Thread: Former German Chancellor Claims One Language For Europe

Default Former German Chancellor Claims One Language For Europe

Former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt (93) discuss the European crisis with former head of the European Central Bank Jean-Claude Trichet.

The conversation was moderated by the investor Nicolas Berggruen.

This talk was held at the "Europa nach der Krise" conference organised by the Nicolas Berggruen Institute on Governance in Berlin on 30th October 2012.

Schmidt is the man on the left side. He said: "They have to learn to speak one language."

(In the video from 12.24 - 15.24)

Genesis 11:6
    The LORD said, "Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them.

Thank you so very much! That was a fascinating discussion. It seems like they are crying out for a leader. It won't be long before they get what they want! Can't you just see how a charismatic figure can step up and the world is ready to follow? Amazing times indeed!

The language they pick will point toward their goal.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Israel

One language would help to unify Europe even further. I can't say which one they would pick if they ever do decide to go with one common language, but most people under the age of 40 in Europe speak english. It's known as "the language of business". If I remember correctly, it's also the language all overseas airline pilot must speak. A lot of people all over the world speak some english. It would be my best guess for the EU's official language.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

English would facilitate any future "relationship" with America. While it is a difficult language to learn, even the cast of Jersey Shore can speak some simple English words.

Maybe they'll go with Klingon (cling on .. geddit??)

Well we know it won't be German since the French would disagree...
    It can't be French because the Germans & English would disagree...
    The Italians & Spaniards would protest any language that isn't theirs (as would the English) since these nations have lower 2nd lanaguage literacy rates than Northern Europeans.

Just pick Latin & be done with it!
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian9 View Post
    Just pick Latin & be done with it!
    Ix-nay the Atin-lay.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

They should pick the Liberal language.

Theres only a few phrases, a few words to use.

"You got, me want"
    "You didn't build dat"
    "Me feel good, me do it"
    "We all in dis together, give me yours"

There may be a couple more, but I think that covers most of the language.
    Last edited by HeIsEnough; November 19th, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post

"You got, me want"
    "You didn't build dat"
    "Me feel good, me do it"

You forgot--"that response is disproportional". With regards to self-defense or Israel/Christians.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

You forgot--"No Fair! No Fair!". With regards to self-defense or Israel/Christians.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Leveling the playing field?

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post

"You got, me want"
    "You didn't build dat"
    "Me feel good, me do it"

You forgot--"that response is disproportional". With regards to self-defense or Israel/Christians.
    Another one you forgot: It depends on what the mening of the word "is" is.

-Lynn

That would be the response if some terrorists killed 20+ children, and Israel retaliated and killed just one of the terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    English would facilitate any future "relationship" with America. While it is a difficult language to learn, even the cast of Jersey Shore can speak some simple English words.
    Hilarious!