Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing election night?

Default What are you doing election night?

Tomorrow morning I'm going out of town to watch the returns with family ..... we're having a festive BBQ and assorted good treats as we {hopefully} celebrate the demise of our nation's first Marxist regime.

Wondering how many of my fellow Rapture Ready patriots will be hanging out here or someplace else to mark the occasion. One thing I do know is that we'll all be together in spirit as we prayerfully watch the most important election of our lives.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

I'm gonna' be right here on RR, Barb, watching, posting -- and waiting for my brownies.
    Carla

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me.

One of my high school kids needs to go the the University that afternoon for some kind of assignment. I'll be perusing the internet in the early evening for news on the election before I go to bed. Praying for a Romney victory.
    Tall Timbers

Either checking my phone every 30 sec. or checking on here.
    “My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

BTW, my son is now in the 8th grade!

Well I was suppose to be at my son't soccer game, but he sprained his ankle over the weekend and is in a boot and crutches, so I will be glued to the T.V. With the leftover halloween candy bowl in hand.

Carla, odd you should mention brownies as I was just getting ready to make some.

Since technology hasn't been able to figure out a way to transport people into the presence of friends you'll have to wait for Barb's Heavenly Brownies when we reach Glory. You'll love that thick and fudgey batter! I'll even put you in charge of scraping the bowls clean with a rather large spoon.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    Carla, odd you should mention brownies as I was just getting ready to make some.

Since technology hasn't been able to figure out a way to transport people into the presence of friends you'll have to wait for Barb's Heavenly Brownies when we reach Glory. You'll love that thick and fudgey batter! I'll even put you in charge of scraping the bowls clean with a rather large spoon.
    OHHHH toss the halloween bowl of candy! Pass the Brownies!!!!!!

My parents usually take the kids for the evening on Tuesdays. Not sure if they will this week, but i think they will anyway. I plan on having the news on to watch all day and into the Returns. Not sure if i'll cook anything special but my 13 yo daughter is very interested in the process so when she gets back from my parents' i'm sure she will be watching with us while she finishes her homework.

Whatever we do, we plan to watch until it is called or it gets too late at night. If it goes too late i'll probably keep my smartphone with me in bed and check updates occasionally. While this is all going on, i'll also be here reading and maybe posting if i see anything interesting.

Pray

Praying

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaL48 View Post
    I'm gonna' be right here on RR, Barb, watching, posting -- and waiting for my brownies.
    Ditto... well, except for the brownies!! Strong coffee might help though!! I can't bare to watch... but I may be tempted to get up in the middle of the night and turn on the TV!
    Thank you, God, for my salvation!

Quote Originally Posted by rks7777 View Post
    Praying
    Ditto!!! Lots of that!
    Oh and eating quiche and probably drinking lots of coffee into the night.
    Also a bit of Blue Bell dutch choc ice cream with the coffee....

praying

I voted early, and so will plan to have a cozy evening at home watching the election coverage (probably with a good book in hand to fill in the gaps). My husband has to be out of town, so we figure we'll be on our (family plan) cell phones together for much of it, but I may have a college student or two for company. If so, all that leftover 'Beggar's Night' candy will be on display! I also confess that this election feels like some kind of test for the heart of the country, and I am a bit on edge over it all. More than anything, I keep looking up.

Voting, going out to dinner, praying
    PLEASE PRAY FOR LINDSEY'S SALVATION

For 4 long years I've waited for tomorrow to come. I voted absentee a couple of weeks ago. I'll be with all of you in spirit as I watch the returns online and pray for an end to the brazen evil in the White House. I'm praying for Romney to win in a decisive landslide that will make all recounts and other shenanigans useless.

"...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post

Now I'm going to be salivating till then, BT, and it sounds like Adam will, too. Cake thinks she's gonna' get by with just coffee and Savedatcamp has the Blue Bell ice cream so will probably crave brownies to go with. Aw, heck, Barb, better plan on a huge batch in the clouds -- all of us at RR will be stopping by for a few.

(And who knows -- the King may like chocolate, too.)
    Carla

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me.

I'll be voting late tomorrow evening--like 5ish....Seems like most people in my county did the early voting gig. Like all of you--I'm praying for a Romney victory and I'll be watching the returns all night (hopefully by 10pm it's gonna be over). I don't want to wake up early Wednesday and find out that every swing state has 500 Democratic lawyers knocking down the door to the Secretary of State alledging "fraud"....

I also don't want to hear about a "trunk full of votes" that didn't get counted in some abandoned car (Al Franken)....
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

What a great group of people we have here. BLESSED is the only word I can use to be in your company.

Think about how fortunate we are to be living with an eternal perspective! While this election is mega-important as far as our earthly lives go, as soon as that Trumpet blows we will gratefully and happily lay it all down to follow our King into His Kingdom.

Some Christians have scolded other Christians for getting involved in the political process because it smacks of "being in the world". What they don't understand is that raising our voices against evil -- being lights in this world -- is part of our job while occupying this flesh.

Press on 'till the Rapture!

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Quote Originally Posted by rks7777 View Post
    Praying
    Me, too!

I will be watching the news and on RR tomorrow night. Praying for a Romney win too!
    Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6

Please pray for the salvation of my son Shawn, my daughter Kari, my brother Macon, my Step-mother Marguerite, and my dad Max.