Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will things change?

[QUOTE=ronbo477;2297271]I think it is referred to as birth pangs. To me that means as we get closer the pangs will get more intense and closer together.[/QUOTE]

I think that is the pattern we are told to watch and expect , ... as the end draws near , the contractions are stronger and closer together .

BTW , aren't we out of here 'before' the 'birth' ?

Quote Originally Posted by steinhatchee View Post
    BTW , aren't we out of here 'before' the 'birth' ?
    Yep, wayyyy before the birth. The birth is after the Trib at Jesus' Second Coming.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

I doubt that things are going to change. one key reason for this is the alarming number of scoffers in the world today especially in the church. they say these things have happened time and time again which is true. but there are two major reasons why it is completeky different today. One is that ALL of the signs are happening at the SAME TIME. That hasnt happened before in our history until now and they are sure picking up with frequency and intensity. The 2nd reason and most important reason is that Israel is alive and well as a nation again today. it has nearly been 70 years since israel came back onto the scene. Either the generation that saw them return as a nation, or tge generation that saw them take back control of Jerusalem or the generation that saw all the signs Jesus warned us about would be the generation that WOULD SEE HIM RETURN! And guess what? All 3 has happened or is happening now.
    "For the wages of sin is DEATH but the gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE through JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD" Romans 6:23

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    It is possible for Iran to back down, for Israel not to move forward with plans to strike. If there is anything I've learned over the last few decades, things can back down from going over the cliff.

I do however think Iran is mostly bluff, but Israel is certainly serious. Even if Israel does strike, it doesn't necessarily mean it will all boil over. I think Irans boisterous claims are the norm, if anything over there can be considered normal. We'll just have to watch and wait for the Lord.
    I agree with your assessment.

I have seen so much ebb and flow over the years. There have many many volatile situations in Israel from the 6 day war, the intifadas, bus explosions, olympic athletes murdered, dome of the rock issues, rockets launched, threats, threats, and more threats. The U.S. has been involved in two gulf wars. We had hostages taken by Iran that sent us to the brink. We trained and helped Osama bin laden and then we felt his wrath before ultimately killing a muslim leader (thought we might have some retribution). We experienced 911 and all that that entailed, including the uncertainty of the future and the creation of Homeland Security. We have more government interference in our lives than ever before and I doubt that we will ever go back to the good ole days.

There really have been many times in our recent past that people have felt that things could not possibly get any worse. People are rather resilient. I know we are marching towards the end, but only the Lord knows when. Until that time, we have to watch, wait, and above all .................. spread the Message of the Gospel!!

Israel

It seems Iran is a key part of this. Should they back down from their nuclear stance, the world could gain some time. The thing is, Amadmannutjob wants to bring 'mahdi' out of hiding. The only way to do that is to throw the world into chaos and eliminate all Israeli's, according the the nutjobs way of thinking. Being totally insane, he has no reason to listen to reason. In fact, I believe he may have said something to the effect of "it doesn't matter how many muslims die as long as madhi returns". It may have been someone else who said that, but it shows the mindset of some muslims.

From stories I've seen on the internet, stories with headlines such as "Muslim Brotherhood Declares War on America" from 2010 and "Muslims: 'Wipe Christianity from Face of Earth'" earlier this year, I don't think there will be any more lulls in the birth pangs. Unless islam quiets down, evil will grow larger and stronger.

If things are going to change, it appears that they are going to change for the worst. The worst that is for the world, we who believe have a marriage supper in the Fathers Kingdom to look forward to. I'm waiting for that great change that clothes us in immortality that we can forever dwell with our Lord!

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

It is possible for Iran to back down, for Israel not to move forward with plans to strike. If there is anything I've learned over the last few decades, things can back down from going over the cliff.

I do however think Iran is mostly bluff, but Israel is certainly serious. Even if Israel does strike, it doesn't necessarily mean it will all boil over. I think Irans boisterous claims are the norm, if anything over there can be considered normal. We'll just have to watch and wait for the Lord.
    I agree with this, but I think what is different now is as Jamar points out, in particular the part in emphasis...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamar643 View Post
    I doubt that things are going to change. one key reason for this is the alarming number of scoffers in the world today especially in the church. they say these things have happened time and time again which is true. but there are two major reasons why it is completeky different today. One is that ALL of the signs are happening at the SAME TIME. That hasnt happened before in our history until now and they are sure picking up with frequency and intensity. The 2nd reason and most important reason is that Israel is alive and well as a nation again today. it has nearly been 70 years since israel came back onto the scene. Either the generation that saw them return as a nation, or tge generation that saw them take back control of Jerusalem or the generation that saw all the signs Jesus warned us about would be the generation that WOULD SEE HIM RETURN! And guess what? All 3 has happened or is happening now.

My thinking now is that things will not ever return to relative normal (when has there ever been a time in history where the world has been in complete peace and disaster free anyway?). There should be little doubt however that the world is going through sweeping and rapid change like we haven't seen before - at least since immediately prior to WWII from a political and social perspective. I'm just scanning headlines this morning and there is so much going on it is quite mind boggling.

I think my only change of thinking since last year is that while things will never return from hereon into whatever future remains before the rapture, they could just pan out a little longer than I had anticipated. But boy that is not a solid steadfast position because there really is so much happening, it could escalate rapidly or otherwise the world suddenly turns a chapter with the rapture and the beginnings of the trib.

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    I agree with this, but I think what is different now is as Jamar points out, in particular the part in emphasis...
    Oh I don't disagree at all, its just an admittance that it is possible for things to calm back down from its current height. I wouldn't say at all things will change from where they are, its just possible for events to just simmer down a little bit. It will take a peace plan of some sort to make a significant change from its current state. That will be a change for sure...
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Oh I don't disagree at all, its just an admittance that it is possible for things to calm back down from its current height. I wouldn't say at all things will change from where they are, its just possible for events to just simmer down a little bit. It will take a peace plan of some sort to make a significant change from its current state. That will be a change for sure...
    Yes I'm not holding to any sure and steadfast forward view myself. The way things were going last year I thought we would be lucky to see half way through this year. Yet here we are now almost three quarters the way through 2012 and the world continues on. I have since revised my outlook accordingly.

Having said that though, there is a lot of volatility around and alarm bells are going off left and right, from various end time teachers to unbelievers abroad to speakers at the UN Summit. So it's not like a few fringe conspiracy theorists or whacky end-of-the-world alarmists are the only groups signalling some serious world change and transformation currently. A quick outline of current events supports such views:

• Of course, the ongoing tensions between Israel and Iran as per the OP over Iran's nuclear developments
    • Continuing brutal civil war in Syria and bombings in Damascus
    • Rising bitter tensions between China, Japan and Taiwan over the disputed islands in the South East China Sea
    • Conflicts in places like Afghanistan, the Congo, Somalia, Libya, Sudan and South Sudan
    • Advancing Islamic violence and deadly protests around the world
    • Ongoing Eurozone debt crisis with massive protests in Spain, Greece and Portugal - the entire country of Greece is expected to shut down
    • Synchronized slowing of major world economies amid countries falling into recession despite massive open-ended globally coordinated central bank stimulus with increasingly diminishing results
    • Continued severe weather events around the world with Britain just reporting its worse September storm in over 30 years
    • Calls for a new world order and a new global governance structure to deal with all these rising "global" problems

Not an exhaustive list but one that shows convincingly that things are not looking too peachy for the state of the world going forward.

In ezk, it says Gog will be the coalitions armorer. Which might mean an attack on Irans military infrastucture so she will be dependent on Gog to resupply?

Pray

Quote Originally Posted by Sonyab1974 View Post
    I don't think things will settle back down like they have in the past. Things have been escalating. The end is very soon, so yeah everything is going to get worse.
    The contractions are stronger than ever.

On the one hand, we eagerly, joyfully await the Rapture.

On the other, our hearts are heavy with the murders in Syria, all the unrest in the ME and so forth.

Don't see how they'll ease up anytime soon.

"All this is but the beginning the early pains of the birth pangs of the intolerable anguish."

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1884.cfm

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
    and a light unto my path."

Psalm 119:105

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    fan4sure:

You're mean, vicious, sneaky, and have no respect for the Commander in Chief. I like that in a person.

What I was thinking was maybe getting a job at NORAD and programming a nuke to hit Tehran just before your raiders move in. I could say, "Sorry, I didn't know I entered "Tehran" - I thought I punched in "Test Run". Oh well, win a few, lose a few."
    That's hilarious!

Only thing is, imo - if things slowed down / stopped / reversed....would we ever again believe the time is near? Now, say it all stopped, then started up again 10 or more yrs. later. Wouldn't the watchers say....."yeah, right.... I remember many yrs. ago when Israel was completely surrounded by enemies wanting to wipe it off the map, the global encomony was ready to collapse, Israel was calling for their Messiah, the Christians were sure Jesus was at the door, the Islam religion thought their "mahdi" was on stage", etc.... I know I would have a hard time getting excited about it again many yrs. down the road. It is all set up so perfect now!

Why would God tell us what to watch for - set it up exactly that way - then, have it come to nothing?

Just think, if we did that one time with our own children waiting for Christmas; you know, putting up the tree, wrapping their presents, planning all the family get togethers - then call Christmas off, I doubt they would get too excited the next yr. So, maybe it's just me, but I think this is it. We are living in the very final days before we see it all, imo. God wouldn't call us to watch, then trick us. ysic MG
    2 Thessalonians 3:2 ...and that we will be rescued from perverse and evil men; for not all have faith

Wow, MaryGold, I never looked at it that way before... Really makes me think. Thanks for explaining it in that way. You are right!! I really don't think our Father would tease us with all these signs and get us all excited and ready for the big event and then just postpone it.
    Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Default Will things Change

Quote Originally Posted by MaryGold View Post
    Only thing is, imo - if things slowed down / stopped / reversed....would we ever again believe the time is near? Now, say it all stopped, then started up again 10 or more yrs. later. Wouldn't the watchers say....."yeah, right.... I remember many yrs. ago when Israel was completely surrounded by enemies wanting to wipe it off the map, the global encomony was ready to collapse, Israel was calling for their Messiah, the Christians were sure Jesus was at the door, the Islam religion thought their "mahdi" was on stage", etc.... I know I would have a hard time getting excited about it again many yrs. down the road. It is all set up so perfect now!

Why would God tell us what to watch for - set it up exactly that way - then, have it come to nothing?

Just think, if we did that one time with our own children waiting for Christmas; you know, putting up the tree, wrapping their presents, planning all the family get togethers - then call Christmas off, I doubt they would get too excited the next yr. So, maybe it's just me, but I think this is it. We are living in the very final days before we see it all, imo. God wouldn't call us to watch, then trick us. ysic MG
    You aren't the only one. I too have thought that if we were given all the signs to watch for and told to be ready when you see all of this, then for it not to happen?... just doesn't seem that Jesus would be warning us about these things then. Who or what generation could ever know what to watch for anymore than the things we have witnessed. That's why it seems to me that we are that generation. God's word tells us to be encouraged as we see that day drawing near. How can we be encouraged if no one can know if it is near?

Quote Originally Posted by Kmby1 View Post
    You aren't the only one. I too have thought that if we were given all the signs to watch for and told to be ready when you see all of this, then for it not to happen?... just doesn't seem that Jesus would be warning us about these things then. Who or what generation could ever know what to watch for anymore than the things we have witnessed. That's why it seems to me that we are that generation. God's word tells us to be encouraged as we see that day drawing near. How can we be encouraged if no one can know if it is near?
    This is what I have mentioned in a couple of posts on threads where we have discussed this issue previously. If we cannot know what "these things" (Luke 21:28) are, then we can never point to any event to mark the beginning of "these things" or when the leaves will shoot forth on the fig tree (Luke 21:29-31), with exception of the rapture and the beginning of the trib. I'm convinced we are being revealed "the season" and "the signs of the times" even if it takes longer to fulfill than what I had anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    The contractions are stronger than ever.

On the one hand, we eagerly, joyfully await the Rapture.

On the other, our hearts are heavy with the murders in Syria, all the unrest in the ME and so forth.

Don't see how they'll ease up anytime soon.

"All this is but the beginning the early pains of the birth pangs of the intolerable anguish."

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1884.cfm

Oh yeah you are so right! The end is so very close! I'm exciting and I can't wait until Jesus comes! We are the generation of seeing him! The murders in Syria is very sad, and we should pray for the families that lost their loved ones and pray for the murderers's souls.

I have Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening devotional. His writings took place in the 1800's. I notice that there is not much emphasis on the rapture...thot that was interesting. Does anyone know of examples of Christian writers in the past passionate on the subject?

I love scenarios, don't you?

My thinking is that, in a last ditch effort to retain power, Assad will get a nuke from Iran and, when Damascus is finally taken and their is celebrating in the streets, he will use it (Isa 17:1). This will put the west on the side of Israel to make war against the Iranian influence in the ME. War (Zech 11:1-3, Psa 83, Isa 15, 16, 19, and several others) will ensue war with Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Egypt. And as Zech 11 foresees, there will be a peace covenant to follow meaning you know what.

Does this set the "schedule" for next spring IAW Bibi's "bomb" teaching? Maybe. Or maybe Assad already has a nuke from the shipments out of Iraq years ago. Isn't he right now being watched so he doesn't use chemical weapons on his own people?

We'll just have to wait and pray and see.

skypair