Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Board Spiders *merged*

Default Spiders

What are the spiders in the area where it says who is on line for members, number of guests and spiders???

Software robots that index web pages for search engines.
    And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
    Romans 11:6

Default What is a Spider?

I'm a member but haven't been on here for several years except to read occasionally. What is this spider designation?

" I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"
    Job 19:25

Do you want to reach people for Christ with the Gospel message of salvation?

Hey MsSophie! It's great to see you again.

Here's a thread explaining those "spiders". http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1809...iders-*merged*

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

little black things with eight legs that can crawl from computer to computer through the wires and if need be transported through the air for phones. Evil little buggers as they hide just out of sight in the corners your screen waiting and watching, watching and waiting until that special day you let down your guard and "BAM".

With all joking aside they have a spider fact sheet in the tec zone. Now that was a joke, really they are "O" little army waiting to take over East Philli.

Default Spiders

What are spiders? when I look at who is online is see a category for spiders.

I call them bots or robots. They're software code that runs around the internet gathering data. All the search sites have them, that's how info for their search results are gathered on a constant basis.

If I don't want a site indexed by search sites, I include the following line in the header:

<META name="ROBOTS" content="noindex,nofollow">

I don't know if that line is respected by the bots or not.
    Tall Timbers

Here is a good visual diagram of what a "spider" does.....

http://www.htmlbasictutor.ca/images/web-crawler.gif

Default Spiders

This is a question about the current users on line info on the bottom of the board.

I just copied and pasted this line, "There are currently 327 users online. 23 members and 162 guests, with 142 spiders"

What are spiders? Thanks for any answers.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

they posted the spider which wiggled and giggled and tickled in side them...

they posted the spider to catch the fly

but I don't know why they posted the fly...

I guess...... its a D o/S. [Denial of Service]
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    WOW, yes there is....I never think to do a search for previous threads....Thank you!!!

Default What are these spiders/bots all about?

You know, the ones listed at the bottom of the page as "online". What is their purpose?
    http://i60.tinypic.com/2u8wea1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by stauros View Post
    You know, the ones listed at the bottom of the page as "online". What is their purpose?
    Search engines have bots contstantly scouring the web and cataloging stuff so it'll show up in a relevant search. An accurate search database that provides the best results can mean more advertising dollars for the search company if more people use that search engine on account of the good results.

There are lot's of other bots... generally they mine for information. Some for example will collect anything that looks like an e-mail address and add it to a list that can then be sold.
    Tall Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Search engines have bots contstantly scouring the web and cataloging stuff so it'll show up in a relevant search. An accurate search database that provides the best results can mean more advertising dollars for the search company if more people use that search engine on account of the good results.

There are lot's of other bots... generally they mine for information. Some for example will collect anything that looks like an e-mail address and add it to a list that can then be sold.
    Oh I see - thank you!
    http://i60.tinypic.com/2u8wea1.gif