Thread: Zeus in the Bible

Default Zeus in the Bible

im just curious because the bible in fact mentioned God's "battle" against chief gods of the times. he indeed dominated the egyptian gods and the pharaoh, son of Ra disrupted Ra's solar energy. he defeated the likes of baal through elijah vs. the 400 baalian prophets and i just want to know whether Zeus is mentioned because one book called the kingdom of the occult if im not mistaken mentioned that Satan has his headquarters at Perganium where Zeus worship is rampant. i just want you people to clear up on this issue. God bless and thank you.

Acts 14:12

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

And they began calling Barnabas, Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker.

Of course their is only one God... some created beings that may wannabe, but only one"I Am".
    Tall Timbers

The Bible mentions "gods many and lords many" but it is speaking of many so-called gods. The bible mentions for example the "Prince of Persia" which is a demon that was over Babylon/Chaldea that Michael fought against. Not a god.

Deut 32:17 says it well and so does Ps 106:36.

There is only one true God, the true Power and Glory.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

1Cr 8:4
    As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.

Paul makes it clear that God is the only God and that gods like Zeus were made up, and did not really exist but thought of as real none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by kjlistrom View Post
    1Cr 8:4
    As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.

Paul makes it clear that God is the only God and that gods like Zeus were made up, and did not really exist but thought of as real none the less.

My personal opinion is that the Greek/Roman/Egyptian 'gods' were fallen angels pretending to be gods. God eventually chained them up some time after the flood. There are many ancient legends of 'gods' coming to earth and providing us 'knowledge' and leading us astray. I also believe that this is where we get tales like Hercules, or maybe they aren't tales.