Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are WE really THE generation to be Raptured?

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post

If you do or do not believe in the end times as in the board guidelines, rules and mission statement detail, then by all means, be open and honest about it with yourself and with others. We don't 'demand' anybody believe as we do. That is what we ask from all members, this is a fellowship of like minded believers. I think you are perhaps not 'getting' that point, it is a fellowship of like minded believers, we've never claimed otherwise.
    I guess the fact that we are all like-minded believers is really bothersome to you? We must be some sort of cult, right?

We do not consider it necessary to entertain alternate ideas about the rapture on this forum.

If you are trying to show us that our ideas about the rapture may be incorrect, I will allow our other more informed members to show you why we believe what we do. But, I doubt you are looking for truth as much as you are looking to sow seeds of doubt among us.

I am noticing that your first post is directly questioning our beliefs about the rapture. Why? Obviously, you felt we needed to be "corrected" from out cultish thinking.

Well, I for one love the people on this forum and that we are like-minded about the rapture. I have no desire to continue in this thread.
    Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

No testimony - from him.

I assume it's a him.

I shared mine. I guess he thought I wouldn't and CLEARLY has not read many of my posts.

I'm the "fanatic" the liberals have nightmares about, sharing my faith everywhere I go.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDave View Post
    I was recently talking with my grandpa about all the signs of the times that abound today.
    The bottom line is I know this world is tough, and downright unbearable at times, but escapism doesn't change the facts. I ache for the end of this wicked age, but we must not lose sight of Gods' timing versus what we want or THINK we see. The end might truly be near, and I sure hope it is, but like the folks who went through this in the 70's, the 50's, the 30's and even earlier, where will you be in 40 years (or longer) if the Lord tarries further?
    Thank you for your post.

Everything that needs to happen before the rapture has presented itself, except for the possibilities of:

• The Fall of Damascus.
    • We are watching the Islamisation of the Middle East as they regroup in their Arab Spring/Winter to surround Israel.
    • We are watching countries collapse economically and calling for a financial savior to rescue them.
    • The Euro is tanking and announces a need for a messiah.
    • The local church is infected with apostasy and is baring her open wound for a one world religion solution under the guise of sensual love and acceptance of all God and scripture forbids.

The world is actually waiting for us to leave because nothing else can happen and they can do nothing else before we are gone.

Here are some things we won't see before we are taken out of here:

• The world system financially collapses and unites under one economic banner.
    • A new world leader rises up to rescue the world from war and socio-economic collapse.
    • A new church leader rises up to unify all churches together under one banner of love and tolerance.
    • Israel builds and worships in their new temple in Jerusalem.
    • Israel is surrounded by nations for obliteration.

Which leads us back to our original question: "How long will our LORD tarry?"

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

I think one point the OP was trying to get across is that some folks tend to see "rapture" in every event that is happening at any given time. All the mod's plus many others continually point out that the rapture in imminent, not tied to anything else. Period.
    Right now we see a possible Isiah 17 scenario in Syria, so that seems to lead some to believe when and if Israel gets involved the rapture will happen. This may or may not be necessarily so. Israel could be involved in another conflict, defeat surrounding enemies, gain some land and settle into a pseudo peace for a few years, and we may still be here. No one knows.
    The bottom line is we need to stay in prayer, spread the gospel, and don't give away your last can of beans because of some world event, you may need them tomorrow.

I've re-read over the thread and I must say I feel like I should make an apology to the OP. I am sorry FloridaDave for basically accusing you of bad motives. It seems my comment sort-of set off a cascade of sorts. I'm weary of this world and excited at the same time, for I see a picture unfolding rapidly concerning the time we may have left. What you said, I believe, obviously hit a nerve around here - we are ready to go home because more and more, this old world isn't feeling like home anymore- at all. However, I must admit, that sometimes I wonder about the very things that you posted.

Perhaps we could start over and maybe discuss the "differences" there might be in what we are seeing now in comparison with what our previous generations saw. Again, I'm sorry for my curt reply to you. Usually discussion is kind, open and honest around here - this time, you may have been judged at little too soon and harshly. I hope you'll forgive and stick around. I don't doubt your salvation at all & your post about wanting others to possibly give evidence to the contrary of the OP for your own sake made me realize that I had mis-judged.

YBIC, RT

Quote Originally Posted by RT-here View Post
    Perhaps we could start over and maybe discuss the "differences" there might be in what we are seeing now in comparison with what our previous generations saw. Again, I'm sorry for my curt reply to you. Usually discussion is kind, open and honest around here - this time, you may have been judged at little too soon and harshly. I hope you'll forgive and stick around. I don't doubt your salvation at all & your post about wanting others to possibly give evidence to the contrary of the OP for your own sake made me realize that I had mis-judged.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by araj54 View Post
    I think one point the OP was trying to get across...
    Its important to be clear on all the points, else we will end up dragging all the points out, and it looks ugly. The OP was not clear on all the points.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Its important to be clear on all the points, else we will end up dragging all the points out, and it looks ugly. The OP was not clear on all the points.
    I give up.

> I think we are certainly seeing some unique signs in our day that previous generations didn't.

I agree. However, I have this nagging thought in the back of mind -- Doesn't the pattern also seem to indicate that future generations could see signs that we dont yet see, at least according to their interpretaions?

> I do not see a reverse of deteriorating world conditions from here on.

Good point. I dont see things going back to "normal" as well. We are strapped in for the ride at this point, however long it takes...

> Even many unbelievers are sensing and seeing many changes.

Change is not a sign, change has always been with us. We went from cave paintings, to the high renaissance, to the abstract, then on to the photo-realistic styles of today. Music changes, weather patterns change, our technology changes, our understanding of the world changes. Our understanding of scripture changes as well.

The ONLY constant is change!

> "And when these things BEGIN to come to pass"

They began over a hundred years ago at best.

> "can ye not discern the signs of the times?"

My great grandfather discerned the 'signs of the times' as per the understanding of his day, same as my pops and other older ones I have spoken with. Apparently , they were all wrong. I dont want to repeat their error in judgement. If we fail to learn from history, then we will repeat the same errors.

> "Now learn a parable of the fig tree"

But Luke says "Behold the fig tree and ALL the trees". Even if the fig tree does speak of Israel, Jesus actually said "look at ALL the trees" and then talks about how budding leaves are a sign of summer.

> "This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

Why do scholars, the NASB, and Youngs Analytical Concordance refer to the word "generation" as meaning "race" in this instance? If it means a group of people living within a particular era, then they have all died already. My grandfather remembers his dad talking about the same stuff we do today, even the potential birth of Israel (Balfour declaration). I HATE sounding like a "scoffer" but it is the truth!

> the last generation can certainly 'know'.

1 John 2:18: 'Children, it IS the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this WE KNOW that it IS the last hour.'

> We wisely plan for our future here on earth but remain hopeful that He could call us home at any minute.

I agree 100%. I hope for the best, but plan for the worst. I have to tell you though, I am getting very tired of this world and all the garbage that comes along with it. There was soooooo much potential in this creation. I cant believe how far it has fallen and that we are still here grinding it out.
    Okay I'm not really sure what is troubling you. You are open to the possiblity that we are that generation? You seem to agree we are in the season, even if that season has spanned some 100 years so far, yes? But not sure how much longer that season can go on for, looking forward? It could go on for another 40 years or more as mentioned in the OP?

The truth is, yes it well could continue for another 40 years or more, seriously. I shudder at what kind of world will would be living in, if we get to the year 2050, but I have considered it.

When I mentioned change, I should of clarified that it is the speed of change that is seemingly striking in these times. Changes across all areas of human encounter and experience - political, economical, environmental, technological, social, moral, and even spiritual - much on a global scale. An eerie and I suggest, beyond mere coincidental convergence of events.

No doubt generations of the past saw unprecedented changes for their contemporaries. Roughly 100 years ago the world experienced its first modern world war which led to social and economic conditions that brought on the rise of extreme politics in 1930s, which further led on to and triggered the second world war. The aftermath of which led to the creation of the Bretton Woods system of fresh global infrastructure and a 'new world order' as it was heralded at the time. The birth of Israel as a nation several years later in May 1948.

The Bretton Woods system is now deteriorating and crumbling. The next 'system' could well be that that requires strong and consolidated global leadership in light of the current failings of leadership we see now and continuing global problems - a global response to global problems brought about by a restructure of the global political and economic world order, as many articles of which we have cited in these forums have announced as such.

Again as I mentioned earlier, a new political and economic framework that is accommodating to the rise of a world leader as we see the current system in demise and crumbling.

Whether the current transformation is that leading to the poltical, economic and government structures we see outlined in the books of Daniel and Revelation is to be seen. But given both historical and current world events, it suggests that such a paradigm is appearing much more likely. Even other developments such as the extreme weather events we are seeing at seemingly increased frequency are indicative of the very extreme weather events we see in Revelation.

There's just so many converging events currently that it would be really quite short sighted to be dismissive of the possibility that we are the generation to see "these things" and not be prompted to "look up for your redemption draws near".

Quote Originally Posted by araj54 View Post
    I give up.
    Well ok, I liked what you said in your post anyway.

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

I was recently talking with my grandpa about all the signs of the times that abound today. We talked for a good while and he ended up giving me an interesting history lesson as he remembers it.
    Now, by the usage of the word 'generation' I am simply describing the events of their lives from the age of 20 to 50 (give or take). After 50 it is safe to say the next generation has taken hold as the primary generation of the day. These years only apply to my family ages, your grandpa may have lived in a different period of time, but that doesn't change the message I am attempting to convey. Note: each event within each generation is not listed in chronological order.

Great grandparents generation (1900 - 1930):

Great Quake of '09 (There will be earthquakes)
    WWI (Global war, birth of chemical warfare)
    Spanish Flu (Global pandemic kills tens of millions)
    Balfour Declaration (Birth of the re-establishment of Israel in holy land)
    League of nations (Birth of global government)
    Great depression (Economic collapse)
    Birth of powered flight and personal automobiles (People moving to and fro)
    Major leaps in science e.g. Theory of relativity, electricity harnessed (Explosions of knowledge)
    New understandings of scripture e.g. rapture understanding spreads, and prophecy students abound (Explosion of knowledge)
    Telephone becomes widely available (Light speed, long distance communication - explosion of knowledge)

Grandparents generation (1930 - 1960):

Born into a depression (Economic hardships, work all day for a loaf of bread)
    Social Security numbers (Mark of beast technologies)
    Polio (Outbreaks and pandemics)
    WWII (Yet another global war)
    Hitler (An anti-christ arises) attempting to exterminate Jews (Also Mussolini and Stalin)
    Birth of Nuclear potential (Actual destruction of world is now possible, and pardon the pun, explosion of knowledge)
    Birth of Israel (Dried bones come to life and birth of a nation in a day)
    UN (Re-birth of global government)
    Birth of jet aircraft (Moving to and fro at faster speeds)
    Radio becomes widely available (Taking the gospel abroad, and light-speed communication)

Parents generation (1960 - 1990):

Cuban missile crises, Nuclear WWIII rumors (Legitimate fear of global destruction, rumors of wars)
    Common place commercial air travel, Space travel (People moving to and fro - explosion of knowledge)
    TV becomes widely available (Taking the gospel abroad, and the ability for the world to watch live event i.e. two witnesses)
    Israel at war with Syria, Egypt and Jordan. (Israel being surrounded by enemies)
    Moral Decay (Free Love, explosion of drug use, beginning of homosexual acceptance, abortion becomes a right)
    Birth of Jesus movement (Taking the gospel to the ends of the earth before the end comes)
    Aids (Global pandemic kills tens of millions)
    Jim Jones and other false Christs arise
    Europe beginning to unite via trade treaties (Global governance and possible 10 kingdoms)
    Fall of communism (Peace and security)
    Birth of the computer age, in addition barcodes and credit cards (Mark of Beast technologies)

My generation (1990 - )

Internet becomes widely available (Explosion of knowledge)
    Birth of cashless society (Mark of beast technologies, global currency)
    Global economic depression/recession
    Russia and middle east players lining up against Israel (Psalms 83, Ezekiel 37 etc)
    Strange weather phenomena i.e. floods, hail, earthquake and volcanic activity (Roaring of waves, columns of smoke)
    Christians being ostracised for expressing anti-gay beliefs (Moral decay)
    Christians being arrested/fined for holding studies at home (The world will hate you)
    Swine flu, SARS etc (Outbreaks and pandemics)

Each of these generations looked around and saw the 'signs of the times' as they interpreted them...just as we do today. Each generation has dealt with:

1) Global wars and rumors of wars
    2) Explosions of knowledge that lead to a faster spread of information and communication
    3) An increase in travel speeds and distances
    4) Health outbreaks and pandemics
    5) Issues with Israel (Re-establishment and problems with neighbours)
    6) Pushes towards global government
    7) Economic hardships and collapses
    8) A presumed 'mark of beast' technology
    9) Scoffers (correctly) saying that prior generations saw and felt the same things
    10) Etcetera...

Now, I was recently watching an old movie from 1972 entitled, 'Thief in the night'. It is about the end times and I found it interesting that the folks in this movie were certain that the end was any day now. All the signs were present...and 40 years later we are still here. I sure feel bad for the folks that gave up careers, families, education and didn't bother planning for retirement because they were certain the end was right around the corner -- after all, they saw signs.

The bottom line is I know this world is tough, and downright unbearable at times, but escapism doesn't change the facts. I ache for the end of this wicked age, but we must not lose sight of Gods' timing versus what we want or THINK we see. The end might truly be near, and I sure hope it is, but like the folks who went through this in the 70's, the 50's, the 30's and even earlier, where will you be in 40 years (or longer) if the Lord tarries further?
    Thank you for your post, FloridaDave (hopefully you are still reading this thread...).

I've wondered some of the same things you have mentioned. In fact, it was only a few years ago when I firmly landed on the Pre-Trib Rapture belief. Many different things played into this decision - some of which I really can't discuss on this baord. If I'm wrong, the Lord has already forgiven me. But I really don't think I am wrong. I spent a season of my life earnestly seeking His guidance about end times eschatology. He so graciously answered my prayers.

Regarding the main point of your OP: People always talk about knowing the season, which those of us on this board believe we are in - including me. As people, we are so impatient...but I contend that we have been in the season since for quite some time, even since the 1900s! No one every said a season would only be a few years - or even a decade or two. This is God's timeline we are on, after all...He is perfectly patient.

Of course, some signs are more prominent than others, including Israel becoming a nation, not to mention the moral decay or the world and the apostasy going on in churches today. I think you are correct to point out all of the signs than have been present over the past 100 years...it's been quite a season so far, hasn't it!

But even as seasons approach, we notice things. For example, as Fall edges closer to Winter, we tend to see more cold days than we did earlier in the Fall - kind of like the birth pangs. Even without the calendar, we would know we were getting closer to Winter simply because the days were colder, the frosts were harder, and the leaves were changing color and falling off the trees. (Note, this analogy will only be understood by those living in less temperate climates...sorry for that...) In fact, When we first begin to experience Summer, as time goes on we get closer to Winter...

I guess my point here is that a season can be a long time, and though there have been many signs throughout the decades, I believe they are increasing in both intensity and frequency. Statistical analysis has been done in this regard if you'd like to look...

Finally, the Lord Himself directs us to watch for his Return. It's not optional, and we are to be rewarded for this. As a side note, one of the benefits of obeying this command is that it's much easier to keep things in eternal perspective when we remind ourselves that God is still in control down here, even when things seem to be chaotically spiraling out of control.

I love to look for the Return of the Lord Jesus Christ. In fact I long for his return. Lately it's become a rather wistful longing. I am impatient! But I am sustained by Him...He is good to place in my life and path fellow believers who strengthen me. That is one reason I come to this board. There are others here who both encourage and need encouragement. I try to take advantage, if you will, of both!

Since you said you were looking for some encouragement, here is what comes to mind: John 16:33I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Do not be discouraged, FloridaDave. I'm certain your Grandpa was sharing with you his heart, and it was so good of him to do! It also shows your respect for him that you are considering his words. Take care, and may God Bless you.

Florida Dave, just one point from my personal point of view I would like to share on the point of escapism. I may be one of the board's most vocal and optimistic members here on the soon return of Jesus as in the next year or two. I can't wait yet I live a very blessed life. I have no problems with my wife or kids (all grown). I love them and my grandson dearly and they love me! I have a thriving business of 31 years and love what I do. I am an elder in my church and absolutely love the fellowship and preaching there. I did recently have a health issue that has been corrected via surgery and now to the best of knowledge am completely healthy. In other words I live about as good a life as is humanly possible. I am very content. I continue to live my life to the full...yet I would gladly give up what I have here in a heart beat to see Jesus face to face an fall at His feat and worship him eternally. Whatever we have here will be 1000 times better in heaven at the wedding feast and the marriage supper of the land. I'm heavenly minded but I still am building with gold, silver and precious stones on the firm foundation of Jesus until he comes! No escapism here just in love with my Lord and savior. Thank you Jesus for paying for my sin debt that I could never pay for on my own!
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Ok, lets do this. A little background first perhaps, this is sort of what I think when I see a post in this forum.

I assume you are a believer, else you should not even be posting in this area of the board.
    I assume you believe in the imminent return of Christ to take His Bride in the Rapture, else you should not post your alternative view, including snide comments, veiled accusations or passive aggressive postings. (plenty of other places on the net for that)
    I assume you will not date set or date frame, and your desire and earnestness to be with the Lord is not dependent upon whether the rapture happens today, or years from now.

All in the rules for posting, or implied, btw.

You already have testimony of long time watchers, and I am another, none of us folded back when it didn't happen in 88, 84, 76, or even some dates earlier that I can't remember.

I also expect that if someone, brand new, comes here and challenges the board, they will have the guts to defend what they say, and not get whiney or angry. You would not stand for someone new coming to your church and causing havoc in the fellowship, not that this thread is that, but you get the idea. We are upfront, honest and dedicated to keeping this board a safe haven for those of us who long for His appearing. Lots of people ask questions on this board, all kinds of questions on all kinds of subjects. A few who come here think most here are just 'escapists', which is so pathetic its not worth arguing. Its more the accusation, rather than an admonition. Admonitions are (usually) ok, accusations are not. It seems the OP implied an admonition.

Now, what are your questions? We have many informed believers here who want to help those who are honest and sincere in seeking answers.

I am not brand new, nor whiney Those are personal attacks. I am and have been a born again for many years. Like others here I await the day of my savior with great anticipation! I am pretrib and believe in all the board believes. However I also believe that someone should be able to say something w/o getting their hand smacked. What you have just said about me kind of makes me wonder....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkye View Post
    I am not brand new, nor whiney Those are personal attacks. I am and have been a born again for many years. Like others here I await the day of my savior with great anticipation! I am pretrib and believe in all the board believes. However I also believe that someone should be able to say something w/o getting their hand smacked. What you have just said about me kind of makes me wonder....
    If you want to say he got his hand slapped, it happened when he referred to us as cult-like a few times. Free speech here does not extend that far, sorry.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkye View Post
    I am not brand new, nor whiney Those are personal attacks.
    Well, I wasn't referring to you when I wrote it. I was referring to people who get overly angry when questioned, or are overly sensitive. Besides, it was not a personal attack, it was a blunt observation. I use "you" as in anyone, in my post. A personal attack would be me saying his mother wears army boots. Nowadays, it could be true though.

Well, I wasn't referring to you when I wrote it. I was referring to people who get overly angry when questioned, or are overly sensitive. Besides, it was not a personal attack, it was a blunt observation. I use "you" as in anyone, in my post. A personal attack would be me saying his mother wears army boots. Nowadays, it could be true though.
    Haha true!!

As Dottie Rambo phrased it, "If this is a dream friend, let me dream on!" Only good things in the Christian's life can come from expecting Jesus to return at any moment. It motivates us to witness. It purifies and encourages holy living. It provides us with hope when life is difficult. It causes us to search the Scriptures so we are educated watchers. It encourages us to fellowship one with another. What harm is that for any generation? Rapture watching is my hobby--I love to think about it, read about it, and pray about it. I love my Savoiur, and I want to see His lovely face! If it happens in my lifetime great, if not great, I sure had fun dreamin'!

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    I was remembering last night that back in the '70s there was enough going on that it seemed the Rapture could certainly happen then, I was seized with anticipation.

Certainly every generation has seen evil in the world.

It was also so in Paul's day, so much so that there was a false teaching that the Rapture had already happened.

I think that's so every generation of believers are watching.

Yet never have so many signs been at the same time as right now. There is not much left to our imaginations as to how the events in the Trib will go. Looking back, that wasn't true of the '70s.

That said, remember that the Rapture is a signless and imminent event. It's the start of the Trib that needs all the things setcup that we are seeing today. Not the Rapture.

I think that's an excellent point iSong, (bolded part) I never thought of past events in that way!
    Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. (John 4:14)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Australia in the body,New Jerusalem by faith:)

Grace and Peace ...

We know that our Great Lord is Faithful.
    He keeps His Word,because His Word is true.He keeps His Word according to His plan,Master's Plan I mean...and we can all bank on Him...
    The rapture is going to take place exactly at His appointed time,and in my opinion there is not the slightest chance that we can know in advance when that exact moment will be,but we can be sure that it will happen because He has planned and He has told us to trust Him and not to be troubled....I wonder,did Jesus say "let not your heart be troubled..."
    ( John 14
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    The Way, the Truth, and the Life

14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.)
    I believe that He said that to His first disciples but also to all the disciples of all ages because this world is a dark place and we all can easily get troubled...so we need His Word to encourage us and sustain us.....after all we are still in this ageing bodies and our minds can get really worried sick when we go through life down here.....would to God He would have taken us home the very instant we got saved...but He is wiser that that,and we better humbly submit to His choices....He is very very wise and surely smarter than me!

I read that many make reference to Matthew 24 so called Olivet discourse and as much as I have studied that ( I was born in 1949,saved in 1972)
    I see that discourse related to Israel during the Great Tribulation...the Bride has been already raptured...that how I see it....

Evidently the rebirth of Israel is a 20th century miracle once we realize that since 70 AD Israel has been scattered worldwide and they have been in diaspora...
    So we do well to keep our attention on Israel and the Middle East events...the pace is increasing...we are rapidly approaching to some sort of big war and events there which surely will involve and effect the entire world.....

I particularly like what Buzz says:

Everything that needs to happen before the rapture has presented itself, except for the possibilities of:

The Fall of Damascus.
    We are watching the Islamisation of the Middle East as they regroup in their Arab Spring/Winter to surround Israel.
    We are watching countries collapse economically and calling for a financial savior to rescue them.
    The Euro is tanking and announces a need for a messiah.
    The local church is infected with apostasy and is baring her open wound for a one world religion solution under the guise of sensual love and acceptance of all God and scripture forbids.

The world is actually waiting for us to leave because nothing else can happen and they can do nothing else before we are gone.

Here are some things we won't see before we are taken out of here:

The world system financially collapses and unites under one economic banner.
    A new world leader rises up to rescue the world from war and socio-economic collapse.
    A new church leader rises up to unify all churches together under one banner of love and tolerance.
    Israel builds and worships in their new temple in Jerusalem.
    Israel is surrounded by nations for obliteration.

Which leads us back to our original question: "How long will our LORD tarry?"( end quote).
    So,given the situation,let us continue to pray,watch and pray ( not to be worthy,because HIS BLOOD has made us worthy)but just to keep doing the right thing ( we have been saved by Grace through faith,not works as we all know here) and preach His Word announcing His SALVATION to anyone who believe,and surely when the number is reached ( and The lord is the only One Who knows that) He is going to take His Bride and home with go with Jesus ...
    so...let's not fret.....

JESUS IS COMING,MARANATHA!

Psalm 90

Psalm 90
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    BOOK FOUR: Psalms 90—106

The Eternity of God, and Man’s Frailty

A Prayer of Moses the man of God.

90 Lord, You have been our dwelling place[a] in all generations.
    2 Before the mountains were brought forth,
    Or ever You had formed the earth and the world,
    Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.
    3 You turn man to destruction,
    And say, “Return, O children of men.”
    4 For a thousand years in Your sight
    Are like yesterday when it is past,
    And like a watch in the night.

5 You carry them away like a flood;
    They are like a sleep.
    In the morning they are like grass which grows up:
    6 In the morning it flourishes and grows up;
    In the evening it is cut down and withers.
    7 For we have been consumed by Your anger,
    And by Your wrath we are terrified.
    8 You have set our iniquities before You,
    Our secret sins in the light of Your countenance.
    9 For all our days have passed away in Your wrath;
    We finish our years like a sigh.
    10 The days of our lives are seventy years;
    And if by reason of strength they are eighty years,
    Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;
    For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
    11 Who knows the power of Your anger?
    For as the fear of You, so is Your wrath.
    12 So teach us to number our days,
    That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
    13 Return, O Lord!
    How long?

And have compassion on Your servants.
    14 Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy,
    That we may rejoice and be glad all our days!
    15 Make us glad according to the days in which You have afflicted us,
    The years in which we have seen evil.
    16 Let Your work appear to Your servants,
    And Your glory to their children.
    17 And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
    And establish the work of our hands for us;
    Yes, establish the work of our hands.

To the OP- FloridaDave. Your post was really thought provoking and I totally understood what you meant. My sweet aunt, who went to be with the Lord last year at age 91, always, always talked about Jesus returning. She would go out onto her porch, and look into the starry sky, and say "Lord, could this be the night?" When she realized that she was dying and she knew she would be with Jesus, but she said "I just wanted to be here and see him coming in the sky." We assured her that her new body would be meeting him in the air, maybe a second or two before the rest of us."

But I did have a question: The verse that people refer to in Matthew where it talks about "This generation will not pass away until all these things are fulfilled." Many people believe that means that the generation that sees Israel become a nation will be the generation that is alive when Jesus returns. But- I have heard others say that this is referring to the generation that sees the Tribulation, and that Jesus is saying that this generation will be alive when He returns at the end of the Battle of Armageddon (when those that have been raptured come with Him)

What do you all think? Do we know for sure that it means those that see Israel become a nation will be the generation that witnesses the return of Jesus?