifting His hand of blessing on this nation. But, I do wonder what unbelievers think? Have you heard from nonbelievers? What do they think?

Or, are these signs of His hand of blessing, or His removal of the same, mainly for the believer? Just curious. What do you think?
    Correct; it's not really a good wake up call in evangelism.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Default Lack of rain

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    In Michigan ...... extreme heat and haven't had rain for over a month.
    If any crops survive they are going to be very very expensive and I can't imagine what the dried
    up corn will do to the price of beef.
    I was wondering when someone would mention the LACK OF RAIN. Today, near Little Rock, Arkansas, we had a 22 minute shower. I cannot remember the last time it rained. Certainly, that shower was welcome but we need so much more. The land is parched and cracking from the excessive heat we have had. When people mow, we are seeing dust!

Thanks for the article Todd! This has been the hottest summer that I have seen. I would like to share my story with you about heat. Actually, I am thankful to be alive. On July 12, 1995 I had a heat stroke. It was 101 with the heat index matching at 101. I delivered the food section for the K C Star. I was exhausted by the heat, and collapsed in a driveway. That afternoon, I was taken to the hospital in a coma. I came out of my coma the next morning. I was in a coma for about 18 hrs. I was released from the hospital on the 15th so I was in the hospital for 3 days. At that time my daughter Angela(Angie) was 11, and my son Michael was turning 10 the next month.Also, the funny part of this story is my doctor's name was Tom Jones. I asked him if he could sing. He laughed and said "I don't believe you are cracking jokes." I said "if I lose my sense of humor I am dead." I want to say to all of you this summer please drink a lot of water & stay safe. I know what heat can do I have experienced it so please be careful. Thank God I am alive to tell this story.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Quote Originally Posted by waiting1 View Post

But we all know the liberal left will look to anything other than God and say it was the reason for the unusualy high temps. Like: "Well this years record setting temps were due to all the volcanoes spuing debri into the air. God had nothing to do with it.
    Liberals are so nuts they will try to logically explain away the plagues of the Tribulation on something other than God, when it would really be almost impossible to do such. In which case their own followers may go after them for such stupid and irrational explanations in light of the Bible showing all of them as exactly like they happened.
    Ultra-Liberals are the ones Romans chapter 1 describes to a "T".
    It is NOT only liberals; but, it is many conservatives as well.

Please remember that it is the unsaved heart of man, not their political leanings, that deny Almighty God and His Word.

Saved By Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Saved By Jesus View Post

Please remember that it is the unsaved heart of man, not their political leanings, that deny Almighty God and His Word.

Saved By Jesus
    Luke 11:23(a) 'He who is not with Me is against Me...'

I was just in Kansas last week and over 100 everyday with no rain. My Dad told me it had been like that for 3 weeks straight and just got rain Monday. Me and my wife drove through most of Kansas and the crops look terrible. This is clearly a sign from God that we are living in the last days!
    "For the wages of sin is DEATH but the gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE through JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD" Romans 6:23

Quote Originally Posted by Saved By Jesus View Post

Saved By Jesus
    But with today's dichotomy, political leanings, as well as views of Israel, do reveal the heart

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    But with today's dichotomy, political leanings, as well as views of Israel, do reveal the heart
    No kidding.....
    How can a "christian" reconcile the abortion on demand lobby?
    How can a "christian" reconcile the homosexual lobby?
    How can a "christian" ignore Israel's God Ordained right to live in their ancestrial homeland?
    How can a "christian" be Pro-Palestinian & call for a divided Jerusalem for peace purposes?
    How can a "christian" plead for mercy for the guilty, yet deny justice for the innocent?
    How can a "christain" proclaim tolerance for all & in the same breath deny John 14:6?
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by dinaljc View Post
    The Great Heat Wave of 2012

In my Nearing Midnight update for April 16, I wrote about the incredibly warm March we had just experienced. Few people were complaining about a winter month that was 8.6 degrees above the average. Now that summer is here and we are experiencing the same pattern of record warmth, people are starting to press the panic button.

For the past few weeks, the central part of the U.S. has been under a massive dome of high pressure that has produced stunning records for heat. So far this month, over 4,500 record high temperatures have been matched or broken. Many all-time highs were set in late June, and the average temperature doesn't top out until the 21st of this month.

Here in Benton, Arkansas, we set the all-time record for June twice. On June 25, the high reached 105 degrees. Three days later, we set a new record of 107 degrees. Our temps were relatively mild compared to some areas in Kansas. Hill City, Kansas, hit 115 two days in a row, which was an all-time high. A few days later, Norton Dam, Kansas, hit 118, briefly making it the hottest location on planet earth.

The heat wave took on an apocalyptic nature when it helped produce a powerful straight-line wind storm called a "derecho" that swept over an area from Indiana to the Maryland coast. A derecho is the result of rain-chilled air rushing out ahead of thunderstorms. Since the areas impacted by the June 29 derecho were still in the upper 80s or 90s, the extreme temperature difference amplified the wind velocity. At one point, over 5 million people were without power. Hurricane Andrew only left 3 million people in the dark.

The Great Heat Wave of 2012 is having a profoundly negative impact on the nation's breadbasket. Corn is the most important grain because it goes into 75 percent of all food products. Over the past month, corn futures have shot up from $5.50 per bushel to over $7.50 per bushel on the spot market. Economists are already predicting a rise in food prices of 4 percent over the next year.

The Department of Agriculture says that 22 percent of all U.S. corn fields are in poor condition, and that number could rise significantly with corn currently undergoing its critical pollination phase. Some analysts have lowered their yield estimates to an average of about 140 bushels per acre. That compares with the Ag Department’s June estimate of 166 bushels per acre.

A relentless spate of bad luck has caused U.S. corn supplies to decline to levels not seen in nearly two decades. Bloomberg News reports that stockpiles were probably 3.168 billion bushels (80.47 million metric tons) on June 1, 47 percent less than on March 1. Last year, the problem was massive flooding on the Missouri, Ohio, and Mississippi River deltas, and this year it's too little rain.

I remember in the 1980s, in my home state of Iowa, there was such a bumper crop of corn that it was common to see the yellow kernels piled up on the ground in massive hills because of the lack of room in storage facilities. Those days of overabundance have been replaced by the possibility of future shortages.

I do believe God has slowly lifted His blessing from this nation. We are suffering from a deluge that cannot be explained by CO2-induced global warming. The year is only half over, but we are almost assured of having a record year for heat. The climate models call for a slow rise of 2.5 degrees over 100 years. At this rate, we would all be baked alive if the trend were to continue for just a couple of decades.

A more likely reason we are experiencing an unending chain of calamities is our potential proximity to the Tribulation hour. As we get closer to this seven-year period of judgment, the earth will look all the more like the pictures painted by prophecy. One of the images the Bible gives us is one of a day when a day's wage will equal a loaf of bread.

“And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny” (Revelation 6:5-6).

Todd

As we see the last days on this earth get bleaker and bleaker we are not to worry but we are commanded "to redeem the time because the days are evil". To me, this phrase translates "get out and witness, witness, witness for the time is short and judgment is coming"! I am comforted in knowing God is STILL on the throne and He is going to see us through these few dark days ahead that we have before Jesus returns. As the song goes . . ."this world is not my home, I am just passing through . . ." To be honest with you, I have joy as I hear these things are unfolding before our eyes at record speed. I'm only sad for those who will be left behind but I want to leave this world right now TODAY, nothing in this old world is worth staying for . . . heaven is far better place filled with love and joy unspeakable.
    Til we meet in Beulah Land!

"Only one life 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last"