Thread: Jewish groups pull out of meeting with Protestants

Israel Jewish groups pull out of meeting with Protestants

10/18/2012

WASHINGTON –
    Jewish groups pulled out of an upcoming meeting with Protestant colleagues over a letter from Christian leaders to congressmen calling for a possible suspension of US aid to Israel.

“While we remain committed to continuing our dialogue and our collaboration on the many issues of common concern, the letter represents an escalation in activity that the Jewish participants feel precludes a business-as-usual approach,” stated a letter sent by seven Jewish groups to their Christian counterparts in canceling their participation in the Oct. 22 -23 meeting in New York.
    The letter by the Jewish representatives was signed by the American Jewish Committee, B’nai B’rith International, the Central Conference of American Rabbis, the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, the Rabbinical Assembly, the Union for Reform Judaism and the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism. The Anti-Defamation League had announced earlier this week that it would not attend the meeting.
    Signers of the Protestants’ letter to Congress included the heads of the Presbyterian Church (USA), the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the United Methodist Church, the National Council of Churches USA and the United Church of Christ.
    http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=288309

NEW YORK (AP) —
    Major American Jewish organizations said Wednesday they have cancelled talks with liberal Protestant leaders after the churches sought an investigation of U.S. military aid to Israel.
    The Jewish groups announced their decision in response to a request by several mainline Protestant leaders for Congress to re-evaluate U.S. military aid to the Jewish state. The church leaders said in an Oct. 5 letter to Congress that Israel was guilty of widespread human rights violations against Palestinians that violated U.S. legal standards for recipients of military aid.
    In the letter to Congress, the Christian leaders said both Israelis and Palestinians share responsibility for the conflict in the region, and church leaders acknowledged the suffering of both groups. But the leaders said, "we have also witnessed widespread Israeli human rights violations committed against Palestinians."
    Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/world/art...#ixzz29fJDeqp2

"I am the Lord,
    your Holy One,
    the creator of Israel,
    your King."

Isaiah 43:15

Wow. Good call by the Jews. Standing firm.

Quote Originally Posted by katiesmom07 View Post
    No kidding.

Its easier to stab someone in the back if your arm is already around their shoulders.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Quote Originally Posted by katiesmom07 View Post
    No kidding.
    I stand with Israel, now and forever.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

It sounds like this is a good time to write our congressmen and women and reaffirm our support for Israel, politically and in dollars.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

this just further shows the apostasy and cluelessness of the modern day church, it's so rare to find a great Bible believing and following church these days.

Yah, no wonder it is difficult at times to witness of Jesus Christ to the Jewish people! It's foolish people like this who sour the name "Christian" in the eyes of God's Chosen people.

Apostasy

You will know them by their fruit. These folks are rotten. Disgusting and infectious in some circles apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by mary rae View Post
    Yah, no wonder it is difficult at times to witness of Jesus Christ to the Jewish people! It's foolish people like this who sour the name "Christian" in the eyes of God's Chosen people.

Shame on any of us who don't vote next month.

The Methodist Church and WOCC are enemies of Israel. They are the ones calling for divestment in Israel and blame, literally, Israel for all the fighting in the mideast. If Israel would just give up all land and die, then these 2 groups would be happy. And those left could go to Poland or something like that............

Both groups are Judas'
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!