Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: private citizens signing petitions for withdrawal from U.S.

Does anyone remember McCarthyism I live in Texas and would love for this to happen, but with the things I have seen this Government do, I would never be brave enough to put my name on any list.

Be careful what you wish for. This may very well be what Obama desires. Splitting this country up would fit nicely with destroying our superpower status and take us out of the picture of being a force for good and decency in the world and wiping the American fingerprints off the globe. And who was the last president who had to deal with a civil war? No other than the president that Obama enjoys likening himself to. Some may think it would be a great idea to secede, but that very thing may be what Obama and other world leaders are hoping and planning for.

Satan is cunning and deceptive and many times we fall because an idea "appears" to be good...when all along it's what Satan hoped you'd do...and then when we fall for it there may be no turning back. Not saying Obama is Satan or the A/C...but I have no problem saying Obama is a pawn of Satan's.
    "Carry each other's burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ" Galatians 6:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. This may very well be what Obama desires. Splitting this country up would fit nicely with destroying our superpower status and take us out of the picture of being a force for good and decency in the world and wiping the American fingerprints off the globe. And who was the last president who had to deal with a civil war? No other than the president that Obama enjoys likening himself to. Some may think it would be a great idea to secede, but that very thing may be what Obama and other world leaders are hoping and planning for.

Satan is cunning and deceptive and many times we fall because an idea "appears" to be good...when all along it's what Satan hoped you'd do...and then when we fall for it there may be no turning back. Not saying Obama is Satan or the A/C...but I have no problem saying Obama is a pawn of Satan's.
    While I don't doubt what you say is a very real possibility, I feel our nation will be in serious trouble no matter what direction we take. I suspect many people are thinking they don't want to go down without a fight.

Default where do i sign

Live in Texas, Just tell me where to sigh
    William Beason

Where is Iowa in this petition?

Why so many people are so willing to accept government handouts but unwilling to accept the free gift of salvation of Jesus Christ?

Quote Originally Posted by cwp76 View Post
    Rats, I don't see TN listed.
    cwp, your state and mine were added today.

LA TX AL NC FL KY GA MS IN MT ND NJ OR CO NY SC MI TN MO

Quote Originally Posted by BevS View Post
    Where is Iowa in this petition?
    Hopefully we'll see it soon, Bev.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Even though Nebraska is a red state, I'll be shocked if they are added to the list. Sigh.....

Pray

I am from Maine....and most people I know were not for Obama...and I know lots of people.....its the same problem here...the more heavily populated areas of my state voted Obama...the rest of us said NO.....also, I voted "no" on allowing same sex marriage in my state and so did most of the people I know.....there is a map of blue and red in regards to the gay marriage vote and the blue was mostly lower Southern Maine, the red ("no" to gay marriage) took over 3/4 or more of the state....kind of wish the liberal part of my state would just join the other liberal New England states and leave the rest of us alone.....gay marriage was voted in...please pray for us and our Pastors and churches who wish to do Gods will.......

I wish Oklahoma would be added to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Yeah, I'd go shopping for cowgirl boots and hat and head down to Texas myself.
    Even way up here I keep my passport current, and have cowboy boots and my stetson ready to go! back at ya. Besides, the bbq is really good in the Republic of Texas.
    Tall Timbers

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerdesign View Post
    Does anyone remember McCarthyism I live in Texas and would love for this to happen, but with the things I have seen this Government do, I would never be brave enough to put my name on any list.
    I didn't live through it, but it's a topic that I've given more than a casual glance to. McCarthy was on a witch hunt to make a name for himself. The funny thing is...had what he did been done some 20 years later, the investigation would have turned up the actual results he was looking for. In a way, he was a man ahead of his time. Of course this being a free country, unless you're a conservative, a Christian or worst of all, both in which case you're also an intolerant biggot, it doesn't matter whether or not you're a communist. Even they have rights of freedom of speech here.

I'm looking forward from seceding from the union of the states and the wickedness the United States of America stands for today. That day comes when the Savior returns in the sky for us, and we get to experience our true citizenship, our citizenship in heaven. Watching prophetic events assures me that He is not going to be much longer.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

As much as I would like to jump on the idea of the secession movement, I really think in the end its a bad idea.

Suppose this country did break up in to say three separate nations. Whats there to say for example that citizens in the Northeast and the Pacific Coast make develop foreign relations say with Russia or China? Invite foreign troops in because they don't like the other nation that came into being that is strongly influenced by Texas Republic values? Suppose such a nation like this would be strongly still supportive of Israel? What would happen then? What would Iran or other nations that currently are enemies of the United States, what would they do?

Any movement to break up the United States would be costly, produce civil war, and likely be destructive to not people here, but all over the world.

Not that I think these petitions will change anything, but it's fun to participate and watch.

Arkansas was added, and now GA and SC have double petitions. We're up to 20 states:

LA TX AL NC FL KY GA MS IN MT ND NJ OR CO NY SC MI TN MO AR

Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

If anything, this is a slap in the face of "O". I wonder if he would even care.
    Thank you, God, for my salvation!

They're giving it coverage on Fox News now...

Apparently the White House is encouraging people to participate. (Go ahead, identify me. Make my day! )

Texas is getting close to the minimum signatures needed, Fox reports.

Back in 2008 a Russian analyst predicted the imminent financial collapse of the US, with massive civil unrest, resulting in the breakup of the country into 6 regions that would be controlled or absorbed by other countries. It didn't happen when he thought it would, but maybe it really is going to happen?
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jan51 View Post
    Back in 2008 a Russian analyst predicted the imminent financial collapse of the US, with massive civil unrest, resulting in the breakup of the country into 6 regions that would be controlled or absorbed by other countries. It didn't happen when he thought it would, but maybe it really is going to happen?
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
    Hope not. In that scenario, the Ruskie indicated that Russia would get Alaska. Don't think I'd ever be ready for that.
    Tall Timbers

Updating again for OK AZ and PA, for a total of 23 states:

LA TX AL NC FL KY GA MS IN MT ND NJ OR CO NY SC MI TN MO AR OK AZ PA

GA, SC and MO have two petitions going.

TX has reached its 25,000 siggies.

Drudge Report had an article on the fact that Texas reached 25,000 signatures. After reading the article, I moved on down to the comment section. Lots of people saying it was a bad idea, that it would lead to civil wars, etc. Someone even said that these motions to secede were cases of sour grapes gone too far. That we were all sore losers that "our guy" lost. It has nothing to do with sour grapes or any of the reasons people were suggesting. It has everything to do with the fact that by the end of the next four years, America will be completely unrecognizable (if we even exist at all). Texas has the resources to be self sustaining and if other states were to secede, those nations would help sustain one another. Maybe I am living in a dream world, but I think there are enough people in this country fed up with the state of affairs that they would do whatever they had to in order to maintain some sense of normalcy and responsibility. I think the next few months are going to be verrrrrryyyyy interesting...
    "Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

Luke 9:23-24 (NIV)

Where is Idaho on this???? Idaho needs to cowboy up!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.