Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Please help me witness to Catholics

Quote Originally Posted by dittohead conservative View Post
    The replies I am getting are that they are allegories and im misinterpreting what John really said-lol

Why do Catholics think everything (or most things) in Rev. are allegories?
    Because saying that prevents any argument.

In essence, saying its 'all allegories' renders that Chapter meaningless.

Ask them, 'then why include it in the primary canon if it doesnt mean anything?'.

Compare that to the supposedly 'meaningful' deuterocanon, purgatory and praying to spirits and all that, which by its very name (deuterocanon) means it is of secondary importance.

Challenge them to at least order their 'facts' sensibly. Take it from there...
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    All you have to do is present God's word and the Holy Spirit does the rest, you are just the witness, state the facts and move on.
    Period.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1 Corinthians 2:1-2

1 Corinthians 2:14

Titus 3:9

2 Timothy 2:23

Matthew 7:6

Matthew 10:14
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Default PERSEVERANCE of the Saints? Why do Catholics argue this is about LOSS OF SALVATION?

REFORMED DOCTRINE- CHAPTER XVII-

I. They, whom God has accepted in His Beloved, effectually called, and sanctified by His Spirit, can neither totally nor finally fall away from the state of grace, but shall certainly persevere therein to the end, and be eternally saved.[1]

II. This perseverance of the saints depends not upon their own free will, but upon the immutability of the decree of election, flowing from the free and unchangeable love of God the Father;[2] upon the efficacy of the merit and intercession of Jesus Christ,[3] the abiding of the Spirit, and of the seed of God within them,[4] and the nature of the covenant of grace:[5] from all which arises also the certainty and infallibility thereof.[6]

III. Nevertheless, they may, through the temptations of Satan and of the world, the prevalency of corruption remaining in them, and the neglect of the means of their preservation, fall into grievous sins;[7] and, for a time, continue therein:[8] whereby they incur God's displeasure,[9] and grieve His Holy Spirit,[10] come to be deprived of some measure of their graces and comforts,[11] have their hearts hardened,[12] and their consciences wounded;[13] hurt and scandalize others,[14] and bring temporal judgments upon themselves.[15]

http://www.reformed.org/documents/wc...s/ch_XVII.html

Why do Catholics try to say that this is talking about losing Salvation? I believe in OSAS by the way.

I don't know about man's doctrinal statements or philosophy, but Ephesians 1 and Ephesians 5:30, among others, settles the matter.
    Hebrews 11:3

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

It's not really saying it is a loss of salvation is it? Or are you asking if Catholics interpret this as evidence of loss of salvation? Not sure what you are asking.

There's at least one movement in the catholic church that is teaching that everyone goes to heaven. I once overheard an old priest sharing that... I politely interrupted, and applying his own logic I suggested that if that is the case then satan and all the other fallen angels would be able to stay in heaven too. Because of his logic, he couldn't dispute that idea... That thought did cast a cloud over his sharing

I think that individual catholic's beliefs are all over the place...
    Tall Timbers

Default What verses talk about rewards at the Bema?

and why/how to show they are not speaking of a purgatory?

purgatory is an rcc invention fundraiser. blasphemy

2 Corinthians 5:10 (KJV)
    For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad.

To me, when Paul uses "all" that definitely rules out purgatory, based on RCC beliefs. I don't think they believe everyone has to go to purgatory. Only those who weren't "good enough" in this life.

These are verses for rewards good or bad. I Corinthians 3:12-15. There are only 2 places a person goes heaven or hell there is no in between.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Lets understand purgatory.

http://www.gotquestions.org/purgatory.html

Key Verses on Rewards: Rom. 14:10-11; 1 Cor. 3:11-15; 2 Cor. 5:9-10; 1 John 2:28; Rev. 3:11-12.

Quote Originally Posted by dittohead conservative View Post
    and why/how to show they are not speaking of a purgatory?
    The Bema seat is only for believers, and their rewards are based on good deeds verses bad deeds. They are saved or they would not be at this judgment on deeds. There is another judgment which is for those who rejected Jesus as their Savior. They will be at the Great White Throne Judgment.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

I do not believe in purgatory. Thanks for the verses on the Bema. I have the book called The Bema but the author does not use much scripture- its just a story....

Quote Originally Posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    The Bema seat is only for believers, and their rewards are based on good deeds verses bad deeds. They are saved or they would not be at this judgment on deeds. There is another judgment which is for those who rejected Jesus as their Savior. They will be at the Great White Throne Judgment.
    Yes,we will be in Heaven as believers that will be a Blessing in itself.But we will also be judged on things we did while we are in our Earthly bodies.Some will get rewards and will be richly Blessed while others will not.I don't know what that entails.I believe the Bible describes it as a man who barely escapes a fire with just his shirt.

They might be re-opening Limbo because Purgatorio is getting over crowded with lawyers.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

When and where is the Bema judgement?

I didn't think I was going to find this so fast but here's an awesome sermon/teaching on this by Floyd Jones: http://www.floydnolenjones.com/Floyd...Judgement.html
    Last edited by NoProvision; December 24th, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added sermon link

Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post
    When and where is the Bema judgement?

I didn't think I was going to find this so fast but here's an awesome sermon/teaching on this by Floyd Jones: http://www.floydnolenjones.com/Floyd...Judgement.html

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim