Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Lake of Fire: Black Hole?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,939

    Default Lake of Fire: Black Hole?

    Today on the Rapture Ready news page, there's an article (with links and comments) about measuring the mouth of a giant black hole. I've often wondered if the lake of fire could be a gigantic black hole. Since there's no escape of any kind from a black hole (not even a thing as fleeting as light), it seems a good place where Satan, other angelic spirits and human souls in bodies "where their worm dies not" (Mark 9:43-48) would never be able to escape, where they will "be tormented day and night forever and ever." Revelation 20:10

    Unbelievers think there is no hell and no lake of fire. Wondering what the scholars, the science-minded and others here like me who are curious (no pun intended, but there it is ) think...


    Revelation 20:1-15

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    It is my (limited) understanding that each galaxy has a black hole at its center. Would speculate that Jesus, when He uncreates creation, might utilize the black holes for that purpose. Just thinking out loud. Furthermore, the Whirlpool Galaxy has an X structure in the black hole center which some feel looks like Jesus hanging on the cross from before the foundations of the world.

    However You do it Lord, please come and get us. We just want to be where You are, in Your dwelling place forever. In Jesus' name, amen.
    Mary Brown

    John 15:18-25

    Revelation 4:1
    New International Version (1984)
    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbrown1219 View Post
    It is my (limited) understanding that each galaxy has a black hole at its center. Would speculate that Jesus, when He uncreates creation, might utilize the black holes for that purpose. Just thinking out loud. Furthermore, the Whirlpool Galaxy has an X structure in the black hole center which some feel looks like Jesus hanging on the cross from before the foundations of the world.

    However You do it Lord, please come and get us. We just want to be where You are, in Your dwelling place forever. In Jesus' name, amen.
    if its at the center of the black hole how can anyone see it? We cant even see black holes, we just infer that they are there due to the effect they have on everything around them.

    just wondering
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,888

    Default Google Whirlpool Galaxy

    http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...irlpool+galaxy

    I told you my understanding is limited, Justin. Why don't you Google Whirlpool Galaxy X structure and then you can tell me what you know about it if you want to?
    Mary Brown

    John 15:18-25

    Revelation 4:1
    New International Version (1984)
    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    33,842

    Default

    i think literal fire is supposed to be there. where would that fit with a black hole? friction, perhaps?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,888

    Pray

    Maybe the Whirlpool Galaxy is where heaven is, not hell. That was my thinking on the subject brought up by the OP of hell being in a black hole. Perhaps heaven is too!

    us Lord!
    Mary Brown

    John 15:18-25

    Revelation 4:1
    New International Version (1984)
    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbrown1219 View Post
    It is my (limited) understanding that each galaxy has a black hole at its center. Would speculate that Jesus, when He uncreates creation, might utilize the black holes for that purpose. Just thinking out loud. Furthermore, the Whirlpool Galaxy has an X structure in the black hole center which some feel looks like Jesus hanging on the cross from before the foundations of the world.

    However You do it Lord, please come and get us. We just want to be where You are, in Your dwelling place forever. In Jesus' name, amen.
    Don't know much about about about galaxies and space but I do know I like the Whirlpool Galaxy Mary! Thanks

  8. #8
    Raphael Guest

    Default

    I don't believe realms of the afterlife are in the known physical universe. A black hole has such density that matter is compressed to a pinpoint. Hardly "Hell hath enlarged itself" (for more residents)?

    I don't think God needs gravity to keep the lost from escaping their terminal residence.

    Also - there's lots of black holes. I would guess there's only one hell.

    However, when a critical mass of expenditure of funds intended to materialize within a future space-time continuum occurs, an economy will collapse in on itself into a pinhead point comprised of minds that are infinitely dense. This celestial feature is called an "Obamahole".

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,888

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppycat View Post
    Don't know much about about about galaxies and space but I do know I like the Whirlpool Galaxy Mary!
    Thanks
    I do confess that I don't know much myself, but I do know the One Who knows it all! Some day soon, He is going to call me home, and I am so convinced of that by His Word (promises, prophecy) that I do believe that is all I really need to know at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    I don't believe realms of the afterlife are in the known physical universe. A black hole has such density that matter is compressed to a pinpoint. Hardly "Hell hath enlarged itself" (for more residents)?

    I don't think God needs gravity to keep the lost from escaping their terminal residence.

    Also - there's lots of black holes. I would guess there's only one hell.
    But speculation about God's wonderfully created universe is a fun thing for me in the meantime. He put it there for us to enjoy.
    Mary Brown

    John 15:18-25

    Revelation 4:1
    New International Version (1984)
    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Missing Bubba. Loving Elsa Rose...
    Posts
    15,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbrown1219 View Post
    But speculation about God's wonderfully created universe is a fun thing for me in the meantime. He put it there for us to enjoy.
    ...which is a good argument as to why NASA isnt the 'waste of money' many Christians seem to think it is.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    33,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    ...which is a good argument as to why NASA isnt the 'waste of money' many Christians seem to think it is.


  12. #12
    IMSAVED Guest

    Default

    Hmmm....interesting thought Mary.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Black holes are one of the most fascinating things in the universe. I have always had a deep interest and desire to know more. Like what's on the other side? Is there another side? Is it really a hole? Do they have a purpose? Science is so limited in their understanding of them and even what they claim is mostly conjecture and guesses. I can't wait to meet our Creator and ask Him myself!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    However, when a critical mass of expenditure of funds intended to materialize within a future space-time continuum occurs, an economy will collapse in on itself into a pinhead point comprised of minds that are infinitely dense. This celestial feature is called an "Obamahole".
    I like this description of infinitely dense pinhead minds resulting in an "Obamahole" which is a sort of hell on earth further preparing those dense minds for the real Lake of Fire.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,745

    Default

    I like to imagine in my eternal body I'll be able to go in and out of black holes as I see fit, just for kicks. I've always been fascinated by black holes. I wouldn't attribute them to Hell or the Lake of Fire.

    Maybe check out some of the strange, beautiful, and unknown worlds in the whirlpool galaxy. Take a stroll on the 'surface' of Saturn or the other gas giants... gotta have that Pluto party with Jlutz and the others!

    All of that would be wonderful, but those potential experiences don't amount to Heaven in of themselves and black holes don't add up to the descriptions of Hell or the Lake of Fire.

    It's recently been thought that black holes indeed eject quantum particles, via particle-antiparticle pairs in what's known as Bekenstein's radiation theory.

    In short what this means is that black holes may well decay (entropy) maybe become weaker black holes, or even cease to exist altogether given time!

    The Lake of Fire is the Lake of Fire and not a black hole. Heaven is Heaven and not the whirlpool galaxy. Black holes and the whirlpool galaxy are simply parts of this physical universe.

    Though our Lord and God knows of them more then us beyond our simple thoughts or their place in the skies as lights in the night.

  16. #16
    IMSAVED Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyK View Post
    I like to imagine in my eternal body I'll be able to go in and out of black holes as I see fit, just for kicks. I've always been fascinated by black holes. I wouldn't attribute them to Hell or the Lake of Fire.

    Maybe check out some of the strange, beautiful, and unknown worlds in the whirlpool galaxy. Take a stroll on the 'surface' of Saturn or the other gas giants... gotta have that Pluto party with Jlutz and the others!

    All of that would be wonderful, but those potential experiences don't amount to Heaven in of themselves and black holes don't add up to the descriptions of Hell or the Lake of Fire.

    It's recently been thought that black holes indeed eject quantum particles, via particle-antiparticle pairs in what's known as Bekenstein's radiation theory.

    In short what this means is that black holes may well decay (entropy) maybe become weaker black holes, or even cease to exist altogether given time!

    The Lake of Fire is the Lake of Fire and not a black hole. Heaven is Heaven and not the whirlpool galaxy. Black holes and the whirlpool galaxy are simply parts of this physical universe.

    Though our Lord and God knows of them more then us beyond our simple thoughts or their place in the skies as lights in the night.
    I have always imagined exploring the huge universe.Visting a planet that no one knows about that is undescribably beautiful that God has made just for us to enjoy.

  17. #17
    Godslove Guest

    Default

    I have long thought that the lake of fire could be a black hole.

    From what I understand a black hole is just a sun that is so dense that even light cannot escape. So it very much would be like a lake of fire.

    Read Jude 13.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Missing Bubba. Loving Elsa Rose...
    Posts
    15,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyK View Post
    The Lake of Fire is the Lake of Fire and not a black hole. Heaven is Heaven and not the whirlpool galaxy. Black holes and the whirlpool galaxy are simply parts of this physical universe.
    +1
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godslove View Post
    I have long thought that the lake of fire could be a black hole.

    From what I understand a black hole is just a sun that is so dense that even light cannot escape. So it very much would be like a lake of fire.

    Read Jude 13.
    Interesting, but misleading when read in a snippet. In context, that bit of Scripture isn't referring to actual wandering stars that have black darkness, but godless men being like wandering stars. It's those godless men "for whom the black darkness has been reserved forever."

    Jude 3-16


    3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

    4 For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

    5 Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, subsequently destroyed those who did not believe.

    6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,

    7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

    8 Yet in the same way these men, also by dreaming, defile the flesh, and reject authority, and revile angelic majesties.

    9 But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

    10 But these men revile the things which they do not understand; and the things which they know by instinct, like unreasoning animals, by these things they are destroyed.

    11 Woe to them! For they have gone the way of Cain, and for pay they have rushed headlong into the error of Balaam, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.

    12 These are the men who are hidden reefs in your love feasts when they feast with you without fear, caring for themselves; clouds without water, carried along by winds; autumn trees without fruit, doubly dead, uprooted;

    13 wild waves of the sea, casting up their own shame like foam; wandering stars, for whom the black darkness has been reserved forever.

    14 It was also about these men that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, “Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones,

    15 to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

    16 These are grumblers, finding fault, following after their own lusts; they speak arrogantly, flattering people for the sake of gaining an advantage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •