Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mutant Mosquitoes

Default Mutant Mosquitoes

'Mutant' Mosquitoes Could Be Released in Florida

Oxitec, an insect controlling organization, is planning on releasing mutant mosquitoes in the Florida Keys, in an attempt to rid the world Dengue Fever. The disease is carried by the insects and is a leading cause of death in the tropics.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...TPAGE|featured

Yikes!
    Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ~ Matthew 6:19-21 ~

Israel

That's the kind of thing that never ends good.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    That's the kind of thing that never ends good.
    Oh, no. We have giant ones where we live (Texas) that even come out and bite in midday. Horrible things.
    The joy of the Lord is my strength

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

The skeeters are supposed to be sterile males that effectively cause the breeding population to die off. The males aren't the ones that feed on warm blooded types like people trying to enjoy a cookout.

Does kind of make 'ya wonder what they're gonna do with all the hungry bats....

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    The skeeters are supposed to be sterile males that effectively cause the breeding population to die off.
    I saw that movie, it ends with people running and screaming, cats being stepped on and women and children pushed out of the way.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    I saw that movie, it ends with people running and screaming, cats being stepped on and women and children pushed out of the way.
    Ya, what was it they said in jurasic park, life will find a way.

Have we learned nothing from the last 30 years of science fiction movies??
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

The skeeters are supposed to be sterile males that effectively cause the breeding population to die off. The males aren't the ones that feed on warm blooded types like people trying to enjoy a cookout.

Hmmm... they took a page from Satan and all his promotion of homosexuality to damage God's creation. The word abomination (or Obama-nation) comes to mind.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post
    Hmmm... they took a page from Satan and all his promotion of homosexuality to damage God's creation. The word abomination (or Obama-nation) comes to mind.

I think you misunderstand. The scientists didn't "create" homosexual males.

The sterile male mosquitoes breed with the females. The result is no little skeeters due to sterility not queerness.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

I think you misunderstand. The scientists didn't "create" homosexual males.

The sterile male mosquitoes breed with the females. The result is no little skeeters due to sterility not queerness.
    Ahhh, I see. They created eunuchs, so-to-speak.

gay mosquitoes? there goes my coffee

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    Homosquitoes. I'm glad I got that wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post

Way to go guys... you have just given them thier mascot. A skeeter with a rainbow behind it.

Yesss, along with other natural predators of the mosquito. http://www.mosquito-netting.com/predators.html
    Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ~ Matthew 6:19-21 ~

Quote Originally Posted by im4Jesus View Post
    Oh, no. We have giant ones where we live (Texas) that even come out and bite in midday. Horrible things.
    We always say you can tell if a mosquito or fly is from Texas.....they have "USAF" painted on their sides
    I stand with Israel, now and forever.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

We are in the Houston area and I went out to cut the grass during a reprieve from the rain yesterday around 10--trying to get it done before it went over 99--and I swear I had a target on my head, chest and back and was dive bombed by them!

They are ENORMOUS right now and they are biting HARD! It's horrible! Pray for me. I go out twice a week to mow these days and they seem to think I am a meal!

I have always considered them to be the state bird of Texas, personally.

You can bet a can of bugspray is coming on the Bible handouts.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post
    Homosquitoes. I'm glad I got that wrong!
    Dying laughing here!!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Quote Originally Posted by twisty58 View Post
    Dying laughing here!!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages!

I was trying so hard to contain myself here.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintTexas View Post
    We are in the Houston area and I went out to cut the grass during a reprieve from the rain yesterday around 10--trying to get it done before it went over 99--and I swear I had a target on my head, chest and back and was dive bombed by them!

They are ENORMOUS right now and they are biting HARD! It's horrible! Pray for me. I go out twice a week to mow these days and they seem to think I am a meal!

I have always considered them to be the state bird of Texas, personally.

Also hope you wash down in some sort of repellant. I use the stuff for babies because of sensitive skin, but it works!

Couldn't a childless mosquito couple just adopt?