http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0055/0055_01.asp
    It's also available in several other languages:
    http://www.chick.com/catalog/languag...y.asp?Dec=0055

A great site to send people to for creation info is:
    Answers in Genesis
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/
    They also have a children's section:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/kids

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Spirit Guides

2 Cor 11:14-15 . . . Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness . . .

Recently, many people have begun contacting “spirit guides” or people controlled by spirit guides. This is another sign that we are near the Second Coming of Christ.

Spirit guides are demons in disguise. A spirit guide may be called many things, for example: ascended master, wise person, inner counselor or higher self. Many activities that may not sound dangerous to some people can actually put one in contact with a demonic spirit guide. These include, but are not limited to: visualization, guided imagery, centering or relaxation exercises; meditation; hypnosis; and getting involved in occult activities, such as using tarot cards or Ouija boards.

Demons are polymorphs (shape-shifters) and are excellent actors. They can imitate any person or any thing, for example: good angels, beings of light, dead relatives, animals and even aliens. Demons are very good at lying, deception, trickery, persuasion, pretending to be good and gaining a person’s trust (John 8:44, Acts 13:10). They may offer wisdom, peace, love, success or whatever else they think a person wants.

Demons try to get people to believe false teachings. In fact, it is often said, “Satan and his followers are willing to tell a thousand truths to sell just one lie.” That means, they or their servants will often teach many things that sound good, reasonable or mostly true on the surface, but at least some part of which will not agree with the Bible.

Demons also often physically attack people, get them to hurt themselves or get them to hurt others. Demons always ultimately want to destroy people, turn them away from God and rob them of heaven. Demons want people to spend eternity in hell.

A spirit that cannot acknowledge “that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh” is not from God, but is a “deceiver and the antichrist” (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7). God tells us not to have anything to do with these deceiving spirits.

Lev 19:31 “‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.’”
    Deu 18:10-12 Let no one be found among you . . . who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD . . .
    1 Tim 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
    John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
    Acts 13:10 “You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?”
    1 John 4:1-3 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God . . .
    2 John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

For Children: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume and setting for a.....

Florist

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Have you ever watched a florist put together a floral arrangement? Skilled florists choose different flower types, colors, sizes and textures to produce various results, often also choosing additional accents of green, such as ferns or broad leaves. They choose just the right vase, cut the stems to just the right length, carefully place the pieces and maybe finish up with a lovely ribbon, too.

When you see an elegant, complex arrangement, clearly you know the florist didn't just grab a bunch of random flowers, set just any old vase in the middle of the floor, stand over it, toss the plants up in the air and expect everything to fall into a pretty result! It all takes thought, design and balance to produce an especially pleasing arrangement, particularly with large or fancy ones.

That example shows just a tiny hint of the difference between design and chance. Flowers and other plants, humans and animals did not just come about by chance. We are all way too complicated to have had all of our parts just pop into existence and fall together in proper working order without an intelligent designer designing it all. In fact, scientists have discovered we are so very complex that a single living cell is more complicated than a large city! Since an adult human may have as many as 60 trillion cells in them, you might say they’re more complicated than 60 trillion cities!1

So who is our intelligent designer? Yes! The Lord! The next time you see a pretty floral arrangement, let it remind you that we are very complex creatures who didn't get here by chance. The Lord put thought, design and balance into His creation and we are all "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Ps 139:14)!

Ps 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

1 Dennis R. Petersen, Unlocking the Mysteries of Creation (South Lake Tahoe, CA: Creation Resource Foundation) 80.

______

For Children: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume and setting for a.....

Secretary

1 Cor 14:40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.

Good secretaries do everything "in a fitting and orderly way" so that offices run smoothly. They take dictation and type up letters, handle the schedule, file and retrieve papers, prepare reports, answer the phone, take messages, greet visitors and many other daily tasks. Secretaries help keep the peace in an office. But, oh my.....what happens when the secretary gets sick? Uh-oh! Chances are very good the office won't run so smoothly that day and peace goes out the window, right? Boy does that help people realize how important their secretary is!

Well, you know what? The Lord wants us to do everything in a "fitting and orderly" way, too (1 Cor 14:40). You see, "God is not a God of disorder but of peace" (1 Cor 14:33). He not only delights in us when we do things the right way, He teaches us that obedience brings us more joy, while disobedience makes us lose our peace (Col 2:5, John 15:10-11, Is 48:17-18). Things don't run so smoothly when we do things the wrong way. In fact, we can already expect at least some trouble in this world, but doing bad things can bring even more trouble (John 16:33). Experiencing the consequences (results) of disobedience can be a very painful way for people to finally realize how important their Lord's word is!

Do you think maybe our peace is important to God (John 14:27)? It is! In fact, the Lord mentions peace 400 times in the Bible! You can increase your peace--always try to do the right thing the first time around. "Seek peace and pursue it" (Ps 34:14)! May the Lord be with you and fill you with joy and peace as you trust in Him (Rom 15:33, Rom 15:13)!

1 Cor 14:33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace . . .
    Col 2:5 . . . I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
    John 15:10-11 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
    Is 48:17-18 This is what the LORD says--your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea.”
    John 16:33 I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
    John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
    Ps 34:14 Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
    Rom 15:33 The God of peace be with you all. Amen.
    Rom 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

- - - - -

Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

______