Thread: Strange Doctrine

Default Strange Doctrine

Hi All
    I was talking to a friend today who I haven't seen for a while, he used to go to the church I attend but he left because he didn't agree with what was being taught at the time. I use to have discussions with him before as he believes the rapture to be at the end of the trib and I believe in a pretrib rapture, but today he was saying that no one goes to hell permanently, those who go to hell are there to be corrected and when they finally repent and accept jesus as lord and saviour they are then restored to god, I asked him where he got this doctrine and he said from study and revelation from god, as far as I know he's not attending a church anywhere, has anyone else heard of such a doctrine as this? I'm a little worried about this old friend that he may be going a little loopy.

Quote Originally Posted by malron5 View Post
    Hi All
    I was talking to a friend today who I haven't seen for a while, he used to go to the church I attend but he left because he didn't agree with what was being taught at the time. I use to have discussions with him before as he believes the rapture to be at the end of the trib and I believe in a pretrib rapture, but today he was saying that no one goes to hell permanently, those who go to hell are there to be corrected and when they finally repent and accept jesus as lord and saviour they are then restored to god, I asked him where he got this doctrine and he said from study and revelation from god, as far as I know he's not attending a church anywhere, has anyone else heard of such a doctrine as this? I'm a little worried about this old friend that he may be going a little loopy.
    Sounds like Purgatory to me; that heresy is taught from the Orthodox, Catholics, and even many evangelicals.

Many post-tribbers believe they have to pay for their own salvation since their jesus was not strong enough to do it.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

IMSAVED Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    Sounds like Purgatory to me; that heresy is taught from the Orthodox, Catholics, and even many evangelicals.

Many post-tribbers believe they have to pay for their own salvation since their jesus was not strong enough to do it.
    Yes Buzz that is what it sounds like to me as well.

I heard something about a guy on teaching the same thing, someone had put up a link for me to read on FB but I refused and refuted it with scripture. The teacher seemed to believe that hell really meant death, which is what the Jehovah's Witnesses say as well.

My husband stated it well, when I told him about this, he said "Well, who would get saved, then? I could have all kinds of fun sinning until I died, get saved the minute I got to hell, get out, and go to heaven."

Not Biblical.

I would challenge him to actually read a chapter of the New Testament every day, and call you to talk about it.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here