Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Returns

Mitt will be giving his concession speech in a few minutes.

He didn't write one ahead of time. He'd only written an acceptance speech.

Meantime he will call Obama to concede.
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by tardisdoctor View Post

By God's grace, and it is ONLY by His grace, that I will continue to stand. Who's with me?
    I am with you, too

How sad... Gov. Romney is giving his concession speech. Its so not right.

What has happened had to happen.

God is on His throne. We must trust Him, not forces or princes or governments.

Preach

Fellow believers, we are NOT defeated! Jesus is King. Alpha and Omega. Before the word "Christian" was coined in Antioch, believers were called "disciples of Christ". That is what we are, and now is the time to stand up! Put on the full armor of God, and lets be about His business.
    I too am tired and ready to go home, but I feel a heaviness in my heart for the lost. We don't want anyone left behind. Jesus doesn't want anyone left behind. Lets get busy!
    www.livingwaters.com has great tracts.
    I love you all!!
    Lets keep each other in prayer and keep lifting each other up!

Amy

Feeling ill. And angry. People are celebrating and they don't know what they're in for. Already, stock prices in other markets around the world are going down. Small businesses that have been barely hanging on are going to go out of business. Energy costs will skyrocket as O enacts more of his anti-coal agenda. Israel is in greater danger. And on and on.

I wish that only the people who voted for this arrogant, American-hating man would suffer, but unfortunately we will all suffer (except for the solar energy execs who get money from the govt, etc.).

Most angry at the lying media.

People keep saying "God is in control" as if that makes everything okay. God was in control when Israel went into Babylonian captivity. God was in control when Stalin killed upwards of 60 million people.

I believe those who voted for this abomination and all those who didn't vote, but could have, deserve what they get. The rest of us are collateral damage. May God have mercy on this fading country. Good night, dear hearts.
    Carla

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me.

America is dead

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Theophorus View Post

Always!

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxMan View Post
    America is dead
    There is a reason that America cannot be found in Revelation. Now that the moochers, looters and inner city tribal parasites outnumber the producers, economic collapse and the resulting chaos and violent civil unrest is assured. The Rapture is close, very close. Maranatha.

Default agreed

I agree totally w/you! most of the people i know that voted for him were swayed by the abortion thing. it's ironic we support someone that kills babies (or supports it) and then on the california ballot there was a measure to get rid of the death sentence for murderers.

like greg laurie's recent radio program surmised, we support (as a culture) keeping the murderers alive and killing babies. makes alot of sense doesn't it?!?!

So sad.... i'm very depressed but it wasn't won by a landslide. many people obviously didn't want him back in office. it's too bad the urban areas carry more electoral votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstarlet View Post
    I believe sometimes God gives us what we deserve. One of the most disturbing commercials to me was an abortion commercial with a woman whining that "Romney is going to take away our Constitutional Rights ... including a woman's right to choose". Since when has abortion become a constitutional right? I somehow doubt that the Founding Fathers would approve. How sad is it when the "right" to kill a baby in the womb is a huge dividing line in an election. We have moved far away from God as a Nation, and with it goes His blessings. Sometimes God give us what we deserve.

Originally Posted by Theophorus

Maybe I'm still speaking out of raw emotion, but I DID trust God. I DID trust Him to turn the hearts of the people. I DID trust God to listen to the millions of Christians praying for this nation, repenting, seeking Him . . . and this was the result: 4 years of punishment with an evil man in charge of the country.

Can't find the words.

So sorry folks. I know I'm from the UK but even I feel I've been kicked in the stomach.

They really should make the most of it in this very short time they've got left. We're the real winners.

I tried so hard to prepare for this, knowing God is God and that will NEVER change, but I'm so very disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_7j32zgNw

That's My King! - SM Lockridge

This is bringing me a lot of comfort tonight, and I thought I would share with everyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by Reason&Hope View Post
    Maybe I'm still speaking out of raw emotion, but I DID trust God. I DID trust Him to turn the hearts of the people. I DID trust God to listen to the millions of Christians praying for this nation, repenting, seeking Him . . . and this was the result: 4 years of punishment with an evil man in charge of the country.
    ^ this. Where was God in this?

Feeling ill. And angry. People are celebrating and they don't know what they're in for. Already, stock prices in other markets around the world are going down. Small businesses that have been barely hanging on are going to go out of business. Energy costs will skyrocket as O enacts more of his anti-coal agenda. Israel is in greater danger. And on and on.

I wish that only the people who voted for this arrogant, American-hating man would suffer, but unfortunately we will all suffer (except for the solar energy execs who get money from the govt, etc.).

Most angry at the lying media.

People keep saying "God is in control" as if that makes everything okay. God was in control when Israel went into Babylonian captivity. God was in control when Stalin killed upwards of 60 million people.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaL48 View Post
    I believe those who voted for this abomination and all those who didn't vote, but could have, deserve what they get. The rest of us are collateral damage. May God have mercy on this fading country. Good night, dear hearts.

I understand both of you dears. I have been thinking that they (those who are so blind to these progressives) know not what they do or have done! I don't know whether I will get much sleep tonight...still hurting here. I haven't gotten all of the results, but it looks like MN voters said it is okay for same sex marriage AND also that we won't need any form of voter I.D. This world is sooo upside down! BUT, I really love what WVBORN said on his post above.... Not to despair -- that this is a perfect fit in the tribulation timetable (my words--I can't remember WV's exact words). We need to continue to pray, watch, and look up! As I began to come out of my state of shock, I realized that as hard as all of this is, it WILL be okay. God knows the beginning and the end. He is the Alpha and Omega. It won't be much longer until we will all be gathered in His arms! And yes, Carla, may God have mercy on this fading country!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Time4me2fly View Post
    Unfortunately my prediction is looking correct, and in this case , I hate to be right.I don't think you will ever see another republican president again. African American , Latinos, and immigrants all overwhelmingly vote democrat, and it is their numbers that are growing the fastest. Add in the ever increasing number of white americans that are on food stamps and government assistance, and you can see, it is just simple math. It is a country that now asks, not what they can do for their country, but what their country can do for them.
    There are plenty of legal, God fearing Latinos out there. And plenty of God fearing African Americans, and lower income whites. As of now, they've all voted Democrat.

Republicans need to ask hard questions, as to why these groups haven't trusted and voted for Republicans. And resist the temptation to fire off talking point responses to those questions.

For the Republican party, it can't any longer be just about social values, or just about economics. It's got to be about how you bring them on board.

Jesus Christ's advice to His Apostles, "be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." comes to mind.

Would you mind seeing a Latino Republican candidate for POTUS, four years from now? Someone who worked his way up in life, instead of being born into wealth and privilege? Like it or not, perception matters.

I can't help but think someone like Huckabee or Pawlenty would have swept Obama out of office.

with obama in office, I cannot see us here another four years. We will be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC03Cobra View Post
    There is a reason that America cannot be found in Revelation. Now that the moochers, looters and inner city tribal parasites outnumber the producers, economic collapse and the resulting chaos and violent civil unrest is assured. The Rapture is close, very close. Maranatha.
    Amen! The Rapture is close! MARANATHA!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy