Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Satan's Seat" (the Altar of Pergamon) in Berlin

Apostasy "Satan's Seat" (the Altar of Pergamon) in Berlin

Mods, move if in wrong place. It just further validates the authenticity of God's Word regarding Prophecy. That's why I put it here.

Never knew that this actually, physically existed.

Rev 2:12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
    Rev 2:13 I know thy works and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
    The actual altar, found in the city of Pergamos, was brought to the Pergamon Museum in Berlin. Same place where the Ishtar Gate is housed.

Short video here: http://www.smb.museum/smb/standorte/...n&objID=27&p=2

Antipas was martyred at the Altar.

I mention this because it is found in Revelation. Don't know how it could play out when the A/C is here. Might not. We won't be here to witness it.

Also called, "The Zeus Altar". http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/Arts/ZeusAltar.htm

"Gaia" is also featured prominently.

Right under our noses the whole time.

I love things like this!

"A double minded man
    is unstable in all his ways."

James 1:8

One of the most disturbing effects of the world's fascination with all things supernatural (except for Jesus) is the impact on our children through video games and entertainment based on the ancient influences referenced in the video:

Dungeons and Dragons
    Masters of the Universe
    World of Warcraft
    Innumerable violence/combat games
    Vampirism
    Werewolves (for teens of course)
    Harry Potter
    Bioshock
    Grand Theft Auto
    Wizards/Witches
    The Hunger Games
    Zombies

Anybody here old enough to remember "O Mighty Isis" (Saturday morning kid's show)?

It's bad enough that electronics has transformed many of our children into obese, drooling couch potatoes. Edison and Tesla never intended video devil worship.

How crazy is that!! They get the alter just in time to inspire Hitler!!! I can't believe how they put people in the bull and cooked them alive!! Pure evil!!

Thank you for sharing this!! Very interesting!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I don't mean to go off topic.... I have heard that Hitler got a hold of the spear of destiny while he was reigning Germany and all... He was really obsessed with the occult powers.

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    I don't mean to go off topic.... I have heard that Hitler got a hold of the spear of destiny while he was reigning Germany and all... He was really obsessed with the occult powers.

True. Another of his fascinations were the quatrains of Nostradamus. A long time ago I saw a TV show that said during WW II, both Germany and America used a lot of quatrains in the news reels to show that the victory would be their's.

Another thing about Hitler, he was raised a roman catholic and most of us are very familiar with the occultism that permeates this false religion. I wonder if that had anything to do with his love of the occult.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

I understand that the United States currently holds the "Spear of Longinus."

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohChurch View Post
    I'm really scratching my head here wondering how a pilum from a Roman Legionary (or Auxiliary), that was used almost 2,000 years ago on what the Romans thought was just another Jewish Revolutionary, would survive the test of time and become a relic....

Whatever "spear" they have I'm sure it's not the one that pierced our Lord's heart.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

The private domicile of chancellor Angela Merkel is face to face with the Pergamon Museum.

Berlin's mayor, Klaus Wowereit, announced live on TV, while running for mayor of Berlin: “I am gay – and that is alright.”
    He also said: “Berlin is poor but sexy” (now an unofficial slogan for Berlin). The city-state’s debt now stands at 70% of GDP and unemployment seems stuck at 19%.

Quote Originally Posted by cbressler1976 View Post
    I can't believe how they put people in the bull and cooked them alive!! Pure evil!!

Just as evil as Moloch.

Moloch was a huge, hollow bronze statue with the head of a bull. Inside was a fire burning which colored the Moloch a glowing red. Children were placed on the hands of the statue. Through a mechanism the hands were raised to the mouth (as if Moloch were eating) and the children fell into the fire. The children would roast to death as the priests blew trumpets to mask the screams of the babies.

By the way: The name "Cannibal" (Cahna Baal, the Chaldean word for priest is “Cahna”) is a word which means "Baal Priest" and may be derived from the name "Tubal-Cain". This priesthood had to do with consuming of human flesh, mostly little children. The literal meaning of "bonfire" is "bone fire" [M.E. bonefyre, bone fire, later funeral pyre] because such a ritual fire came from the sacrifice of humans.

It was Solomon who was the first of the kings of Israel to allow the sacrifice of children.

"For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the children of Ammonites.... Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon" (1 Ki.11:5-8). This hill he built was in the valley of the son of Hinnom. This area lies at the entry of the east gate of Jerusalem (Jer.19:2).

Psalm 106:28 says, "They joined themselves also unto Baalpeor, and ate the sacrifices of the dead. Thus they provoked Him to anger." (Eucharistic cannibalism).

Jeremiah 19:5-6 says, "They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind: Therefore ... this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the valley of slaughter."

In one such high place, an archaeologist found "great numbers of jars containing the remains of children who had been sacrificed to Baal. The whole area proved to be a cemetery for new-born babes" (p.166, Halley's Bible Handbook; cp. p.198).

No wonder Elijah executed the prophets of Baal (1 Ki.18:40) and Jehu exterminated Baalism (2 Ki.10:11). This is one reason God commanded the nation of Israel to destroy the Canaanites (Deut.18:10-12). Life is the gift of God (Ps.127:3). Only God has the right to give or take an innocent life (Deut.32:39). He says, "Do not kill the innocent ... for I will not acquit the guilty" (Ex.23:7).

The sacramental food of Roman Catholics is to this day called the "Hostia" - like hostage - meaning "the victim". But today instead of a child it is a small round cake (a Sun wafer) with a cross on it and reverently worshipped as "Jesus" or "God".

As the Catholic "saint", Alphonsus de Liguori wrote regarding the communion: "in obedience to the words of his priests - Hoc est Corpus Meum - God himself descends on the altar ... they may if they choose, eat his flesh, and give him for food".

When the Catholic priest blesses the bread and wine, he says the Latin words: "Hoc est corpus meum". In view of the fact that no change takes place, one can understand how the expression "hocus-pocus" originated with these words. An old custom at Christmas is to bake gingerbread men and eat them. This can be traced back to cannibalism and human sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohChurch View Post
    Is that the same as the spear of destiny?

That was very informative Ovicula.
    I learned a lot from your post. It made me slightly ill, but I learned a lot.
    One Day He's Coming! Oh Glorious Day!

Thanks Ovicula for the info!!! Wow...so much evil!!! It is sickening!!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Default We are definitely on the cusp.

I'm so baffled that we are still here. Everything the great tribulation needs to have in place to take place is available and ready to go, or already going.

I guess we hurry up and wait a while longer until the full number of the redeemed from the church age come into the fold. It will all happen in God's perfect timing. I'm just overly anxious to get me outta here!

But He knows that!
    Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
    New International Version (©1984)
    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

And this altar is what 0 copied for his big convention speech in 2008. He just likes poking Christians in the eye; I'm sure he thinks he is really clever.

Why are the hunger games considered evil like Harry potter?
    "For the wages of sin is DEATH but the gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE through JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD" Romans 6:23

Quote Originally Posted by Jamar643 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games

Not sure where your question came from but maybe the Wiki can help.
    Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
    New International Version (©1984)
    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Maybe you should read through the thread on this board about The Hunger Games. Just do a search for *What do you think about Hunger Games* posted March 24th, 2012. You will find quite a range of views.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    One of the most disturbing effects of the world's fascination with all things supernatural (except for Jesus) is the impact on our children through video games and entertainment based on the ancient influences referenced in the video:

Dungeons and Dragons
    Masters of the Universe
    World of Warcraft
    Innumerable violence/combat games
    Vampirism
    Werewolves (for teens of course)
    Harry Potter
    Bioshock
    Grand Theft Auto
    Wizards/Witches
    The Hunger Games
    Zombies

Anybody here old enough to remember "O Mighty Isis" (Saturday morning kid's show)?

It's bad enough that electronics has transformed many of our children into obese, drooling couch potatoes. Edison and Tesla never intended video devil worship.
    My question came from here
    "For the wages of sin is DEATH but the gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE through JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD" Romans 6:23

Pardon the I read them, and though they are chilling and disturbing, I wouldn't exactly call them evil, though the government definitely is evil in the series. It is what COULD happen, if America fell, and a corrupting central government seized power and stripped people of their freedom. Of course, that is exactly what happened to bring about those horrific hunger games. I read the series as what it would be like if people had no concept of God whatsoever. In the books, there was not a single reference or utterance of God or hell. There wasn't even a "thank God" or "Oh my God"--not a one. It was if the government just "erased" God. It was also like a peek into just a few minutes of the Tribulation. (side note: of course that little subtlety was lost on Hollywood, so in the movie they injected a few "Oh my God"s and a "What the h***". ) I can totally see pitting kids against each other (to fight to the death!) for television entertainment. I have to say that the end of the series was disappointing to me. I would have liked to have seen a spark of the Divine--for them to realize where their "heart" came from. I have written my own ending of the series (in my head ), and when the rebels take over the Capitol, Katniss finds a Bible and becomes a believer. She shares her Bible with Peeta and Gale, and they start a Bible Study. *sigh* What could have been.

Sorry about the thread-jack.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

There was a time when we were all His enemies, each one seeking his or her own.

Pray dillegently. For self, for family, for neighbors, for governments over us. Pray continuiously.

And as often as you can, performs acts of love, giving thanks to the One who loved us first...

while still His enemies.

Thanks Ovicula. You remind me of the very real enemy in this world and his greatest power: an unregenerated heart.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Attachment 3685Like someone above said, Obama used a remake of this altar for the backdrop at his Nomination in Denver. Its like he spits in the face of God and shakes his fist heavenward and thinks he can get away with it....

If pic is too small, you just type in 'Obama Denver Stadium' into Google to see it in a bigger picture.
    The Road To New Jerusalem