Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Test

It's The Law

This tract addresses the 10 Commandments, Moses and the 10 plagues in Egypt.
    http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/5007/5007_01.asp

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

I received my package from Living Waters yesterday. I had ordered a package of their one-million-dollar-bill tracts [they look almost like real money on the front; the Gospel message on the back is rather small, but they're pretty cool].

I also ordered a sample-tract assortment. I still have several more to read, but they have a really interesting collection. For example: optical-illusion tracts; a ticket to Heaven; business-card-sized tracts; an almost real-looking card-stock wallet with fake money sticking out; a round TUIT; several money tracts (including an oversized 100-dollar bill and an oversized 1000-dollar bill); a 10 Commandments coin; a tract on how science confirms the Bible; a Smart-card-type faux credit card; fun, fill-in the blank intelligence tests (even a scratch-off-the-answers test); Spanish tracts; pro-life tracts; an atheist test booklet (interesting approach to addressing "design" and the existence of God); an Are-You-A-Good-Person? comic tract; a 101 funny one-liners tract; a miniature 10 Commandments memory booklet for kids; other mini-booklets; a Titanic tract, and more. There are so many good ones, it is going to be hard to decide which ones to order more of!

Tract Sample Pack
    $5 for about 50 different tracts
    http://www.livingwaters.com/index.ph...art&Itemid=199 [item #200]

Million Dollar Bill Tract
    $5 for 100
    http://www.livingwaters.com/index.ph...id=199&lang=en [item #298]

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Think I'll start posting links to some of those tracts.

The Atheist Test

Like I said above, this one has an interesting approach to addressing "design" and the existence of God

http://www.livingwaters.com/index.ph...id=199&lang=en

______

Science Confirms the Bible

This tract lists a dozen scientific facts that scientists eventually learned and what scientists used to think about those matters. Interesting.

______

I had to take a peak to see why there were so many responses to a "test" post... Bless you all.
    Tall Timbers

God bless you, too, TT!
    - - - - - -
    Do any of you know anyone who has heard the Gospel message, but when it comes to accepting the free gift of salvation, they have never gotten "a round to it"? Here's a tract for them:

Round TUIT

P.S. However, I would recommend you write Romans 10:9 on the edge or hand them out with something that tells what to say to accept Jesus.

______

A good ministry for men:

Promise Keepers

5600 S. Quebec St., STE 200 D, Greenwood Village, CO 80111 (866)776-6473
    www.promisekeepers.org.
    Estab. 1990. “Christ-centered ministry dedicated to uniting men through vital relationships to become godly influences in their world.” Emphasizes a closer walk with God in one's life; includes integrity in the workplace, family values, proper business etiquette, accountability, reconciliation and men's discipleship. Nationwide and Canada.

______

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I had to take a peak to see why there were so many responses to a "test" post... Bless you all.
    She answers herself too.

How could Methuselah live to be 969 years old?

Methuselah was the oldest man who ever lived. Before the flood of Noah, the average lifespan of mankind was a little over 900 years! Adam lived to be 930 years old (Gen 5:5). Noah lived to be 950 years old (Gen 9:29). Methuselah, who died shortly before the Noachian flood, lived to be 969 years old!

How could this be? First, remember that God is omnipotent (all-powerful). He created nature and natural laws. Although He does not have to work through the natural laws that He created, He often does. This may be a very good example. You see, many creation scientists believe that before the flood, there was a thick water-vapor canopy in the sky all around the earth. These were the waters above the earth that became the rain of the flood (Gen 1:6-8, 7:11). The loss of this protective canopy is thought to be largely responsible for the great reduction in man’s average life expectancy.

Why? This canopy would have produced a fairly even temperature all over the earth, like in a greenhouse. The canopy would also have helped protect people by screening out some of the more harmful cosmic rays of the sun that may later have caused mutations in human genes, bacteria and other living things. Bacteria which may have been harmless to humans before the flood, may have become dangerous after the flood, promoting disease. Another thing the canopy would have done was increased the atmospheric pressure on the surface of the earth. Increased atmospheric pressure helps bodies absorb more oxygen, fight disease, fight infection, heal injuries faster, improve breathing and improve blood circulation--among many other good things. No wonder man lived so long in those days! At some point after the flood, the Lord changed the average lifespan to 70-80 years.1

Gen 5:27 Altogether, Methuselah lived 969 years, and then he died.

Ps 90:10 The length of our days is seventy years--or eighty, if we have the strength . . .

Gen 1:6-8 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God called the expanse "sky." . . .

1 Robert W. Faid, A Scientific Approach to Biblical Mysteries/A Scientific Approach to More Biblical Mysteries (Carmel, NY: Guideposts, 1993) 33-46.

______

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    How could Methuselah live to be 969 years old?

Methuselah was the oldest man who ever lived. Before the flood of Noah, the average lifespan of mankind was a little over 900 years! Adam lived to be 930 years old (Gen 5:5). Noah lived to be 950 years old (Gen 9:29). Methuselah, who died shortly before the Noachian flood, lived to be 969 years old!

How could this be? First, remember that God is omnipotent (all-powerful). He created nature and natural laws. Although He does not have to work through the natural laws that He created, He often does. This may be a very good example. You see, many creation scientists believe that before the flood, there was a thick water-vapor canopy in the sky all around the earth. These were the waters above the earth that became the rain of the flood (Gen 1:6-8, 7:11). The loss of this protective canopy is thought to be largely responsible for the great reduction in man’s average life expectancy.

Why? This canopy would have produced a fairly even temperature all over the earth, like in a greenhouse. The canopy would also have helped protect people by screening out some of the more harmful cosmic rays of the sun that may later have caused mutations in human genes, bacteria and other living things. Bacteria which may have been harmless to humans before the flood, may have become dangerous after the flood, promoting disease. Another thing the canopy would have done was increased the atmospheric pressure on the surface of the earth. Increased atmospheric pressure helps bodies absorb more oxygen, fight disease, fight infection, heal injuries faster, improve breathing and improve blood circulation--among many other good things. No wonder man lived so long in those days! At some point after the flood, the Lord changed the average lifespan to 70-80 years.1

Gen 5:27 Altogether, Methuselah lived 969 years, and then he died.

Ps 90:10 The length of our days is seventy years--or eighty, if we have the strength . . .

Gen 1:6-8 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God called the expanse "sky." . . .

1 Robert W. Faid, A Scientific Approach to Biblical Mysteries/A Scientific Approach to More Biblical Mysteries (Carmel, NY: Guideposts, 1993) 33-46.
    Now that was a long life.When you were 400 years old you would be middle aged.

Quote Originally Posted by IMSAVED View Post
    Now that was a long life.When you were 400 years old you would be middle aged.
    Yeah--just a spring chicken!

______

Stocking Stuffer Ideas:

For Adults and Older Kids:

The Greatest Story Ever Told
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0293/0293_01.asp
    The story of Jesus from prophecies to birth to death and resurrection

For Children
    Best Friend
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0033/0033_01.asp
    Little girl leads friend to Christ

Soul Sisters
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1105/1105_01.asp
    (Same story as Best Friends, but with black characters)

Charlie's Ants
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0039/0039_01.asp
    Analogy between little boy's concern for warning his ants of impending danger, and the Lord's

Cleo
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0012/0012_01.asp
    Family goes on trip. Their dog gets loose and is caught by pound. They return and "redeem" the dog just in time before she is put down.Lord's concern for us.

Note: Adults will probably enjoy getting a million-dollar tract like I mentioned above, too. I passed out 4 of them today and people do, indeed, seem to like them.

______

Well.....I messed up the above post. My apologies. Here is what it should say:

Stocking Stuffer Ideas:

For Adults and Older Kids:

The Greatest Story Ever Told
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0293/0293_01.asp
    The story of Jesus from prophecies to birth to death and resurrection

For Children
    Best Friend
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0033/0033_01.asp
    Little girl leads friend to Christ

Soul Sisters
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1105/1105_01.asp
    (Same story as Best Friend, but with black characters)

Charlie's Ants
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0039/0039_01.asp
    Analogy between little boy's concern for warning his ants of impending danger, and the Lord's concern for us.

Cleo
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0012/0012_01.asp
    Family goes on trip. Their dog gets loose and is caught by pound. They return and "redeem" the dog just in time before she is put down. Analogy is made to the Lord redeeming us.

Note: Adults will probably enjoy getting a million-dollar tract like I mentioned above, too. I passed out 6 of them today and people do, indeed, seem to like them.

______

Something I wrote for children. It addresses giants in the Bible:

1 Sam 17:50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone . . .

Although there are some people who don't want to believe the Bible is true, archaeologists have found hundreds of thousands of artifacts that confirm the Bible is true and none that show it is false. For example, archaeologists recently discovered some inscriptions in stone that speak of King David of Israel and/or the House of David.1

Have you heard of King David before? He was very important in Israel's history and the Bible tells all about him. The Lord was with King David even when he was still only a shepherd boy. One of the most well-known stories about David tells of when he relied on God to help him kill an enemy soldier, a giant named Goliath. He did it with just a sling and a rock (1 Sam 17:49)!

Did you know that giants are mentioned more than a dozen times in the King James Version of the Bible? For instance, there are the sons of Anak (Num 13:33), Emims (Deut 2:10-11), and a giant king with a 13-foot-long bed (Deut 3:11). Several of the giants are even mentioned by name.

Some people may find it hard to believe that giants really existed or that Goliath could really have been over 9 feet tall (1 Sam 17:4). Yet as recently as 1918, a man named Robert Wadlow* was born in Illinois who grew to be 8 feet 11 inches tall, almost as tall as Goliath.

The Bible also mentions a “huge man with six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot” who “was born to the giant” (2 Sam 21:20). Having extra fingers and toes is called polydactylism and is a birth defect which still occasionally occurs today. It’s interesting to know that even unusual Bible stories like these often have modern medical or scientific explanations or similarities.

Here’s something else to think about. David used a rock to slay Goliath. David said “God is my rock.” God is OUR rock, too. If we will let Him into our hearts, God can help us overcome OUR Goliath problems, too. God is greater than any enemy!

1 Sam 18:14 In everything he did he had great success, because the LORD was with him.
    1 Sam 17:4 A champion named Goliath, who was from Gath, came out of the Philistine camp. He was over nine feet tall.
    Ps 22:3 my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent men you save me.
    1 Sam 17:49 Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground.
    Num 13:33 “We saw the Nephilim [KJV: giants] there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”
    Deut 2:10-11 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.
    Deut 3:11 (Only Og king of Bashan was left of the remnant of the Rephaites [KJV: giants]. His bed was made of iron and was more than thirteen feet long and six feet wide. It is still in Rabbah of the Ammonites.)
    2 Sam 21:20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.

[*Note: For more information on Robert Wadlow, see http://www.altonweb.com/history/wadlow/ ]

1 Grant R. Jeffrey, The Signature of God (Colorado Springs, CO: WaterBrook Press, 2010) 57-59.

______

This tract has several pretty nifty optical illusions in it:

World's Best Optical Illusions

______

Full-color comic tract, viewable online: Are You a Good Person?

______

Another thing I wrote for children:

A Changed Earth

Have you ever noticed that the continents on a world map almost seem like puzzle pieces that have been divided up? Can you guess why that might be? Quite a few scientists believe that the earth's land masses were at one time all joined together in one giant land mass called "Pangaea." Many think that some sudden, violent event split the continents apart a few thousand years ago.1

To give you an idea when this may have happened, Noah's Flood is thought to have occurred around 2,350 B.C. Peleg was born about 100 years later. The Bible says of Peleg "in his time the earth was divided." Some believe this verse just refers to the division of the people at the Tower of Babel mentioned in Genesis 11. Others believe that if the earth's surface really did split apart, that it occurred at this same time. Still others believe the earth began breaking up during the flood.2, 3, 4

The earth's surface is cracked, sort of like an eggshell. The continents currently rest on about 20 different plates on the earth's surface. Many scientists believe the plates are still moving, but that now they are moving very slowly. The study of the movement of these plates is called "plate tectonics. " This slow movement itself is called "continental drift." It is believed that this movement causes many of the earthquakes we experience today.5

Gen 10:25 Two sons were born to Eber: One was named Peleg, because in his time the earth was divided . . .
    Gen 1:9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so.
    Ps 60:2 You have shaken the land and torn it open; mend its fractures, for it is quaking.
    Gen 10:32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.
    Gen 11:9 That is why it was called Babel--because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

1 Robert W. Faid, A Scientific Approach to Biblical Mysteries/A Scientific Approach to More Biblical Mysteries (Carmel, NY: Guideposts, 1993) 39-43.
    2 Dennis R. Petersen, Unlocking the Mysteries of Creation (South Lake Tahoe, CA: Creation Resource Foundation, 1986) 30, 177.
    3 Henry M. Morris, The Genesis Record (Baker Book House: Grand Rapids, MI, 1976) 260-261, 282-285.
    4 Lawrence O. Richards, It Couldn't Just Happen (Dallas: Word Publishing, 1987) 42-43.
    5 Richards 40-42.

______

Job and the Dinosaur

Those scientists who believe in evolution, typically believe that all the dinosaurs died out millions of years before man appeared. However, many creation scientists believe that the most accurate tests show the earth is much younger than that--perhaps only about 6,000 years old. This age also fits in with a 6,000-year calculation based on the genealogies listed in the Bible.1

Creation scientists also believe, based on the first chapter of Genesis, that God made man and land dinosaurs on the sixth day of creation. In fact, an interesting example of evidence of their living at the same time exists in Texas. What appear to be petrified human footprints have been found right in the middle of dinosaur tracks*!2

Job, who was apparently born sometime not very long after Noah’s Flood, had apparently seen living dinosaurs. Although the Bible doesn’t use the word “dinosaur,” it does use the words “behemoth” and “leviathan.” (The King James Bible was translated into English in 1611 and it does not contain the word “dinosaur;” dinosaur fossils were not discovered until the 1800’s and the word did not exist until 1840.) From the descriptions in the Book of Job, it appears these creatures were possibly the Apatosaurus and the Brachiosaurus. By the way, cedar trees in Job’s area could grow to be 120 feet tall and up to 40 feet around, so the comparison of the behemoth’s tail to a cedar tree indicates it was a very large tail indeed.3

Although most of the dinosaurs are dead, many people believe there are still some dinosaurs alive today. Man has still not explored the entire earth. In fact, the giant monitor lizards called Komodo dragons that live on the remote island of Komodo were not even discovered by modern man until 1912.4 There are still some 7,000,000 acres of virtually unexplored dense jungle and swamp lands in the African Congo. Explorers to the region report seeing what appear to be dinosaurs. Villagers near there have also identified drawings of the Apatosaurus as being similar to a local living creature they call “Mokele Mbembe.”5 Someday we may see actual proof!

Job 40:15-17 “Look at the behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly! His tail sways like a cedar . . . ”
    Job 40:18-19 “His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron. He ranks first among the works of God . . . ”
    Job 41:1 “Can you pull in the leviathan with a fishhook or tie down his tongue with a rope?”

[*Opportunity: The Creation Evidence Museum in GlenRose, TX, addresses this subject. For information on visiting the museum, see http://www.creationevidence.org/ ]

1 Dennis R. Petersen, Unlocking the Mysteries of Creation (South Lake Tahoe, CA: Creation Resource Foundation, 1986) 34-52, 134.
    2 Petersen 142-143.
    3 Duane T. Gish, Dinosaurs by Design (Colorado Springs, CO: Master Books, 1992) 20-23.
    4 Petersen 147.
    5 Gish 17.

______

The Wallet

This tract is pretty cool. They actually do look a little like a real wallet with money sticking out.

______

"Can the return of Christ truly be said to be imminent?"

This Got Questions article addresses the imminency of the Rapture and supports the logic with numerous Bible verses.

http://www.gotquestions.org/imminent-return-Christ.html

______