Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Apostasy Sons of Anarchy

Hello Everyone...

Before I explain the situation, let me point out that maybe I am more then a little sensitive to what is transpiring, with good reason IMO...

The last few days, my husband has been watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix, sadly, he is only on season one...UGH
    If anyone is familiar with this show, they know it promotes NOTHING wholesome...murder, drugs, sex and most bothersome...a LOT of blasphemy toward God. In just the last 24 hours I can not count how many times they have used God/Jesus' name in vain... In addition, one character spoke of her abortion as 'not' being a 'baby'...another goodie was when another character belittled her ex-DIL who is/was drug addicted, for religious tendencies (prayer perhaps, or a cross necklace ?) by telling her that the only Jesus she knows is the one who mows her grass...and the list grows. Personally, I can not listen to 3...or more seasons of this It makes me want to scream. To answer a few questions that may come from my situation...We have a small home, and hubby has hearing issues...so it's a bit difficult to get out of hearing range. And yes...you would be correct in assuming that he does not 'get it'...I have brought up multiple issues of the times we live in and he does not see it, Biblically...

It has been hard to hold my tongue, and I have spoken my mind a few times already...I can't imagine having to endure further seasons. Any advice...? How do/would you handle such a situation...? Thanks in advance...

Awakened,

Prayer is powerful, so of course, pray about the situation, that God uses it to His glory.

Could you leave the house and go out? Even in the yard to do yeardwork while it is on? Or go to the grocery store? If you have to be in the house, maybe buy some earplugs. Then read your Bible. It is amazing how God works through His Word.

Try to be loving to your husband, and don't lecture, as you've already seen, it doens't help.

Hope this helps!
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

I would go to the local drug store and buy some earplugs and go into another room and read.

Better than ear plugs is a personal radio or mp3 player. I have a personal radio with earbuds that I wear around when I'm doing housework.

Btw, the flesh will make up all sorts of justifications and rationalizations for watching blaspheming tv shows.

If he is watching Netflix through your TV, you might want to invest in a TV Guardian Foul Language Filter. You hook it up to your TV and it bleeps out profanity and swear words.

Alternatively, have you considered getting ear phones for him with a cord long enough to sit a comfortable distance from the TV, computer or whatever he is watching on?

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Or if you think there is a chance he might read a list of relevant Scriptures:

Ps 119:37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
    Ps 101:3-4 I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me. Men of perverse heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with evil.
    Ps 141:4 Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers . . .
    Ps 119:144 Your statutes are forever right; give me understanding that I may live.
    1 Tim 1:13-16 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.
    James 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

Or help him see a typical Hollywood outlook:
    Prov 13:2 . . . the unfaithful have a craving for violence.
    Jer 5:26-28 “Among my people are wicked men who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch men. Like cages full of birds, their houses are full of deceit; they have become rich and powerful and have grown fat and sleek. Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not plead the case of the fatherless to win it, they do not defend the rights of the poor.”
    Rom 8:5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
    Ps 11:5 The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked and those who love violence his soul hates.
    2 Pet 2:18 For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Your not alone in this. And this is reason enough for me to not go inside before 6 or so.
    My wife likes Oprah, and if that's not enough, here comes "elen". Then, there is the LOGO channel. Nothing like a good drag queen show. I nearly smashed the tv over that one.

Have you tried crying?
    Seems to work for my wife.

Every long once in a while my wife will bring home some tv serious that I don't even want to have in the house. I'll tell her to remove it from the house. I've got her wearing a headset now when she watches tv series on the computer... that way neither I nor the kids have to listen to it if we're nearby. Would he wear a headset?
    Tall Timbers

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim