Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Test

For Children: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume for a.....

Sitting Duck

Prov 4:14-15 Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evildoers. Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way.

A "sitting duck" is an easy target--a whole lot easier to hit than a flying duck, right? Picture this. When someone knowingly walks into an area full of sinners or sinful activity, they basically agree to put themselves in peril. They might just as well have put on a duck suit, walked into a wide-open area surrounded by hunters and promptly sat down. Result? One "dead duck."

It's best to just avoid dangerous situations in the first place (1 Thes 5:22, Titus 2:11-12). However, if you get into a dangerous situation and don't realize it is dangerous until after you arrive, leave as quickly as you safely can.*

Regardless whether you are in possible danger from others around you (Prov 12:26, 1 Cor 15:33, Eccl 9:18, 2 Tim 3:1-5), from the conditions of the place at which you arrived (Prov 22:3), from a tempting situation (Ps 141:4, Prov 1:10) or even if you started to do something bad and (hopefully) changed your mind, don't just sit there! Don't be an easy target for Satan's attacks. Instead, pray and find a way out (Matt 6:13, 1 Cor 10:13)! Fly away, little duck! Be safe!

1 Thes 5:22 reject every kind of evil.
    Titus 2:11-12 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,
    Prov 12:26 A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
    1 Cor 15:33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
    Eccl 9:18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good.
    2 Tim 3:1-5 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.
    Prov 22:3 A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.
    Ps 141:4 Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers . . .
    Prov 1:10 My son, if sinners entice you, do not give in to them.
    Matt 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil . . .
    1 Cor 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
    Mark 14:38 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.”
    1 Pet 5:8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
    Eph 6:16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

*[Note: Always prepare in advance. Let your folks know where you are going and, of course, make sure they are okay with letting you go there. If you will be at a place that is too far for you to safely walk home from, always either bring a cell phone or enough money to call your folks so they can come get you.]

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Mountain Climber

Ps 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Did you know you can get close to God just by praying? You can talk to Him at any time in any place. You see, God is omnipresent. That means He is everywhere! So, while mountain climbing can be great fun and you could easily pray along the trail, God can hear you just as well from the deepest valley (Jer 23:23-24, Ps 145:18, 1 King 20:28).

If you come near to Him in prayer, He will come near to you (James 4:8). If you seek Him with all your heart, you will find Him (Heb 10:22, Jer 29:13). He wants us to accept Him into our heart (Rev 3:20). You can thank Him for the good things He gives to you and does for you. You can study His word in the Bible and ask Him to show you verses that will help you handle whatever situation you want help with or that will help you live that day in an honorable way. You can also ask Him to help you when you are scared, in trouble or need some extra strength. The Lord listens to the prayers of the righteous (Prov 15:29)!

Jer 23:23-24 "Am I only a God nearby," declares the LORD, "and not a God far away? Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.
    Ps 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
    1 King 20:28 The man of God came up and told the king of Israel, “This is what the Lord says: ‘Because the Arameans think the Lord is a god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, I will deliver this vast army into your hands, and you will know that I am the Lord.’”
    James 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you . . .
    Heb 10:22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith . . .
    Jer 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
    Rev 3:20 "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."
    Prov 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

For Children: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume for.....

Three-legged Racers

Amos 3:3 Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?

Have you ever seen or maybe even been in a three-legged race? If the racers have not agreed ahead of time on their technique, their efforts to walk together can look pretty silly! One way to be more successful at such a race is for one person to call cadence like in the military. That gives you a "guide" to go by and you are much more likely to win.

Similarly, in everyday life, you will do much better if whoever you are teamed up with follow's the same guide as you--the Bible! That way your beliefs, your tastes, your favorite activities and your goals are much more likely to line up. Then you can walk together smoothly and in unison. Ready......set......go!

Rom 15:5-7 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Cor 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
    Luke 11:17 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall."
    2 Cor 6:14-15 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?

______

Train Conductor

Mark 1:15 “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!”

Have you ever ridden on a train? Where did you go? Did you have to pack a lot of stuff to take with you? Did you have a good time? When you arrived at the train station and were ready to leave, did you hear the train conductor call, "All aboard!" to the stragglers?

Wise Christian are getting ready to take the best trip ever! You see, Jesus predicted that many different signs would occur in the world near the end of the age. He also said these signs would be like birth pains, so we know the signs will be coming stronger and more often as we get closer to His return. Those signs are doing just as He said, so we know the departure time is close!

Now, as to the date, we don't know when the "train" will leave, but we won't be taking any luggage with us, so we don't have to worry about packing.* We do, however, want to try to make sure as many of our loved ones as possible are fellow travelers. We can do that by telling others about Jesus. As He is our ticket to heaven (John 14:6), we should encourage others to accept Him as their Savior, too, and to do so soon (Rom 10:9)!

Many, many Christians are very, very excited about our soon-coming, free trip to heaven and all its joys. We will truly have the best time ever (Ps 16:11)! So put on your train conductor cap and sound out to the stragglers, "This is your final boarding announcement. All aboard who are coming aboard! Next stop: Heaven!"

2 Cor 6:2 . . . behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
    Rom 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    Ps 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

*[Note: Don't worry about missing your favorite belongings. Many believe the Lord will restore our favorite belongings to us in heaven! As Psalm 37:4 says, "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."]

continued below

______

continued from above

Parents, if your children like the idea of bringing along more "fellow passengers," they may enjoy sharing the below gospel tracts. They can either email the links to friends, or you can order the actual booklets for a reasonable price so your children can hand them out to their friends. Chick produces many children's tracts. The below tracts are especially good:

Best Friend
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0033/0033_01.asp
    Little girl leads friend to Christ

Soul Sisters
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1105/1105_01.asp
    Same story as Best Friends, but for black audiences.

Charlie's Ants
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0039/0039_01.asp
    Analogy between little boy's concern for warning his ants of impending danger, and the Lord's concern for us.

Cleo
    https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0012/0012_01.asp
    Family goes on trip. Their dog gets loose and is caught by pound. They return and "redeem" the dog just in time before she is put down. Parallel is drawn to how Jesus redeems believers.

______

For Children

Isaac

Gen 22:6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac . . .

Isaac was a miracle child. He was born to very old parents--at the time, Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 90--just as the Lord had promised. The Lord also promised to bless Abraham’s descendants through Isaac. Yet the Lord put Abraham through a very hard test. He told Abraham to take his son to the mountains and sacrifice him there. Abraham was heartbroken, because he loved Isaac more than his own life and did not want Isaac to die. Still, he was prepared to obey God.

Abraham put wood for the burnt offering on Isaac’s back. After taking up the fire and the knife, they set out on their journey. When they arrived, Abraham built an altar, tied Isaac up and prepared to sacrifice him. Just then the angel of the Lord called out to Abraham and told him not to harm the boy. God had been testing Abraham to see if he would be faithful, even to the point of being prepared to sacrifice his beloved son. Abraham had passed the ultimate test and the Lord provided a ram for the burnt offering instead.

Although God spared Abraham the painful burden of having to sacrifice his only son, God later took that painful burden on Himself. God’s love for us is so great that He sacrificed Jesus, His only begotten Son, for our salvation (John 3:16-17, 1 John 4:9-10). Moreover, because our God is triune (one God in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit), God not only sacrificed His beloved Son on the cross, He was also laying Himself on the cross (Col 1:19-22). The Lord did this to take the punishment for our sins, to cleanse us of our sins and in so doing, to make us worthy to go to heaven (Jude 1:24).

The Lord made the ultimate sacrifice just for us. Don’t waste that sacrifice. This Easter season, if you have not already accepted the Lord's free gift of salvation to us, accept it now! Accept Jesus and live!

Heb 11:17-18 By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had received the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, even though God had said to him, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned."
    Gen 22:12 “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”
    John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
    1 John 4:9-10 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
    Col 1:19-22 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation--
    Jude 1:24-25 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

______

For Youths: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume for a.....

Skydiver

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Some people not only reject Jesus, but also claim that reality is what you make it. Well, let's think about that. Let's say two skydivers go up in a plane. One of them doesn't believe in gravity. He jumps without a parachute. What would happen? He would go SPLAT! You might then say reality didn't agree with him. The other guy has a good grasp on reality. He uses a parachute. He has a soft landing. What does this illustration tell us? Just because someone refuses to believe something, doesn't mean he's correct (1 Cor 1:18, Prov 13:16)!

The question is often asked, "Where do you think you will spend eternity?" It will either be amidst the joys of heaven or the fires of hell. There is no in-between spot. If anyone has trouble choosing, they might try remembering that life's greatest joys reflect the many joys of heaven, while life's greatest pains and sorrows reflect the agony of hell. Heaven is real. Hell is real. Jesus really is the only path to heaven (John 14:6). Hell really is the only alternative (Rev 20:14-15). Don't leave that free gift of salvation on the shelf like a discarded parachute (Eph 2:8-9). Choose reality. Choose life. Put on Jesus, the only jump-safety equipment built for eternity (Rom 13:14, Eph 6:17). As they say, heaven will be the ultimate in "soft landings."

John 8:24 “I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."
    1 John 5:9-12 We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his son. Anyone who believes in the son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
    Prov 8:35-36 “For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death."
    1 Cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
    Prov 13:16 Every prudent man acts out of knowledge, but a fool exposes his folly.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
    Rev 20:14-15 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
    Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast.
    Rom 13:14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.
    Eph 6:17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

______

Juan Ponce de León (1474?-1521)

Rev 21:6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."

Juan Ponce de León was a Spanish soldier and explorer. He led the first expedition to Florida (which state he also named), after having earlier sailed with Christopher Columbus on Columbus' second voyage to the New World. Ponce de León became the first governor of Puerto Rico and was later knighted. He is thought to have searched for a "Fountain of Youth" in Florida that was supposed to cure aging.1

Sadly, there is no such thing as a fountain of youth here on earth. But, guess what? Heaven has the spring of the water of life! When believers go to heaven old people will be young again! Forever! Ta da!

Rev 22:1-2 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.
    Job 14:14 If a man dies, will he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait for my renewal to come.
    Job 33:23-26 "Yet if there is an angel on his side as a mediator, one out of a thousand, to tell a man what is right for him, to be gracious to him and say, 'Spare him from going down to the pit; I have found a ransom for him'--then his flesh is renewed like a child's; it is restored as in the days of his youth. He prays to God and finds favor with him, he sees God's face and shouts for joy; he is restored by God to his righteous state.”
    Ps 103:2-5 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
    Is 26:19 But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.
    Phil 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
    1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

1 "Juan Ponce de León," retrieved 27 Mar. 2014 < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Po...ntain_of_Youth >

______

For Children: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume for a.....*

Librarian

Prov 24:5 A wise man has great power, and a man of knowledge increases strength.

Libraries have great stores of knowledge just waiting to be discovered. They have books, movies, recorded songs and numerous other materials available for check out on thousands of different subjects. You can find out about great people, history, inventions and America’s Christian heritage. In some libraries you can read about the Lord, creation science, the Holy Land and apologetics (subjects that defend the logic of the Christian faith). Reference books and school aids can help students do well in school. How-to books can show you how to learn many different skills, hobbies and fun pastimes, such as crafts, painting, sewing and woodworking. Abridged (shortened) children’s classics can help you enjoy wonderful, wholesome stories people have enjoyed for decades such as: The Pilgrim’s Progress, Robinson Crusoe, Pollyanna and Ivanhoe. You may want to study animals, plants, geography, oceans and outer space. There are thousands of wonderful storybooks and beautifully illustrated picture books just waiting to be discovered--you may even find a few favorite storybooks that your parents fondly remember reading when they were your age! You can read children’s magazines, special-interest magazines or magazines and newspapers that tell all about current events. Some libraries even have book exchanges where you can trade in your old books for different ones you can keep at no extra charge.

There is almost no end to what you can find. The librarians can help you search for the items you want--like searching for “hidden treasure.” If your local librarians are Christians, you are especially blessed! They can not only help you make the best choices yet, they can often order more family-friendly materials at your request! Enjoy yourself by taking advantage of some of the wonderful resources available at libraries--and increase your mental strength in the process!

Prov 10:14 Wise men store up knowledge . . .
    Prov 2:4 . . . look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,
    Col 2:2-3 My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

*[Hint: picture a girl librarian stacking scores of books on a leopard-skin-strongman-costumed boy’s hands]

-A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author. G. K. CHESTERTON

______

re above post.....

BTW, if you are a Christian librarian or know a Christian librarian, this organization may interest you for yourself or to tell someone else about:

-Association of Christian Librarians, http://www.acl.org/

______

For Children: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume and setting for a.....

Radio Disc Jockey

Rom 10:17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

How much time do you spend listening to the radio? Do you listen to Christian stations? Do you sing along with the songs? Christian radio station disc jockeys (DJs) play some awesome tunes!

On the other hand, secular-radio DJs often play songs with bad language, bad subjects and bad suggestions in them that hurt your ears and your heart. No thank you very much! Yuck! (Eph 2:1-2)

With Christian stations, you can sing along with wholesome tunes and programs that make you happy, teach you, comfort you, lift up your spirit, build up your faith or inspire you. And you can listen to Christian DJs talk between songs about wholesome things! No offensive comments for them! They honor God with their jobs, their mouths and their choices. They help spread God's word throughout the whole world! Hurray for Christian DJs!

P.S. Do your folks happen to have a ham radio? They can help spread God's word around the world, too. They can join the Christian Amateur Radio Fellowship. See below for information.

Rom 10:18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."
    Eph 2:1-2 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.
    2 Thes 3:1 Finally, brothers, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you.

continued below.....

______

continued from above.....

Want to listen to live Christian radio online, find a local Christian radio station to listen to, learn more about special programs on Christian radio or join the a Christian ham radio fellowship? Check out:

General

-ChristianRadio.com, http://www.christianradio.com/#/ Find local radio stations or listen online to a wide variety of Christian radio music and talk programs.

-Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability, http://www.ecfa.org/MemberSearch.asp...Type=MCMEDRAD; Member search page for scores of radio ministries.

-KLOVE, (800) 525-LOVE (5683), http://www.klove.com/ Well-known, "positive, encouraging KLOVE." Find local radio stations or listen online.

-oneplace.com, http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/ Christian Radio and Internet Ministry. Online access to a large number of Christian radio talk programs.

Ham Radio Operators

-Christian Amateur Radio Fellowship, http://www.carf.net/, 3.930 MHz Fellowship, devotions and prayer for Christian ham radio operators. Also provides communications for missionaries, Christian colleges and churches. Operates Mon-Sat beginning at 7 am. Net control operators are: Mon-Don Ashbaugh, KB9UH, Richmond, Indiana; Tue-Dave Bushong, WB8TLZ, Vassar, Michigan; Wed-Ken Whiles, W9MTE, Knox, Indiana; Thu-Dave Hoxworth, AA8KJ, McComb, Ohio; Fri-Brian Linn, KD0HII, Johnston, Iowa; Sat-Buz Schultz, ND8S, Ovid, Michigan.

-The Third Millennium, Paul Meier (Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1993) This fictional novel about life on earth after the Rapture is not only interesting in itself, it also points out how ham radios and their operators could play a key role in the survival of Tribulation saints.

______

For Children: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume and setting for an.....

Accountant

Rom 14:12 So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

An accountant is responsible for keeping up financial records for others and giving reports on those records. That can help remind us of how we will each "give an account of" (give a report on) ourselves to God about our lives.

When asked "What is the greatest thought that ever passed through your mind?" the famous American statesman, Daniel Webster (1782-1852), gave a memorable four-word answer: "My accountability to God."1

Webster recognized that we are responsible for the decisions we make in this life. Unbelievers will be punished for their sins at the Great White Throne Judgment (Ps 10:13), but faithful believers will not be punished because we will have been washed clean of our sins by Jesus (2 Sam 22:25). Still, making bad choices can hurt your earthly future, bring you pain and can give you unhappy memories--so it is far better to make good choices in the first place!

Believers will give an account of their deeds on earth at the Judgment Seat of Christ. We will report on whether we have used our time and resources well (Eccl 12:14) and we will receive our rewards (Mat 16:27). Try to live in such a way as to feel good about the decisions you have made in your life. Pray to discover what deeds God has prepared in advance for you to do (Eph 2:10). Find a way to serve the Lord by serving others with whatever talents God gave you. Do good deeds--they increase your heavenly rewards. Give back to God a tenth of the money He allows you to earn--it all belongs to Him anyway (1 Chr 29:14, Mal 3:7-8, Phil 4:17). Tell others about Jesus and salvation (Mark 16:15). In all these ways, you will be able to feel “confident and unashamed” before God that you were a faithful servant who used your time and resources well (1 John 2:28, Mat 25:21, 1 Tim 3:13).

Heb 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
    Job 31:14 what will I do when God confronts me? What will I answer when called to account?
    2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
    Ps 10:13 Why does the wicked man revile God? Why does he say to himself, “He won’t call me to account”?
    2 Sam 22:25 The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness, according to my cleanness in his sight.
    Eccl 12:14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.
    Mat 16:27 “For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.”
    Eph 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
    1 Chr 29:14 “But who am I . . . that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.”
    Mal 3:7-8 “Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you," says the LORD Almighty. "But you ask, 'How are we to return?' Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' In tithes and offerings.”
    Phil 4:17 Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account.
    Mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
    1 John 2:28 And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming.
    Mat 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
    1 Tim 3:13 Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.

1 William J. Federer, America’s God and Country Encyclopedia of Quotations (Coppell, TX: FAME Publishing, Inc., 1996) 673-674.

______

The Prince and the Pauper

Phil 2:7 . . . he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

First published in 1881, The Prince and the Pauper was written by Mark Twain. The novel tells of two young boys who look almost identical, Prince Edward and a poor boy named Tom. The Prince sees Tom outside the castle and invites him inside. They get to talking and decide to switch places for a short while. Edward runs into problems and his return is delayed. After the king dies, Tom is nearly crowned king, but Prince Edward manages to return just in time and is crowned instead. Having experienced the harsh conditions of the poor in his kingdom, King Edward can now identify very well with his subjects. King Edward not only becomes good friends with Tom, he makes Tom his ward, a great honor.

Does this story remind you a little of anything in the Bible? King Jesus left His kingdom for a while, too! He came down from His beautiful heaven, took on the form of a mere human, was laid in a humble manger and grew up as a carpenter's son (John 6:38, John 18:36-37, Luke 2:7, John 6:42). He willingly laid down His life to pay the penalty for the sins of believers, giving us the only way to get to heaven (Phil 2:8, John 10:17-18, Heb 2:14-15, Rom 6:23, John 14:6). Jesus did this out of His great love for us--in fact, He even calls believers His friends (John 15:13-15)! Having lived as a man, He is also able to "sympathize with our weaknesses" (Heb 2:17-18, Heb 4:15). After He accomplished His mission, Jesus went back to heaven. When we believers join Him there, we will enjoy the very great honor of being co-heirs with the royal King of kings, declaring the praises of Him who called us out of darkness into His wonderful kingdom of light (Rom 8:17, Rev 17:14, Matt 25:31-34, 1 Pet 2:9, Col 1:12-14)!

Mark 10:45 "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
    John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    John 18:36-37 Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place." "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."
    Luke 2:7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
    John 6:42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?
    Phil 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!
    John 10:17-18 "The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."
    Heb 2:14-15 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil--and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
    John 15:13-15 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."
    Heb 2:17-18 For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
    Heb 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.
    Rom 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
    Rev 17:14 "They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers."
    Matt 25:31-34 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.'"
    1 Pet 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
    Col 1:12-14 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

______

a quote to go with the above post.....

-The Father did not strip the Son of His eternal glory but the Son agreed to lay it aside temporarily for the sake of our salvation. R. C. SPROUL

______

For Children: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume and setting for an.....

Outdoorsman

Ps 118:15 Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: "The Lord's right hand has done mighty things!”

During Bible times, a lot of people lived in tents. They were like houses to them. Imagine the shouts of joy you could hear when the Lord gave your neighbor success. You would want to go over and visit to find out what his good news was. When praying Christians love and obey God, He is willing to do many good things for us. He is willing and able to give us the power and help us obtain the knowledge we need to succeed at many good things we try in life that are within His will. Then when we succeed, we can give the glory to God for helping us through.

Although in today’s houses your neighbor might not be able to hear your “shouts of joy” when something goes well for you, they may notice the big smiles on your face the next time they see you. Tell them your good news.....and while you are at it, you might also tell them the good news about salvation in Jesus Christ. If they sincerely accept Jesus, they can secure their guarantee of heaven. As a fellow believer, someday they, too, will be able to dwell with the Lord in His heavenly “tent” forever (Ps 61:4, Rev 7:15-17)!

Ps 61:4 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah
    Rev 7:15-17 “ . . . he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

______

For Youths: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume for a.....

Reporter

2 Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Do you believe everything you see and hear in the news? No? Good for you! There are a lot of otherwise well-educated people in the world who have never been "able to come to the knowledge of the truth" about Jesus and the Bible. They want us to accept ungodly beliefs, viewpoints and explanations for many different subjects. Although there are many reporters who do believe in God and who try to present stories accurately and from a biblical viewpoint, it's probably safe to say that they are very much in the minority.

People who train to be reporters very often attend public universities where they are very often indoctrinated (trained) by ungodly professors. These--what are called "liberal"--professors train their students to be atheists (people who don't believe in God) and to develop very flawed, ungodly viewpoints. When these students graduate and get jobs, it is, of course, typical for them to present stories in the same way they were taught. So they set about making God, the Bible, Christian viewpoints, family values and/or Christians in general look bad. It is also not uncommon for them to cover stories about bad people who claim to be Christians, while ignoring good stories about truly godly people and/or subjects that show the value of following godly principles.

There is something about reading that black-on-white print in newspapers, or hearing a reporter on the nightly news that makes what they say seem soooo official and true. You have to be careful. People in charge of media outlets are in a position to promote some very big lies if they so desire--lies that, sadly, many of them may even believe themselves. This will become even more common the closer we get to the Lord's Second Coming. The bottom line is the Bible. If what a reporter writes or says doesn't line up with the Bible, don't believe it! Protect yourself! Read and know your Bible!

Is 42:20 "You have seen many things, but have paid no attention; your ears are open, but you hear nothing."
    Is 32:6 For fools speak folly, their hearts are bent on evil: They practice ungodliness and spread error concerning the Lord; the hungry they leave empty and from the thirsty they withhold water.
    Ps 14:1 . . . The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.
    Mal 2:17 You have wearied the LORD with your words. "How have we wearied him?" you ask. By saying, "All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them" or "Where is the God of justice?"
    1 Cor 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
    Rom 1:18-20 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
    Rom 1:29-32 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
    Luke 17:1-2 Jesus said to his disciples: "Things that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come. It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin."
    Phil 3:18-21 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

-The saddest of all failures is that of a soul, with its capabilities and possibilities, failing of life everlasting and entering on that night of death upon which no morning ever dawns. H. JOHNSON

______

For Children: Bible verse memory helps. Imagine a costume and setting for.....*

Easter

Matt 28:5-6 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.”

Easter is the day when Christians celebrate Jesus’ resurrection (being raised) from the dead. Jesus had left His perfect, heavenly home to come to earth and live “taking the very nature of a servant” (Phil 2:5-8). He came to teach us, give us His word, heal the sick and appoint disciples. He came to lay down His life for us, suffer and die on the cross and take the punishment for our sins. He came to rise from the dead, conquering sin and death forever for those who believe. He did this because He loves us very, very much. He wants us to confess our sins, repent, love Him back, accept Him as our Savior and, in so doing, become Christians. Then we can be forgiven for our sins, have a more blessed life and eventually go to heaven to be with Him in new, perfect bodies.

Jesus’ resurrection is a well-established fact. After the Lord rose from the dead, He appeared to the people over a period of 40 days (Matt 28:7, Acts 1:3, Acts 13:30-31). Paul's account in the Bible says over 500 people saw Jesus after He rose again (1 Cor 15:6). As most of the 500 were still alive, they could have easily verified what Paul wrote--he sure couldn't have gotten away with fibbing about that, could he have?!

Non-biblical historical records also confirm the resurrection. In fact, Cambridge scholar Canon Westcott asserted, "Indeed, taking all the evidence together, it is not too much to say that there is no historic incident better or more variously supported than the resurrection of Christ."1

In fact, a number of people have set out trying to prove Jesus did not exist.....and then found so much evidence verifying Jesus lived, died and was resurrected that they ultimately became Christians! Have faith and believe!

1 Cor 6:14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also.
    Phil 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
    Phil 2:5-8 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death--even death on a cross!
    Matt 28:7 “Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
    Acts 1:3 After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God.
    Acts 13:30-31 But God raised him from the dead, and for many days he was seen by those who had traveled with him from Galilee to Jerusalem. They are now his witnesses to our people.
    1 Cor 15:6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.

1 Paul and Marie Little, Know Why You Believe (Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press, 1988) 58.

*Hint: Picture two women with an angel, and an open tomb with a cloth laying inside.

______

Re above post, I was wrong on my art note. I got to thinking that I seemed to remember that there was more than one piece of cloth. I searched and found that in John, so the children should instead imagine, "two women with an angel, and an open tomb with pieces of cloth laying inside" rather than "a cloth." My apologies for the error.

John 20:1-10 Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. 2 So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don’t know where they have put him!” 3 So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. 4 Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. 5 He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. 6 Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, 7 as well as the cloth that had been wrapped around Jesus’ head. The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen. 8 Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. 9 (They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead.) 10 Then the disciples went back to where they were staying.
    Last edited by Steve53; April 22nd, 2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Typo

______

Earth Day - April 22

Rom 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Earth Day is scheduled for April 22 this year. For those who want to not only combat earth worship, but also explain the creation viewpoint to your children or students, some of the below links may help. Some of the info is suitable for older students:

Mother Nature
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1797...20#post2465920

Young-Earth Info (for young folks)
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1797...07#post2375507

Young-Earth Info (for adults and teens)
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1797...13#post2375513

Young Earth - Selected quotes and Bible passages
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1797...19#post2375519

Young-Earth Opportunities and Footnotes
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1797...31#post2375531

______