Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 522

Thread: Election Returns

  1. #381
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OKC03Cobra View Post
    There is a reason that America cannot be found in Revelation. Now that the moochers, looters and inner city tribal parasites outnumber the producers, economic collapse and the resulting chaos and violent civil unrest is assured. The Rapture is close, very close. Maranatha.
    When we call a little over half the country moochers, looters, "inner city parasites", it doesn't help. So what is the plan and the message to reach out to them, to show them a better way? When in the past few months did we ever see Romney go into the inner cities and at least make an attempt to explain how things could be better?

    Republicans are losing a demographic battle for minds and hearts, much before they lost the election.

  2. #382
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lakeville,Minnesota
    Posts
    212

    Default

    I feel the pain. But I also feel joy. That just maybe we won't have to wait much longer. I live in Minnesota. It has always been a liberal state. We did all we could to vote and try to protect marriage. The people who put this evil back into office and those who voted against marriage will unless they become saved are looking into the mouth of hell. I can take 4 more years of this evil man, cuz I will be spending eternity with our Lord and Savior.
    Ready for the Rapture

  3. #383
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Beloit, WI
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Through this election I am definitely finding out what putting total trust in the Lord is all about. I am disappointed and numb at the results of this presidential race, but know without a doubt our time in the "age of grace" could very well be coming to an end. We are witnessing our nations descent into oblivion on the world stage and the rise of those nations which will be the main players in the tribulation.

    God have mercy on the United States of America for her many trangressions and defiant attitude towards His blessings!

  4. #384
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reason&Hope View Post
    People keep saying "God is in control" as if that makes everything okay. God was in control when Israel went into Babylonian captivity. God was in control when Stalin killed upwards of 60 million people.
    God is sovereign. God already knew what we would decide, but a choice in this we had. The people have decided who they want to lead them. They will have him.

    As for us, we voted against this. If this is the beginning of the end for America, we are on record for standing with freedom and voting for the love of our country as we knew it.

    But we have always belonged to God, those of us who are born again in Jesus Christ. We are sojourners in a strange land, and our compatriots and associates have decided on a course far different from our own. They will have it. So be it.

    We don't belong to this world and come what will of this, we remain children of the Most High God, and our home is where He is. I can accept whatever will come because Christ my King, my Lord, and my God is my keeper and my rock.

    I will not be moved. I will subsist in some way or else I am soon to be home. Both bring God glory and the later is far better for me!

    I will abound regardless either in blessing should this beloved nation of ours come back again, or begin a final descent into nihility, Christ is my Lord and my God.

    I will abound and give thanks in times of luxury and plenty, I will abound and find joy in Christ through the lonesome valley and the ends of ruin and death because He is with me and I belong to Him. Suffering or graves or powers cannot keep me from Him.

    Whether I live or die, whether I suffer for sin or abound in comfort, all these things are common to this world.

    Comfort and blessing and luxury and rest come from the great kindness of God, and sin and ruin come for reason of men and devils and we can blame no one but they who are responsible.

    In this instance, I can rest easy knowing it's not me this time in this particular instance!

    I and so many of us were patriots, but so many more were fools and eager for slavery and ruin. Rest easy brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, especially our fellowship here, so many of you are not counted among these.

    Take heart for our King's Kingdom, it is soon, He loves you dearly, and you have an honored place at His table as one of His dear children. Remember, God was exceedingly faithful and kind to those who loved Him even when Israel was taken into captivity.

  5. #385
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    As north as possible
    Posts
    1,169

    Default Preliminary to the son of perdition

    Our hope is not in this world or in man but in Christ Jesus. The liberals in this country choose a sinful man to save them. I mourn for them. Meanwhile, I'm keeping my eyes on the prize. Romans 8:38,39.

  6. #386
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Adrift in the swamp of deception
    Posts
    4,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SumSam View Post
    When we call a little over half the country moochers, looters, "inner city parasites", it doesn't help. So what is the plan and the message to reach out to them, to show them a better way? When in the past few months did we ever see Romney go into the inner cities and at least make an attempt to explain how things could be better?

    Republicans are losing a demographic battle for minds and hearts, much before they lost the election.
    A lot of these people seem to be powerfully deceived. No amount of reasoning with them (they refuse to use it) could make them understand that it's better to be free and self-sufficient than a slave and reliant on government. "What? Work for a living? Why would I do that when I can just get stuff for free?" That mindset is dangerous and antithetical to conservative values. It's like trying to convince a child that they need a booster shot. Of course the child's going to refuse the shot! It hurts and doesn't seem to do anything, even though it's a good thing. The moochers and looters are children and they need a large, intramuscular dose of freedom. We tried to give them one tonight but they threw a fit and rejected it. It's a catch-22: you need votes from people on welfare but how do you get it by stating that you're going to reduce welfare? It can't be done.

  7. #387
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackieJ2 View Post
    I feel the pain. But I also feel joy. That just maybe we won't have to wait much longer. I live in Minnesota. It has always been a liberal state. We did all we could to vote and try to protect marriage. The people who put this evil back into office and those who voted against marriage will unless they become saved are looking into the mouth of hell. I can take 4 more years of this evil man, cuz I will be spending eternity with our Lord and Savior.
    Hi, Jackie! I live in Minnesota, too! Can I cry on your shoulder??!! I KNEW the voters wouldn't protect marriage!! And so true! We know where we will be forever and ever!! I can't wait to be in HIS ARMS!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28




    Cindy


  8. #388

    Default i don't get....

    i don't get that christian friends of mine that have voted for obama. it's like you're "christian" yet you vote for a man that supports abortion and all kinds of wrong-doing.... i really don't get it and yes i believe they are real christians but somehow are blinded by the enemy. i have a great gift of discernment which i'm so thankful for but i see so many believers that don't have that gift at all! i just can't believe they support that!

  9. #389
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    A lot of these people seem to be powerfully deceived. No amount of reasoning with them (they refuse to use it) could make them understand that it's better to be free and self-sufficient than a slave and reliant on government. "What? Work for a living? Why would I do that when I can just get stuff for free?" That mindset is dangerous and antithetical to conservative values. It's like trying to convince a child that they need a booster shot. Of course the child's going to refuse the shot! It hurts and doesn't seem to do anything, even though it's a good thing. The moochers and looters are children and they need a large, intramuscular dose of freedom. We tried to give them one tonight but they threw a fit and rejected it. It's a catch-22: you need votes from people on welfare but how do you get it by stating that you're going to reduce welfare? It can't be done.
    Hi, Penguin!! So right! This is pretty much what Bill O'Reilly said earlier. Sorry to say he was so right. He basically called the election at 7 pm our (yours and mine) time. You're is WI, right?
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28




    Cindy


  10. #390
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    21

    Default

    All,

    I just posted maybe a little angry note, sure all are feeling this tonight. I have been a member for years (before 2007) and posted very little, read more than post. I have not lost what is our glorious future with Christ and this that happened today is all planned, still I will keep up the good fight as Ephesians states and if that is through the word and physical means, I will do it. I can not sit by and do nothing and just pray (I am massively). I have said before that God does not move a parked vehicle. I just can not sit back and do nothing for other Christians, Israel, and what is right. I need to do something to help stop this wrong that took place today.

  11. #391
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    So. CA
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reason&Hope View Post
    Maybe I'm still speaking out of raw emotion, but I DID trust God. I DID trust Him to turn the hearts of the people. I DID trust God to listen to the millions of Christians praying for this nation, repenting, seeking Him . . . and this was the result: 4 years of punishment with an evil man in charge of the country.
    It is easy to look at the natural realm and be discouraged; I too, am dissappointed (though not surprised) by the outcome. My husband and I had been praying over this election, like many others we knew. But I don't see this as God's punishment of us, His children. Just as God gave Israel, in Saul, a king the people themselves wanted (but one who was not God's choice, nor a good leader, as it turned out), I think God gave this nation the kind of leader it wanted: one who would let them pursue their sin unrestrained. People seem so calloused to the things of God right now.

    Also, in a way, even though it seems so bleak, this election may have turned out for the ultimate good for many: if Romney had won, people, including many Christians, would continue to look toward the political process or government leaders as our hope. And our hope should be in Jesus Christ alone. If having Obama another four years -- with all the bad policies he will create and enforce -- wakes the nominal Christians (and those who are Christians-in-Name-Only) out of their slumber and causes them to walk more tightly with Jesus, or if it causes those who put their trust in this world to come to Christ and trust in Him for salvation FROM this world and their own sin, then I suppose that this "defeat" is actually a victory.

    Like it or not, the true church has always thrived in the face of persecution and difficult times. I am praying that before things get that difficult that Jesus returns (and I, too, believe that Obama is the man who must be in place to move the US in the direction for fulfillment of Bible prophecy).

    Praying for all of us for the Lord's strength to endure to the end, that we may stand before Him, and for boldness and opportunities to share the gospel with others.

    Blessings,

  12. #392
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyK View Post
    God is sovereign. God already knew what we would decide, but a choice in this we had. The people have decided who they want to lead them. They will have him.

    As for us, we voted against this. If this is the beginning of the end for America, we are on record for standing with freedom and voting for the love of our country as we knew it.

    But we have always belonged to God, those of us who are born again in Jesus Christ. We are sojourners in a strange land, and our compatriots and associates have decided on a course far different from our own. They will have it. So be it.

    We don't belong to this world and come what will of this, we remain children of the Most High God, and our home is where He is. I can accept whatever will come because Christ my King, my Lord, and my God is my keeper and my rock.

    I will not be moved. I will subsist in some way or else I am soon to be home. Both bring God glory and the later is far better for me!

    I will abound regardless either in blessing should this beloved nation of ours come back again, or begin a final descent into nihility, Christ is my Lord and my God.

    I will abound and give thanks in times of luxury and plenty, I will abound and find joy in Christ through the lonesome valley and the ends of ruin and death because He is with me and I belong to Him. Suffering or graves or powers cannot keep me from Him.

    Whether I live or die, whether I suffer for sin or abound in comfort, all these things are common to this world.

    Comfort and blessing and luxury and rest come from the great kindness of God, and sin and ruin come for reason of men and devils and we can blame no one but they who are responsible.

    In this instance, I can rest easy knowing it's not me this time in this particular instance!

    I and so many of us were patriots, but so many more were fools and eager for slavery and ruin. Rest easy brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, especially our fellowship here, so many of you are not counted among these.

    Take heart for our King's Kingdom, it is soon, He loves you dearly, and you have an honored place at His table as one of His dear children. Remember, God was exceedingly faithful and kind to those who loved Him even when Israel was taken into captivity.
    God bless you, Tim! BEAUTIFULLY SAID! Now I'm wiping the tears.. AMEN!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28




    Cindy


  13. #393
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Of course this is terrible news for our nation, but we know we worked hard and we voted. We didn't sit idly by and allow this to happen. We tried. I know a conservative libertarian man from NJ that I spoke with before Sandy, who said he was 47 and had never voted in his life but was registering to vote for Romney. Of course now he and his family are without electricity (they have housing but life is tuff and supplies have been hard to come by). He told me today that he went out and voted in that disaster zone, knowing Romney didn't have a chance to win NJ anyhow, to vote for the first time in his life just because it was the right thing to do. People like this across the nation got up, went out and voted, including me. Not so in 08.

    Sometimes the things we hope and plan for just do not fit God's plans, but we never lose hope when our hope is in Jesus. I hoped and prayed that Romney would win this election and return our nation to some semblance of sanity, but I also prayed God's will be done. So, I'm disappointed and I don't completely understand (I never do) but I know that we can trust God no matter the situation.

    I think this election confirms what we see in prophecy and feel in our bones to be soon, but say the Lord tarries and we survive the next 4 years to find ourselves here again on election night. It will look very different. I'm not sure I can call it a bright side because I know it will be anything but bright, but 4 years from now Obama will have no choice but own his actions, policies and the consequences thereof. There will be no more benefit of the doubt and blaming Bush. He may not be able to run again, but don't doubt for a second that the Democratic party will suffer for this for a long time to come. If we don't survive it to see this or if the Lord doesn't tarry, then we are home with the Lord anyhow and these worries will be far from us. I'm praying for the latter, as always.

    Thanks for all the comforting posts throughout this long day. Can't wait to meet you all!
    Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ~ Matthew 6:19-21 ~

  14. #394
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Here. Sometimes there.
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Bug View Post
    I understand both of you dears. I have been thinking that they (those who are so blind to these progressives) know not what they do or have done! I don't know whether I will get much sleep tonight...still hurting here. I haven't gotten all of the results, but it looks like MN voters said it is okay for same sex marriage AND also that we won't need any form of voter I.D. This world is sooo upside down! BUT, I really love what WVBORN said on his post above.... Not to despair -- that this is a perfect fit in the tribulation timetable (my words--I can't remember WV's exact words). We need to continue to pray, watch, and look up! As I began to come out of my state of shock, I realized that as hard as all of this is, it WILL be okay. God knows the beginning and the end. He is the Alpha and Omega. It won't be much longer until we will all be gathered in His arms! And yes, Carla, may God have mercy on this fading country!
    I feel numb right now. I was still processing this horrific national result, when I read the results of our amendments. Minnesota, what have you done?

    Please, Lord, have mercy on us!

  15. #395
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reason&Hope View Post
    Maybe I'm still speaking out of raw emotion, but I DID trust God. I DID trust Him to turn the hearts of the people. I DID trust God to listen to the millions of Christians praying for this nation, repenting, seeking Him . . . and this was the result: 4 years of punishment with an evil man in charge of the country.
    Ah, but 2 Chronicles 7:14 was not written as a promise for worldwide Christians to *claim*. It was for the only covenant nation under God - Israel. We have a sticky on this subject and several threads and many, many posts here in an effort to correct the false teaching of this verse and avoid hurt of our brethren.

    I'm sorry your heart is a casualty of bad theology here but God is not beholden to us to force righteousness and blessing and exaltation upon every nation that has believers praying and humbling themselves in it. Things don't work like that. We are late in the day now. Let's learn to find our security and comfort and righteousness in the shelter of His wings and not in our government. Most Christians in history have not had the blessings we Americans have had, however long it lasted.

    The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the Name of the Lord.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  16. #396
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abba'sChild View Post
    It is easy to look at the natural realm and be discouraged; I too, am dissappointed (though not surprised) by the outcome. My husband and I had been praying over this election, like many others we knew. But I don't see this as God's punishment of us, His children. Just as God gave Israel, in Saul, a king the people themselves wanted (but one who was not God's choice, nor a good leader, as it turned out), I think God gave this nation the kind of leader it wanted: one who would let them pursue their sin unrestrained. People seem so calloused to the things of God right now.

    Also, in a way, even though it seems so bleak, this election may have turned out for the ultimate good for many: if Romney had won, people, including many Christians, would continue to look toward the political process or government leaders as our hope. And our hope should be in Jesus Christ alone. If having Obama another four years -- with all the bad policies he will create and enforce -- wakes the nominal Christians (and those who are Christians-in-Name-Only) out of their slumber and causes them to walk more tightly with Jesus, or if it causes those who put their trust in this world to come to Christ and trust in Him for salvation FROM this world and their own sin, then I suppose that this "defeat" is actually a victory.

    Like it or not, the true church has always thrived in the face of persecution and difficult times. I am praying that before things get that difficult that Jesus returns (and I, too, believe that Obama is the man who must be in place to move the US in the direction for fulfillment of Bible prophecy).

    Praying for all of us for the Lord's strength to endure to the end, that we may stand before Him, and for boldness and opportunities to share the gospel with others.

    Blessings,
    These have been my thoughts (after the aftershock or fog had been removed from me.). You put it into words for me, Abba'sChild. It may very well turn out as ultimate good for many. Thank you!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28




    Cindy


  17. #397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Grace View Post
    I feel numb right now. I was still processing this horrific national result, when I read the results of our amendments. Minnesota, what have you done?

    Please, Lord, have mercy on us!

    so sad for your state's results~ :**( these days RIGHT is WRONG and wrong is RIGHT. it's just unbelievable sometimes.... most of my anger these days is righteous anger.

    anger because people jaywalk in the middle of the road and don't look up with their i-phone
    anger because people sue others to take advantage
    anger because illegals walk over the border and demand rights that our ancestors worked hard for
    anger because the entire country wants to approve marriage b/w a man and man and woman and woman
    anger because people in general do the wrong and are praised and US that wants the right upheld are laughed at and rebuked.

    i'm really tired of living in this world and i'm in one of the worst places (los angeles, CA). but i still can't BELIEVE actually (in a good way) that we haven't voted in gay marriage yet even though the liberal judges want to overturn that prop we passed. so discouraging at times! and it's so hard to curb that anger....

  18. #398
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    A lot of these people seem to be powerfully deceived. No amount of reasoning with them (they refuse to use it) could make them understand that it's better to be free and self-sufficient than a slave and reliant on government. "What? Work for a living? Why would I do that when I can just get stuff for free?" That mindset is dangerous and antithetical to conservative values. It's like trying to convince a child that they need a booster shot. Of course the child's going to refuse the shot! It hurts and doesn't seem to do anything, even though it's a good thing. The moochers and looters are children and they need a large, intramuscular dose of freedom. We tried to give them one tonight but they threw a fit and rejected it. It's a catch-22: you need votes from people on welfare but how do you get it by stating that you're going to reduce welfare? It can't be done.
    Well, like it or not, that problem may soon be solved the hard way, when the economic house of cards starts collapsing all around. Even the US of A can only afford to run trillion dollar deficits for so long before things go downhill - think double digit inflation.

    Then maybe, some folks will wonder why their welfare checks don't buy much stuff anymore. And then maybe they will listen, if the party reaches out to them, with the right message.

    Point is, half the country is still just as American as the other half. Often the divide is right between families and generations, not just races and regions. This is a battle for hearts and minds, and you have to study the other side's tactics and weaknesses.

    Some of the comments I'm reading here have not doubt been posted out of frustration and disappointment, but they are starting to sound similar to the way the east and west coast elites casually dismiss the "flyover states" with their "backward rednecks". Let's be better people than them.

  19. #399
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TARDIS Console Room
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Ephesians 6:10-20

    10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

    18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

    Lord forgive me for not praying and believing as I should. May the results of this election help us to see the importance of turning our hearts and minds, our ears and our eyes towards You so that we may feel and know Your presence and hear and see You at work in these last days. And help us to do all that we can to stand for the truth even while darkness covers our planet and gross darkness the people.
    The Gospel of Jesus Christ

    "I am more flawed and sinful than I ever dared believe."

    "I am more loved and accepted than I ever dared hope."

  20. #400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SumSam View Post
    Some of the comments I'm reading here have not doubt been posted out of frustration and disappointment, but they are starting to sound similar to the way the east and west coast elites casually dismiss the "flyover states" with their "backward rednecks". Let's be better people than them.

    i disagree.... none of the comments i've read sound like backward rednecks....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •