Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will things change?

Default Will things change?

I've been doing so much thinking about end times events the last few weeks with all that's going on. My biggest wonder is whether things will settle back down again as they have in the past or will they continue to escalate? I know all is contingent upon God and His timetable...but from a human perspective, what are some thoughts going through your minds?

Here is what I think...it's short and relatively simple (from my mind at least):

1. Iran will continue to develop their technology toward the creation of a nuclear weapon and is close to that goal.
    2. Iran will continue to want Israel wiped out....once and for all...and will not cease until she is gone, (but will survive by the power of God).
    3. Israel very well knows this and knows she can't wait forever.
    4. Israel stands alone....nearly all, if not all countries have turned their backs on her....including America, even after asking for our help.

How can things return to normalcy if Iran continues to push as well as hatred grows and countries abandon Israel? Aside from God intervening....I don't see how this can not end up in all out war. Am I off in my thinking? Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Patti311; September 24th, 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Correction by In Christ (thank you)
    "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries

I do not think your off in your thoughts. I will say that for item #2 Iran will not cease its rhetoric but Israel will survive, humbly damaged but will survive. We are clearly in the midst of the end-times scenarios. I do not see a lull right now, nor do I see one coming anytime soon. I see alot of positioning, which ultimately will lead to war in the ME.

I sense your ready for the Rapture? Join the club Patti... We all know that there is a glorious eternal kingdom waiting for our inhabitance. As soon as God our Father determines all have been gathered in, we will be called home. It's in his timing. I see God orchestrating events around the globe that are such a cause for concern that many are led to Christ through them. As a result reaching the number of the Gentiles is close and the end of the Age of Grace nears its end.

I will keep my eyes on the skies, my ears to the news and my burning for Christ... God Bless!
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Quote Originally Posted by Patti311 View Post
    How can things return to normalcy if Iran continues to push as well as hatred grows and countries abandon Israel? Aside from God intervening....I don't see how this can not end up in all out war. Am I off in my thinking? Any thoughts?
    It is possible for Iran to back down, for Israel not to move forward with plans to strike. If there is anything I've learned over the last few decades, things can back down from going over the cliff.

I do however think Iran is mostly bluff, but Israel is certainly serious. Even if Israel does strike, it doesn't necessarily mean it will all boil over. I think Irans boisterous claims are the norm, if anything over there can be considered normal. We'll just have to watch and wait for the Lord.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

I agree, and I also believe that Obama's current position regarding Israel is the reason America is not mentioned in the end times scenario. The sad part is I don't think the current administrations policy reflect the majority of Americans stand on Israel.

All I can say is I love my Lord Jesus and I anxiously await his arrival.
    Larbear,

1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Fox news is reporting that Iran is threating that if Israel attacks them they will attack U.S bases.
    http://news.yahoo.com/iran-threatens...143141162.html
    Last edited by adamrach; September 24th, 2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: add link

We're hearing that a lot of what comes out of the ME is bluff and bluster...but how can we be sure? I know we can't....but I don't want us to be
    surprised someday then replying "we didn't expect that.....we thought they were just full of hot air"...(simplistically put). If Israel is attacked, the will protect themselves, we all know that from God's Word.....I'm simply wondering if there will be any "trigger signs" that we may know the threats are "real" this time.

Perhaps I'm doing too much thinking....but wow, it's so on my mind.
    "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries

The only way I see a lull coming is if Romney is elected. That would mean that once again Israel could depend on support from the U.S.

I really think Romney has a very good chance of winning especially considering all the prayers God's people are sending up for that result. However, I wonder if tptb will sit idly by and watch Obama lose after they've come this far. What might they have up their sleeve? Whatever it is it won't be good for America, Jews and/or Christians.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

My biggest wonder is whether things will settle back down again as they have in the past or will they continue to escalate?
    I don't think things will settle back down like they have in the past. Things have been escalating. The end is very soon, so yeah everything is going to get worse.

I think about this a lot, too much some might say. I would love to see our military thumb their nose at Obama and fly off to Israel to defend her in her hour of need. I don't say this lightly because it might mean the loss of American lives, but I would love for the majority of folks to stand up and tell Obama, "we are not turning our backs on Israel and if you don't like it, there's the door!"
    John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

fan4sure:

You're mean, vicious, sneaky, and have no respect for the Commander in Chief. I like that in a person.

What I was thinking was maybe getting a job at NORAD and programming a nuke to hit Tehran just before your raiders move in. I could say, "Sorry, I didn't know I entered "Tehran" - I thought I punched in "Test Run". Oh well, win a few, lose a few."

We're hearing that a lot of what comes out of the ME is bluff and bluster...but how can we be sure?
    Its one of those things, someday it won't be, they'll need to back up all their murderous threats.

I think its partly because of the history of bombastic people over there. They actually think they can defeat the US with all their "death to America" chants. I heard the Iranian leader person just blatantly write off Israel as nothing, as if they have no history over there, barely able to acknowledge they exist at all, how Israel has been around just a few years, whereas 'us Persians' have been here for seven or ten thousand years. He can't even force himself to face up to history. That to me is a sign of a punk, who will fold if we had a real President in there. I don't think Romney is up to taking a swing of that 'big stick' I keep hearing Presidents have, but who knows. Once Israel is engaged in full war, the whole thing can spiral rapidly. Don't Panic! Just be Rapture Ready!

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

I think things will change.For the worse

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    "Sorry, I didn't know I entered "Tehran" - I thought I punched in "Test Run". Oh well, win a few, lose a few."
    "its merely a bump in the road...."

I think this is the time!! The ME is inflamed and tensions are at an all time high. Iran's trek towards a nuke proceeds undaunted. I read an article today that said Hockeduponmydinnerjacket's term as president ends in 2013. He truly believes that he is divinely appointed to help bring forth the 12th Imam and appears to take that extremely seriously. Add to that the rumor of war between the two Korea's, China and Japan, tons of military hardware in the Persian gulf, and the "generation" that saw the rebirth of Israel well in their seventies. The world is clamoring for a world leader, the global economy appears to be practically on the verge of coming to fruition, likely brought about by a worldwide economic collapse. People all over the world are clamoring for a one world government and Israel stands alone. WOW!!! And that doesn't include the many earthquakes and other signs in nature we were told to look for. We all gave a sense that we're going home and things of this world become dimmer by the day. Most around the world appear to going about life business as usual as apostasy in churches escalates and deception grows exponentially. Off the charts violence, increasing interest in secular humanism, rampant homosexuality, and a complete turning upside down of right versus wrong. The world is ripe to be turned over to the AC after the rapture. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is being preached throughout the world like never before and technology is set for the MOTB. It's here and we're going home very soon!!!! Maranatha!!! Come Lord Jesus!!!!!

I sure hope you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Larbear View Post
    I agree, and I also believe that Obama's current position regarding Israel is the reason America is not mentioned in the end times scenario....
    I wouldn't give our narcissist in chief that much credit.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by carol1948 View Post
    The only way I see a lull coming is if Romney is elected. That would mean that once again Israel could depend on support from the U.S.

I really think Romney has a very good chance of winning especially considering all the prayers God's people are sending up for that result. However, I wonder if tptb will sit idly by and watch Obama lose after they've come this far. What might they have up their sleeve? Whatever it is it won't be good for America, Jews and/or Christians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    I wouldn't give our narcissist in chief that much credit.
    Why would the progress of prophecy be contingent upon what happens in America and specifically the outcome of American elections, and even more specifically one man's foreign policy intentions? It's a much bigger world out there and while America is part of it, it's only a part, not the be and end all.

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Why would the progress of prophecy be contingent upon what happens in America and specifically the outcome of American elections, and even more specifically one man's foreign policy intentions? It's a much bigger world out there and while America is part of it, it's only a part, not the be and end all.
    We won't know everything until its all over, but Israels enemies would certainly take notice and be more aggressive if the US gives a green light. And prophecy is all about Israel. Some would say the present turmoil over there is a direct result of Obamas policies. Obama may very well let it be known the US will stand down and not interfere if Israel is in a fight for its life. Whether the US stands up or stands down, it has a big impact. The US is not the only country in the world, but it is a big factor when it comes to war at this point in history.

Bible Different take on this

It has been my belief for several years that Israel will never have to attack Iran. They will have to fight those surrounding them (Isaiah 17) and they will win. I do think that it will take everything that Israel can come up to win, but win they will. They will be left in a desperate condition if the US or someone else will not resupply them with the equipment that they need. They may have used atomic weapons on Damascus, and maybe even other nations around them. I believe that this will be the excuse and hook for Russia to invade with the Idea of destroying Israel and taking over their land. They will use the same reasons that the US did to attack Irack and remove Sadam from power. No one will stand against Russia and Israel will be left with no way out. It will look like Israel is done for, and nothing anyone can do will be able to save them. (Ezekiel 38). Only problem no one gave any thought about Israel's GOD comming to their aid and destroying the armys that have came against them. When it is done, we will have been long gone in the Rapture sometime aroung Ezekiel 38/

One thing that could keep Israel from having to attack Iran's nukes is GOD could send a earthquake to just the place need to wreck the plants and spread the enriched uranum all over the plants insides, with no way to go in and clean up the mess. They could go, but most or all would die.

ISRAEL IS GOING TO WIN IN THE END. I HAVE READ THE BOOK, AND SKIPED TO THE END TO SEE HOW EVERYTHING PLAYS OUT.
    William Beason

I think it is referred to as birth pangs. To me that means as we get closer the pangs will get more intense and closer together.