Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1890

Thread: Got some favorite quotes?

Living with a "forever" perspective, not just a "now" perspective

-Live for the line, not the dot
    Life on earth is a dot. It begins. It ends. It’s brief.
    Life in Heaven is an unending line extending from that dot.
    We all live in the dot. If we’re wise, we’ll live for the line. RANDY ALCORN*

Acts 20:24 "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."
    1 Cor 7:29-31 What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none; those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.
    1 John 2:17 The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
    Ps 37:5-9 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.9 For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.
    2 Pet 1:19 We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
    Mark 8:36 “What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?”

*Randy Alcorn is the author of the wonderfully encouraging book, Heaven, and numerous other books available from his Eternal Perspective Ministries. He even offers the above quote in bookmark form. If you want to get a quick taste of his biblically based approach to his work, there are numerous videos of him on YouTube, such as this one: “Will Pets Be in Heaven?”

Related posts:
    795. Soon the battle will be over
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...93#post2496593
    870. These temporary storms before the dawn
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...09#post2507409
    879. Only what’s done for Christ will last
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...76#post2508676
    1045. If you are storing up treasures in heaven, you're even more excited about going there!
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...28#post2536528
    1052. Focusing on the life that is truly life, rather than this fleeting vapour
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...75#post2538075
    1384. Looking forward to eternity
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...71#post2587571
    1592. What we can and can’t take with us to heaven
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...02#post2604602

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Saint Patrick, children and the Trinity

Want to teach children about the Trinity? Saint Patrick’s story may help.

Born in Scotland, Saint Patrick (c. 387-?) was captured by pirates when he was 16 and sold as a slave to a chief in Ireland. He eventually became a priest in Rome, then served God in England. Later the Pope made him a bishop and sent him to Ireland as a missionary.

It is said that Patrick used the three-leaf clover to help explain the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Holding the shamrock he supposedly said, “Even as there are three leaves on this one stem, so there are three persons in one God.”1

In addition to the shamrock, you might use candles as in the quote below. You might also tell them to think about some of the many different “identities” humans have. For instance, a man is somebody’s son. He may also be a father, a husband, a brother, a college graduate, a building inspector, a voter, a Sunday school teacher, an artist and many more things. Once they consider how easy it is for humans to be several things at once, it may be easier to grasp how our almighty God can be three persons in one.

By the way, Saint Patrick is said to have converted over 100,000 people, built hundreds of churches and worked to end slavery.2 The shamrock is now regarded as the national emblem of Ireland.

-Tell me how it is that in this room there are three candles and but one light, and I will explain to you the mode of the divine existence. JOHN WESLEY

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
    Is 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
    Matt 3:16-17 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."
    Matt 28:19-20 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
    Luke 3:21-22 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
    John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
    John 14:16-17 "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."
    John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
    Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
    Gal 4:6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."
    1 Pet 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
    2 Cor 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

For more info on the Trinity:
    What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?
    http://www.gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.html

1 Lawrence G. Lovasik, Rev., New Picture Book of Saints (New York: Catholic Book Publishing Company, 1979) 24.
    2 Saints Who Worked Miracles (St. Paul, MN: Catholic Digest) 19.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Passing on true riches to one’s heirs

-I have now disposed of all my property to my family; there is one thing more I wish I could give them, and that is the Christian religion. If they had this, and I had not given them one shilling, they would be rich; but if they had not that, and I have given them all the world, they would be poor. The will of PATRICK HENRY (1736-1799), Founding Father
    -This is all the inheritance I give to my dear family. The religion of Christ will give them one which will make them rich indeed. PATRICK HENRY

Ps 16:5-6 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. 6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
    Ps 37:9 For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
    Ps 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
    Ps 37:18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
    Ps 37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
    Ps 37:28-29 For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off; the righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever.
    Ps 37:34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
    Matt 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    Matt 25:34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.’”
    John 1:12-13 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
    Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
    Rom 8:14-18 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    Gal 3:29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
    Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.
    Eph 1:18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.
    Col 1:12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.
    Col 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
    Titus 3:5-7 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
    1 John 3:1a See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! . . .
    1 Pet 1:3-7 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
    Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Related posts:
    489. No poverty in heaven
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...01#post2433001
    -He that overcometh shall inherit all things. God has no poor children. DWIGHT L. MOODY
    715. Family worship time in the home
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...34#post2478734
    -If therefore our houses be houses of the Lord, we shall for that reason love home, reckoning our daily devotion the sweetest of our daily delights; and our family-worship the most valuable of our family-comforts... A church in the house will be a good legacy, nay, it will be a good inheritance, to be left to your children after you. MATTHEW HENRY
    1403. How rich?
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...29#post2589629
    -I have all that I need here and heaven hereafter! How much richer could anybody want to be? LESTER ROLOFF
    1404. No contest
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...02#post2589802
    -I would not give one moment of heaven for all the joy and riches of the world. MARTIN LUTHER

[Note: I left the above list of verses black to facilitate printing in case anyone wants to print this post out and put it with their will.]

______

Ingratitude

-The greatest kindness will not bind the ungrateful. from "The Farmer and the Snake," Aesop’s Fables

2 Tim 3:1-5 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

______

I once was lost, but now am found; was blind, but now I see

-What is the reason that men are so half-hearted in seeking Christ? Why are they so soon deterred, and checked, and discouraged in drawing near to God? The answer is short and simple. They do not feel sufficiently their own sins. They are not thoroughly convinced of the plague of their own hearts, and the disease of their own souls. Once let a man see his own guilt, as it really is, and he will never rest till he has found pardon and peace in Christ. J.C. RYLE

Ps 10:13 Why does the wicked man revile God? Why does he say to himself, "He won't call me to account"?
    Ps 36:1-2 An oracle is within my heart concerning the sinfulness of the wicked: There is no fear of God before his eyes. 2 For in his own eyes he flatters himself too much to detect or hate his sin.
    Is 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
    1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
    1 Tim 1:15-16 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.
    Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
    Eph 2:4-5 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.
    Ezek 18:32 "For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!"
    2 Pet 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
    Luke 5:32 “I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
    Rom 2:4-5 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.
    2 Cor 7:8-10 Even if I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it. Though I did regret it--I see that my letter hurt you, but only for a little while--yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
    Luke 15:7 “I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.”
    Acts 26:17b-18 “‘ . . . I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’”

Il Divo - "Amazing Grace"

Related post:
    230. Limping to Heaven
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...35#post2371335
    286. Rationalizing, ignoring or otherwise being unconcerned with one’s sin
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...28#post2387328
    1278. Mercy, grace and love
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...28#post2576028

______

Death and taxes

-Tis impossible to be sure of any thing but Death and Taxes. CHRISTOPHER BULLOCK, The Cobbler of Preston (1716)
    -Life is short. Death* is sure. Sin the cause. Christ the cure. UNK (*or the Rapture!)

James 4:14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Trying to reach a loved one for Christ? Perhaps some of the below will help

Roman Road to Salvation

The Bad News
    Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one:
    Rom 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
    Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—
    Rom 6:23a For the wages of sin is death . . .

The Good News
    Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Rom 10:9-10 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
    Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    Rom 5:15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!
    Rom 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Rom 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

[Note: For further info, see, "What is the Romans Road to salvation?" http://www.gotquestions.org/Romans-road-salvation.html ]

Related posts:
    21. [The saddest of all failures: not choosing the blessed life everlasting]
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...20#post2305720
    127. [Eternity -- a long time to be wrong]
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...07#post2334507
    424. Grabbing the opportunity to plan for eternity
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...87#post2415487
    761. Choose this day
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...90#post2488490
    843. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.....
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...24#post2502624
    991. A little perspective to pass on to fence-sitters you are trying to reach
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...90#post2527890
    1111. Dear Unbelievers - The window of opportunity shrinks daily.....where will you choose to spend eternity?
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...18#post2548218
    1112. The most important choice in one’s life, where you choose to live in eternity:
    __ A. Joy forever with Jesus in heaven…..OR…..
    __ B. Misery forever with Satan in hell

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...19#post2548319
    1252. “Let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for”
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...71#post2570571
    1362. This short window of time
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...05#post2585205
    1698. Now is the chance to accept the Lord’s free gift of eternal life
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...16#post2614916

______

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

-THESE are the times that try men's souls : The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered ; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain, too cheap, we esteem too lightly :--- 'Tis dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to set a proper price upon its goods ; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. THOMAS PAINE

Rom 8:16-18 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
    2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
    Gal 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
    2 Tim 2:3 Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
    James 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.
    1 Pet 5:8-11 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
    2 Cor 4:17-18 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Related posts:
    216. The soft landing
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...26#post2367026
    1013. For those who are suffering
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...01#post2530701
    1078. Spring and glory that much better after winter and afflictions
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...07#post2542707
    1207. An eternal glory that far outweighs it all
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...03#post2563303
    1246. Rethinking a great quote, but now -- in these last days -- in terms of the rapture, not death
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...05#post2569705
    1320. Worth it
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...02#post2581902
    1424. Heaven shall make amends for all
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...19#post2591919
    1846. Thinking of heaven and pressing on
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...74#post2627474

______

Anyone else also having trouble getting things done?

-My get-up-and-go got up and went. Common saying

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
    2 Cor 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
    2 Cor 12:9-10 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
    Ps 18:32 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
    Is 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
    Gal 6:9-10 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
    James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
    James 5:11 As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
    Heb 10:35-36 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
    Prov 24:16 for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity.
    Eph 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
    2 Thes 3:5 May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.
    Rev 3:8-11 “I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. 11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.”
    Ps 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Related posts:
    731. Leaning on God's strength
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...92#post2483492
    1056. Persevering, even if only slowly
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...08#post2538508
    1057. Leaning on the Lord one step at a time
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...01#post2538701
    1065. Difficult tasks
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...33#post2540433
    1385. Like they say, when eating an elephant, take one bite at a time
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...82#post2587782
    1493. When you are facing mountains
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...54#post2598354
    1625. Energy and persistence
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...61#post2606861
    1836. One of Teddy’s tips for success
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...18#post2626618

______

The uncomplicated fidelity of a gentle heart

-A gentle heart is tied with an easy thread. GEORGE HERBERT

Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
    Eph 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
    Phil 4:5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
    Col 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
    James 3:17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

Related posts:
    234. Gentleness
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...11#post2372711
    987. True strength
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...40#post2527040
    1021. When defects are not sinful, the "more perfect" are gentle and quiet
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...30#post2532530

______

No greater inspiration and counsel than the Bible

-To what greater inspiration and counsel can we turn than to the imperishable truth to be found in this Treasure House, the Bible? QUEEN ELIZABETH II

Ps 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
    Ps 119:18 Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.
    Rom 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
    Ps 25:4 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
    2 Tim 3:13-17 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
    Prov 1:1-7 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:2 for gaining wisdom and instruction; for understanding words of insight;3 for receiving instruction in prudent behavior, doing what is right and just and fair;4 for giving prudence to those who are simple, knowledge and discretion to the young—5 let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance—6 for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Prov 8:10-11 “Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold,11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.”
    Eph 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.
    Ps 73:24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.

Related posts:
    161. On The Holy Scriptures
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...64#post2347664
    208. The Bible and questions about life
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...47#post2364147
    579. Finding answers
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...33#post2455233
    1160. Storing up knowledge
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...62#post2556062
    1200. Not that long ago..... [National Year of the Bible]
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...24#post2562624
    1236. God’s chart to steer by
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...86#post2568086
    1276. The best way
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...01#post2575701
    1287. The secret of his success
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...75#post2578075
    1307. Only one such Book in the world
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...34#post2580434
    1620. Three great truths
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...53#post2606453

______