Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 1,221 to 1,232 of 1232

Thread: Got some favorite quotes?

How to avoid criticism.....or not

-To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. E. HUBBARD

Deut 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
    Ps 31:23-24 Love the Lord, all his faithful people! The Lord preserves those who are true to him, but the proud he pays back in full.24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

1 Peter 3:17 NJKV
    For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil [or nothing at all].

James 4:17
    Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

Revelation 3:15-16
    “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.
    So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Perhaps the hottest criticism I ever got - from Mom and Dad was for doing, saying, being nothing.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

All EXCELLENT passages to put with that quote--thanks, Wally!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

John Newton's Bottom Line

-Many have puzzled themselves about the origin of evil. I am content to observe that there is evil, and that there is a way to escape from it, and with this I begin and end. JOHN NEWTON, author of "Amazing Grace"

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one:
    Rom 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Rom 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Rev 21:6-7 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son."

______

No God, no peace
    Know God, know peace

-God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing. C.S. LEWIS

A few passages on peace
    Is 48:22 "There is no peace," says the LORD, "for the wicked."
    Is 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
    John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
    John 16:33 "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
    Phil 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

And passing some blessings of peace on to you
    Num 6:24-26 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
    Rom 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
    2 Thes 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
    2 Pet 1:2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

______

Appeasement never works

-History shows that weakness makes war more likely, not less. Except, in the future, if war breaks out with Iran, there’s a good chance it will be the kind of war that has been unthinkable ever since it was first unleashed on the world exactly 70 years ago this summer—nuclear war. The events of the last few days have helped set the world stage for the great drama of Bible-predicted things to come. As I’ve said before, we are very near the rapture. HAL LINDSEY*

Matt 24:6-8 "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains."

*from The Hal Lindsey Report, dated July 24, 2015 at 21:28 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E413XrHWJ0s

______

Enjoying the present

-He that fears not the future may enjoy the present. THOMAS FULLER

Ps 37:37-38 Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace. But all sinners will be destroyed; the future of the wicked will be cut off.
    Ps 139:16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
    Prov 23:18 There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.
    Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
    Rom 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
    Rom 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

______

Believers: Overcomers who can look forward to the future

-Leave the broken, irreversible past in God's hands, and step out into the invincible future with Him. OSWALD CHAMBERS

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
    1 John 5:3-5 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
    Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
    Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
    Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
    Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
    Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
    Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
    Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

______

The path of the righteous

-The fool wanders, a wise man travels. THOMAS FULLER

Ps 37:23-24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
    Prov 11:5 The righteousness of the blameless makes a straight way for them, but the wicked are brought down by their own wickedness.
    Prov 16:17 The highway of the upright avoids evil; he who guards his way guards his life.
    Prov 21:16 A man who strays from the path of understanding comes to rest in the company of the dead.
    Prov 23:19 Listen, my son, and be wise, and keep your heart on the right path.
    Ps 86:11 Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
    Ps 119:1 Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD.
    Prov 4:14 Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men.
    Prov 8:20 I walk in the way of righteousness, along the paths of justice,
    Is 33:15-17 He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil--this is the man who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress. His bread will be supplied, and water will not fail him. Your eyes will see the king in his beauty and view a land that stretches afar.

______

Psalm 37:24

Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand.

Even when we trip and fall, Our Father picks us up and sets us walking again.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

None so blind

-There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know. JOHN HEYWOOD (and later, a bit differently) JONATHAN SWIFT

Mark 4:22-24 (AMP) [Things are hidden temporarily only as a means to revelation.] For there is nothing hidden except to be revealed, nor is anything [temporarily] kept secret except in order that it may be made known.23 If any man has ears to hear, let him be listening and let him perceive and comprehend.24 And He said to them, Be careful what you are hearing. The measure [of thought and study] you give [to the truth you hear] will be the measure [of virtue and knowledge] that comes back to you—and more [besides] will be given to you who hear.

Jer 5:21-23 Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear:22 Should you not fear me?” declares the Lord. “Should you not tremble in my presence? I made the sand a boundary for the sea, an everlasting barrier it cannot cross. The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail; they may roar, but they cannot cross it.23 But these people have stubborn and rebellious hearts; they have turned aside and gone away.24 They do not say to themselves, ‘Let us fear the Lord our God, who gives autumn and spring rains in season, who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.’25 Your wrongdoings have kept these away; your sins have deprived you of good.”

______

John 9:41
    Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

God Himself stood before them... and they could see Him, but refused to believe what they saw.

Lord, grant sinners not only sight, but perception.