Thread: The Seed of Men

Default The Seed of Men

I am curious about Daniel 2:43. I am going to show it in several versions because I don't understand it.
    NKJV - "As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay."
    ASV - "And whereas thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men; but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron does not mingle with clay."
    ESV - "As you saw the iron mixed with soft clay, so they will mix with one another in marriage, but they will not hold together, just as iron does not mix with clay."
    NIV - "And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay."

The NKJV and the ASV say "mingle with the seed of men", the ESV says mix with one another in marriage, and the NIV completely changes it and says that the people will be a mixture. What is it? Does the phrase "mingle with the seed of men" reference Genesis 6:4 which says "...when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them."? How does this relate to the prophecy about the revived Roman Empire? Will there be "demonic offspring" (for the lack of a better phrase) in the revived Roman Empire and the one world government?

Israel

This is an excellent question which is very hard to address. Here is a link to a commentary on the subject that sounds very plausible to me. Perhaps it will be a help.

http://bible.cc/daniel/2-43.htm

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

This is a touchy subject, no one can really say for sure.

Luke 17:26-30

King James Version (KJV)

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

What were the days of Noe like?
    And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
    I stand with Israel, now and forever.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

No nephilim.

[06] Do not promote false teachings , false prophets, heretical movements, paganism, ritualism, Two House, Ten Lost Tribes, Third Wave Latter Rain, Words of Faith (WOF), Words of Knowledge (WOK), extra biblical teachings from tele-preachers, John Wimber's Vineyard teachings, Dominion theology, Soul Sleep, Signs & Wonders, Gospel to the Stars, astrology - Mazzaroth teachings, Toronto Blessings, Mike Bickle's I.H.O.Prayer, 7th Day (Sabbath) keeping, liturgy of works and practices for obtaining and maintaining salvation, Eucharist, Lordship Salvation, Calvinism, predestination, catechisms (RCC and their offshoots), Hebrew Roots (and their offshoots) Ecumenism, baptismal regeneration, prayers for the dead, false scriptures such as the Pseudepigrapha , Apocrypha, Book of Mormon, Bible codes, Ufology, Inccubi, Succubi, Angelic procreation and cloning, demon seeds (Nephilim), or any other extra biblical preoccupations with demonic and extrasensory beliefs.

Do not post from tele-teachers entangled in any of the extra-biblical teachings above such as TBN, Perry Stone, Jesse Duplantis, Alex Jones, Todd Bentley, J. R. Church, Rick Warren, Don Piper - "90 Minutes in Heaven", Five Doves, Coo Thomas, Sid Roth, etc...
    Do not promote keeping old testament Mosaic law (but we are also not antinomianists for we believe in obedience to Jesus)
    Do not promote Neo-Orthodoxy or any teachings of Karl Barth, Emil Brunner, Søren Kierkegaard, Paul Tillich, Bonhoeffer, etc...

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.