Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrated with Mormons

Default Blind leaders of the blind....

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    For the last couple months I've been going back and forth doing my best to witness to mormons on various sites. Feel like I have gotten NO WHERE! Is it just me? I wonder if Jesus felt this way when dealing with the Pharisees. They have this certain arrogance where they have all the answers and would rather follow blindly then to listen to any common sence. Today I finally cracked ran my mouth rather harshly and probably loss all credibility I had with them, if any? I feel like I know more about mormonism than most mormons at this point LOL. The more I learn the more frustrated I get. Am I wasting my time? Just venting but any suggestions welcome.

Hi Steveo, here's a few verse's that reveal the thought's of Christ Jesus in regards to a similar situation after the Pharisees rejected the truth.

"Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind.

And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."
    Matthew 15:12-14
    Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. Ephesians 1:4-5

Quote Originally Posted by savedbygracethrufaith View Post
    I recommmend a video entitled The Bible vs Joseph Smith. In it a Christian and a Morman agree to test the prophets from both of their Bibles using the Deuteronomic test. (One wrong prophesy = not a prophet). The Christian is very compassionate and easy going but one by one they prove that each of Mormanism's prophets including Joseph Smith are not prophets of God.

Maybe you can find something in the video to use. BTW...the site I purchased the video from it cost $10 but offered it free to any Morman that wants it.
    I bet this is the video a Mormon lady that visited with my pastor recently had seen. She had seen it on YouTube I think; called my pastor out of the blue... asked all the right questions... a few days later my pastor visited them in their home. Today they were attending our church, even came to my Sunday School class. I was out of town on a Gideon assignment, so I didn't get to meet them. The lady told my wife they have been under intense pressure from the local LDS community. With God's grace, I pray they are able to withstand the pressure to the point they can make their own, genuine profession of faith.

But the video must be a good one...

I tried a similar thing with my JW relatives, i.e. pointing out all the times their 'prophets' have been wrong; but they just continue to make excuses for them. I haven't seen or talked with any of my JW relatives in over a year so I assume they are all still stuck in that darkness. I continue to pray for them.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

What to do when the culties come a knockin' at your door.

Step 1 - Be polite.

Step 2 - Proclaim the Gospel.

Step 3 - Rejoice and praise the Lord when they listen to the message, profess repentance and ask Jesus for salvation.

What to do when unrepentant culties come a knockin' at your door.

Step 1 - Be polite.

Step 2 - Proclaim the Gospel.

Step 3 - Take whatever pamphlets or other literature they offer and bid them good day. Immediately and without looking at the propaganda in the least, throw it all away thus reducing the amount of said propaganda they have on hand that particular day to foist on some other, perhaps undiscerning, folks.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.