Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Will we be able to speak to loved ones in heaven?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Havertown, PA
    Posts
    37

    Default Will we be able to speak to loved ones in heaven?

    I understand the chasm that has been set between us and God in Luke 16, so we cannot communicate with loved ones from planet earth. However I wonder whether or not we can communicate with loved ones once we are re-joined with them in heaven?

    I think I have read that we will recognize our loved ones and other believer's in Christ that we knew in our earthly lifetimes but what about actually commmunicating with them. Since there will be no more tears or sorrow, I also undertsand that most likely we will have no memory in heaven of our earthly lives, right? Just curious about this.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia in the body,New Jerusalem by faith:)
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Detail View Post
    I understand the chasm that has been set between us and God in Luke 16, so we cannot communicate with loved ones from planet earth. However I wonder whether or not we can communicate with loved ones once we are re-joined with them in heaven?

    I think I have read that we will recognize our loved ones and other believer's in Christ that we knew in our earthly lifetimes but what about actually commmunicating with them. Since there will be no more tears or sorrow, I also undertsand that most likely we will have no memory in heaven of our earthly lives, right? Just curious about this.

    Thanks in advance.
    Once in a glorified body we will do better than now,for sure,so i believe we will be able to communicate surely better than now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    7,008

    Default

    The first verse that comes to my mind is the one about how King David expected to see his deceased son:

    2 Sam 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

    I fully expect to communicate with my saved family and friends in Heaven. I am sooooo looking forward to that, especially since my Dad died a few years ago. I believe we will be able to visit as often as we like, for as long as we like, have meals together, do activities together and just have fabulous times together.

    "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    The first verse that comes to my mind is the one about how King David expected to see his deceased son:

    2 Sam 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

    I fully expect to communicate with my saved family and friends in Heaven. I am sooooo looking forward to that, especially since my Dad died a few years ago. I believe we will be able to visit as often as we like, for as long as we like, have meals together, do activities together and just have fabulous times together.
    I am so looking forward to this. Also looking forward to see my doggie again. I can just see her follow me around everywhere I go.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Up and away
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    If you get a chance, read Heaven by Randy Alcorn. He explains some great possiblilities but admits that some things can't be known for sure.

    Randy firmly believes that we will be in contact with those believers from our earthly lives and we'll be with the believers, past and future, that we don't know now.

    He believes that our earthly lives prepares us for our heavenly future life. It's one of the reasons that the things that touch our lives now, do so.

    The book is Biblically based and where Randy takes off on his own ideas, he clearly states it.

    Read it if you can, I'm into my third reading of it! It encourages me alot. Check in our book forum, I'm sure there is a thread about the book Heaven. (My rave reviews are in that thread too. )

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    If you get a chance, read Heaven by Randy Alcorn. He explains some great possiblilities but admits that some things can't be known for sure.

    Randy firmly believes that we will be in contact with those believers from our earthly lives and we'll be with the believers, past and future, that we don't know now.

    He believes that our earthly lives prepares us for our heavenly future life. It's one of the reasons that the things that touch our lives now, do so.

    The book is Biblically based and where Randy takes off on his own ideas, he clearly states it.

    Read it if you can, I'm into my third reading of it! It encourages me alot. Check in our book forum, I'm sure there is a thread about the book Heaven. (My rave reviews are in that thread too. )
    I totally agree, it's a great book! Thanks for the reminder. I have it packed away somewhere, and now I think I'll go find it and reread it.

    "...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Up and away
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HikerLady View Post
    I totally agree, it's a great book! Thanks for the reminder. I have it packed away somewhere, and now I think I'll go find it and reread it.
    It's one of my favorite all time books!

    I wanted to add the thread link:

    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1467...en+book+Alcorn

    I can't find the thread that I had commented in, it's possible that it got lost when RR did that site update a while back.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Enhanced communications:

    I Corinthians 13:12


    Ability to easily locate certain in-laws:

    Ecclesiastes 5:3

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Havertown, PA
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Thanks everyone! I think I will go out and try to find that book, "Heaven" you spoke of.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont
    Posts
    19,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Ability to easily locate certain in-laws:

    Ecclesiastes 5:3

    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •