Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
Results 1,261 to 1,266 of 1266

Thread: Got some favorite quotes?

Inspiration from Joseph's example instead of the world's example

-The weakest and most timorous are the most revengeful and implacable. THOMAS FULLER

Gen 50:19-21 But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.
    Lev 19:18 "'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.'"

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Testing the spirits

-We need to realize that the Bible says to "test the spirits" and warns very strongly that the Last Days will be a time of "seducing spirits" and great deception. ANDREW STROM

1 Tim 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
    1 John 4:1-4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Weakness, strength and grace

-When God wants to move a mountain, he does not take a bar of iron, but he takes a little worm. The fact is, we have too much strength. We are not weak enough. It is not our strength that we want. One drop of God's strength is worth more than all the world. DWIGHT L. MOODY

Judges 7:2 And the Lord said unto Gideon, The people that are with thee are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, Mine own hand hath saved me.
    2 Cor 12:9-10 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
    Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
    2 Cor 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

______

Speaking up

-You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say. MARTIN LUTHER

Is 1:17 learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.
    Matt 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

______

Pride and humility

-Be not proud of race, face, place, or grace. SAMUEL RUTHERFORD

Job 33:6 I am just like you before God; I too have been taken from clay.
    Prov 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
    Prov 14:3 A fool’s mouth lashes out with pride, but the lips of the wise protect them.
    Prov 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.
    Matt 23:12 “For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”
    Rom 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.
    Rom 12:10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
    James 4:6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

______

Note: I'll be offline for a few days. As always, if someone feels like posting an inspirational quote they like, please do!

- - - - -

Discovering someone's true colors: watch how they act when annoyed

-Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment. C.S. LEWIS

Matt 7:17-20 "Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."
    Luke 6:44-45 "Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."
    1 John 2:3-6 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.4 The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.5 But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
    1 John 3:7-8 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.
    1 John 3:10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

______