Thread: Apostasy before the Rapture?

Question Apostasy before the Rapture?

I'd be grateful if someone could share with me where I can find scripture regarding apostasy before rapture. I have been under the impression that the great delusion would happen after the rapture? I am struggling to comprehend with the fact that so many people are now following false doctrines... how can preachers who are well versed in the scripture turn emergent etc?

Quote Originally Posted by wee flea View Post
    I'd be grateful if someone could share with me where I can find scripture regarding apostasy before rapture. I have been under the impression that the great delusion would happen after the rapture? I am struggling to comprehend with the fact that so many people are now following false doctrines... how can preachers who are well versed in the scripture turn emergent etc?
    There's nothing that specifically needs to happen before the rapture. The rapture is imminent!
    Tall Timbers

Thumbs up Jude's epistle warns of great apostasy in the end days.

Jude's epistle is located just before the Revelation of Jesus Christ to the Churches, so I truly believe great apostasy IS happening before the rapture, during this age of grace, the church age. That is my understanding of the chronology of things that were, things that are, and things that are to come.

I do believe the rapture is imminent and by that I do mean any second now! That is scriptural --- http://www.gotquestions.org/search.p...x=0&search.y=0 .

Being sure of salvation is the issue before us at this pivotal time, IMO. When Jesus raptures the church bride we will then have perfect knowledge, and until then what we need to have is faith at least as great as a mustard seed.

Ready, set.....
    Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
    New International Version (©1984)
    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

I'd be grateful if someone could share with me where I can find scripture regarding apostasy before rapture.
    Apostasy is when a person or church turns away from the true teachings of Jesus.
    I have been under the impression that the great delusion would happen after the rapture?
    The great, or grand, delusion is believing the Antichrist is the messiah.
    I am struggling to comprehend with the fact that so many people are now following false doctrines... how can preachers who are well versed in the scripture turn emergent etc?
    Wolves amongst the sheep.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Pray Check Out This Scripture From 2 Timothy...

Hi, Wee Flea!

Look at 2 Timothy 3:1-5:

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

I believe we are seeing these behaviors in many more people now, at a greatly accelerated pace. In Matthew Chapter 24, Jesus Himself warned that 'the love of most will grow cold' and I believe that this pattern of behavior in so many is a prelude to the Rapture... which I believe (although NO ONE can know the day and the hour) is very, very close.

Even so... PLEASE Dear LORD Jesus Christ, please return soon for us!

Thanks for your replies...

I didn't realise the delusion was regarding the anti-christ thanks for clarifying that for me.

One last thing that I'm struggling with.. are these 'churches' intentionally leading people astray from the true gospel? does Matthew 7:23 not mean anything to them?

sorry if i sound naive its just been on my mind a lot lately.

are these 'churches' intentionally leading people astray from the true gospel? does Matthew 7:23 not mean anything to them?
    Their emphasis is on numbers, which they believe is the sign of success, and to become more politically correct, which brings in more numbers, You can't please God and lost man at the same time.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

I guess I just have to accept the fact that not everyone is in it for God. I just find it heart breaking that so many people are being deceived by these mega churches.

Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it.